ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Love this game! Challenging, but not impossible

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Oct 23, 10 7:30 AM
I finished Cradle of Rome, and then saw this game on the developer's site. I was almost afraid to demo because of all of the negative comments. But, I thought, "Why not give it a go".

I just love it.

It is not a relaxing game, and those with mobility issues would not enjoy it.

During the normal levels, birdies perched on the top of your grid drop pieces down that pile up unless you keep clearing, and matching like crazy. If the pieces in the grid column where the birdie is perched reaches the top, the birdie goes to birdie heaven. Lose all birdies - lose a life. BUT in normal levels, you get automatic power-ups that help a lot that drop pretty often into the board - such as a Timer to snooze all of your birdies so they stop dropping pieces for awhile, lightning to zap a bunch of pieces etc.

You also have 3 regular power-ups to build up to, like in Cradle of Rome - hammer (smash one piece) feather - kill all of the feathers that build up when birdies die, and egg - this one smashes all of the eggs, and brings all of your birdies back to life.

After you clear the board, you get a jewel that has to be dropped down the grid by clearing the tiles beneath it. No timer, but extra points for speed. It's the pace of the tiles being dropped by birdies that gets you.

Music ranges from fun to happy to cheezy, but goes with the game.

The REAL challenge is the last game on each level (usual game 6 or 7), has all of the above except NONE of the helper power-ups that drop in the usual levels. You still have the 3 regular that you can build up. Advice - build up those before the last level. Also, you can't worry too much about the birdies dying, because they will. Just win the game and match like mad. If you have a chance of winning, burn the egg power-up and bring back the birdies - otherwise let them go and try again.

Graphics are cute, story's a good tie, but not too much of it.

If you want a challenge, and kind of like timed games, give this one a try.

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Love this game! Challenging, but not impossible

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Oct 31, 10 1:44 PM
Have to take it back....level 10.7 IS impossible (at least for me). Wrote the developer to see if there is a patch, otherwise this one is deleted for now, as I just cannot see a way to complete it.

Go to: