bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Mystery of the Earl technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 23, 10 8:02 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Earl technical issues here only

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Oct 23, 10 8:43 AM
Could not access the glass of champagne to give to bride to calm her. It is just sitting in the inventory. I turned off custom curser and still could not access it. Then could not exit game. went to menu, exit and then it says to hit any key to exit and just brings you back to the menu. Had to hit control, alt, delete and exit from task manager. Just the beginning of many bugs???? hmmmmm.

[Post New]by ladysitter62 on Oct 23, 10 8:48 AM
My curser wouldn't reach the glass of champane so I couldn't go on in the game, I also found it to be running very slow.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Oct 23, 10 9:40 AM
It seems the cursor's aim is off. I found by placing it down and right of the item, I got it. However I don't have the patience for that kind of nonsense, so I simply uninstalled the stupid game.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Oct 23, 10 10:39 AM
This game was awful...Never have I seen such a slow game..... Took me over 30 mins. just to get the bird in the nest. Whew......... Even with my outdated computer I've never had that much wait time....
Looks like it was an ok game too!!! Pity.......

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Oct 23, 10 11:06 AM
Had the same difficulties. Game is very slow; cursor moves in a very dis-jointed way so it's hard to get it over the item to be clicked on. It overshoots the item and you have to move back several times. Then the game froze up on me and I couldn't access the menu to shut of the game. Had to shut down the computer to get out of it. Too bad; I was looking forward to playing this game.

[Post New]by postal_nana on Oct 23, 10 11:37 AM
i was under the assumption that tomorrows games were new ones. apparently i was misinformed. this game downloaded and installed and said the trial version was expired. now how is it that it was expired without ever having played it. no i havent beta tested it. since i have never been sent any to beta test and no i very i havent trial versioned it elsewhere unless it is very many years old... .. but after looking at reviews i suppose it is just as well that i never played the trial... lol

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 23, 10 11:51 AM
FYI postal nana,

Occasionally you will have that happen - download the demo and it says "trial expired" even though you haven't ever played it. Here is a solution to that if it ever happens to you again (or if you want to go ahead and play this demo).

Make sure the game in question is uninstalled. Then go to add/remove programs in Windows and uninstall the BFG manager. Then go back to the main game page (Try It/Buy It page) and re-download the game trial. This will also re-install the BF Game Manager.

Now you should have the latest version of the Game Manager and your game trial with the 60 minutes re-instated. This has worked for me on several occasions!! It sounds complicated but it isn't bad and doesn't take too long if you have a high speed connection.

I hope this helps!!

shadowfax

dallipoo01
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dallipoo01 on Oct 23, 10 12:13 PM
This game runs so slow. Can anything be done to speed it up?

[Post New]by jack39 on Oct 23, 10 12:33 PM
Just tried to download this game and when it started to install, I got a message that a problem had been noted and my computer shut down. Is there a virus attached? I will not try to download this game again. My husband had his computer die from installing a game. Cost us big bucks to get it fixed. Help!!

Mischie
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mischie on Oct 23, 10 2:20 PM
I tried what peglegan suggested, new profile and no tutorial, was a little better, but still slow. still froze and had to go task manager to close it when picked up the fairy. think I'll wait and see if there is a fix.

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Oct 23, 10 2:22 PM
I am in the bride's chamber and I want to calm Mary down so she she will get out of the way and I can use the key on the door. There is a glass of something calming in my inventory but I can't access it. It is if my cursor is hitting a wall. It looks like I wouldn't be able to access anything on the right side of the inventory as the cursor just wont go there. I see some others have had the same problem. A bit frustrating as I was enjoying this one (even though only just played about 10 mins into the demo so far), I am not having any other issues with this game, it seems to play at the right speed although maybe I am slow haha. Oh well, delete this game and go and have my own glass of something calming

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 2:24:10 PM PST

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Oct 23, 10 4:15 PM
Another dud game. Changed the curser as it was wavering to much clicked on items quite easy to see nothing happened.Waste of time

bonbowl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bonbowl on Oct 24, 10 1:38 AM
I didnt have any trouble playing the first few minutes but my computer fans went on full speed, & I just had new video card installed Friday, so I quickly uninstalled it.. too bad, it looked like I would have enjoyed it. Playing with w7 64 bit

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Oct 24, 10 6:39 AM
Had to switch to small screen mode to obtain items in the right column of my inventory.

Re:Post any Mystery of the Earl game will not open

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Oct 24, 10 6:51 AM
each time i press play the screen goes black and then goes back to my games my computer is compatable i have tried redown loading with no joy any ideas on what could be wrong

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Oct 24, 10 7:20 AM
I bought this game, like an idiot. I was rocking along pretty good for a while, and had obtained several wallpapers from collecting diamonds. (I don't use the wallpapers, but the challenge of finding the diamonds was one I couldn't ignore!) Then suddenly, I found I was unable to pick things up. I had played for a couple of hours at this point so I just got out and figured I'd try again today. When I went into it, IT STARTED ALL OVER! Everything I had done was gone......nothing had been saved. It would only pick up a few things, it would not let me change the cursor, and it would not let me exit. When this type of stuff happens, I have to wonder if the game was in fact tested prior to release. This is my type of game, beautiful graphics, so what's the deal????? I have uninstalled and am now reinstalling just for grins to see what happens. I have a feeling I will be asking for a credit on this one. I don't know what's happening with BFG lately, but I wish they would get it together.

kavdek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kavdek on Oct 24, 10 8:01 AM
Like the others, I experienced a very slow game. It would not let me skip the tutorial, locked up for the longest time on the first piece of the broom, never did let me get the second piece of the broom, and then would not let me exit -- I had to warm boot it. Would also not let me skip the movie, no matter how many times I hit skip.

Looks like it might not be a bad game to play. Just couldn't get it to work.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 24, 10 9:29 AM
KathyGriggs wrote:I bought this game, like an idiot. I was rocking along pretty good for a while, and had obtained several wallpapers from collecting diamonds. (I don't use the wallpapers, but the challenge of finding the diamonds was one I couldn't ignore!) Then suddenly, I found I was unable to pick things up.

You got a lot further along than a lot of us who played the demo Kathy! A lot of us got to the second scene and couldn't pick the filled glass up out of inventory to give to the maid!!! We were stuck in the SECOND SCENE and couldn't go any farther!

phudy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by phudy on Oct 24, 10 4:47 PM
THIS IS ONE Of the worst games i have downloaded cursor has to be exact and then it still doesnt take out the object and the cursor froze on me and i had to get out of the game like a jerk i bought the game and now i am still having problems and no walkthrough guess bf is having problems itself

Go to: