penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

SPOILER ALERT the ending

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 23, 10 5:30 PM
I am really not happy about the ending...

He takes her to his liar and then......

i played the extra hoping to find a ending?? And then NONE

I want to ask if anyone played the extra, for when I finished it and gave the last black rose >>>>It started the same extra again OR is there something I MISSED??

PLEASE let me know

THANKS
Hoping there is a Part II

PEN

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

SPOILER ALERT the ending

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 23, 10 5:39 PM
penrose47 wrote:I am really not happy about the ending...

He takes her to his liar and then......

i played the extra hoping to find a ending?? And then NONE

I want to ask if anyone played the extra, for when I finished it and gave the last black rose >>>>It started the same extra again OR is there something I MISSED??

PLEASE let me know

THANKS
Hoping there is a Part II

PEN

I'm thinking there has to be a sequel.

nemesis45679
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:SPOILER ALERT the ending

[Post New]by nemesis45679 on Oct 23, 10 8:27 PM
Yeah, they must be leaving the door open, because the ending was TERRIBLE!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 23, 10 9:18 PM
I am not a spelling or grammar Nazi in the forums, but is the Phantom a liar, or has he taken her to his lair? Maybe both!!!
Either way, I agree, a totally unsatisfactory ending - unless there is to be a sequel ....hoping!
This game was outstanding (except for the length of the "bonus" chapter of the game) but, hey, the main game took hours to complete if you are like me and choose to take your time and "enjoy" the challenge/graphics etc.
Cheers.

[Post New]by TechMinx on Oct 23, 10 11:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone else felt a bit weird about this ending! After I played the game I was just gobsmacked that it finishes on that note. It's still such a great game though. Best one in ages so I'm not complaining (just feeling a little sorry for the poor heroine of the piece).

(First post btw, hi everybody!! )

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Oct 23, 10 11:11 PM
It's such a lousy ending.

There isn't enough story left for a sequel. We already know the whole mystery.

But, they didn't give us an ending, I guess, in some misguided effort to make us want the next one?

Like we wouldn't already want another one because the game was so good?

But, I would want a clean, new mystery if it takes a year to get it. I don't want to have to remember what happened when I played a previous game.

Bummer. Other than that, it was a great game.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Oct 24, 10 2:21 AM
Not every ending has to be a good (meaning happy) one. (And to the Phantom, still thinking she's Christine, it probably is a happy ending...)

I liked the ending, because I always thought 'how can she escape by actually following him deeper and deeper into the opera house?' and felt justified in the end.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Oct 24, 10 2:32 AM
................ lol ... yes! When you want to escape, it's always a good idea to get further and further away from the front door!

............ it's also a good idea to blow a hole in a wall with the readily available dynamite... and then walk straight past it!

ETA -Forgot my manners! Welcome to the pond TechMinx.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 2:33:56 AM PST

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Oct 24, 10 4:13 AM
Really enjoyed this game..and I have no problems with "to be continued".

The way I see it, if I forget by the time sequel comes out, I'll have to play
again as a reminder and that's not a bad thing!!

Definitely got my money's worth. Took me 8 hours, that's with taking my
time, looking for things not ready to be found, HOG's that were hiding
and in the next to last "find musical notes" not being able to find last note.
Had to quit and come back.

The music reminded me of the first "Alien" movie with Sigourney Weaver.

My only "complaint" was I wish they found new things for her to say or
say nothing at all.

Oh and using embalming fluid

weeharley, have you noticed that most, if not all, of these games involve
doing things that "is not a good idea!!"

hookedfish
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by hookedfish on Oct 24, 10 12:08 PM
I'm wondering if I am mis-remembering... the end was so sudden: But it seems to me that when I went out some exit, suddenly it was over, yet there were a lot of things never done, inventory not used, items unopen...! Then I couldn't go back to explore still...

Anyone else? Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I'm hallucinating...? Maybe those things didn't need to be done.
Well... I'm playing the bonus play. But still bugged...

[Post New]by Menacer267 on Oct 24, 10 12:35 PM
Oh, there'd better be a Part 2 to this game...it's not a true Phantom story until she unmasks him!

Looks like she got close, though.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Oct 24, 10 12:39 PM
I thought the ending was just perfect. It was sudden, but leaves the playing field wide open for a sequel. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the novel in the extras, which I had never read before, and then googling the film version with Gerard Butler to watch.

It seems to me that there are great possibilities for a sequel. I don't think it's too late in the story at all. They could have Raoul, or Christine, or a male admirer of Eveline. The sequel could be a whole series of challenges for any of these three to complete in the goal of rescuing Eveline from the Phantom's lair.

Or, as Menacer267 suggested, unmasking Erik and a series of challenges for Eveline to escape from his lair. I'll certainly be looking forward to a sequel!

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 12:41:01 PM PST

[Post New]by earthdog_annie on Oct 24, 10 6:47 PM
I am embarrassed to say, I thought the Phantom was hot! I kept clicking on him in the mirror till he would say "Do you like what you see?" I wanted her to fall for him.
At the end her mother's voice came in and told her to be careful with his heart so when the bonus chapter came I thought she would fall in love with him or something.
Good game! Packed with puzzle after puzzle!

shamaho
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by shamaho on Oct 24, 10 7:41 PM
Earthdog, you are not alone. I kept clicking him for that.

As a die-hard Phan in my teenage years, I kind of liked the ending in that....he kind of got some closure. And I think since her mother always had a soft spot for him, Eveline could really get used to him.

That said, I bet if they did a sequel it would be Raoul and or Christine hunting her down. After all, they heard the note, they know damn well who snatched her and I'm surprised that Raoul and the entire gendarmerie didn't come and smash all the walls in looking for her as it were.

I'm pretty satisfied. We do need an unmasking sequence so..I hope they're already developing a sequel!

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Oct 25, 10 9:03 PM
I was poking around the forums hoping someone else posted about the flat ending. lol

I give the game play an A+ but the ending has to be given an F-. I noticed while playing the game that the plot was VERY thin but hoped it would all come together in the end.

When it did not, I thought SURELY it would be explained in the bonus segment. That didn't happen either (and I have to say that was the worst bonus level in a game I think I've seen). It really didn't have anything to do with the game or plot at all, consisted of like 3 scenes, and lasted about 30 minutes. lol

You never unmask the phantom, why on earth is he so stupid he doesn't realize he has the wrong girl, did she get free? Etc.

Yeah, it might be 'To Be Continued' but remember the first in the series was 'Sleepy Hollow.' That also ended with a to be continued and that sequel never came. So I'm not holding my breath.

So, yeah. Sucky ending. BUT I freaking loved the game play.

Edited on 10/25/2010 at 9:07:44 PM PST

[Post New]by damnedfallacy on Oct 26, 10 10:43 AM
I agree that the ending was really a letdown. I don't mind if it's obviously left open for a sequel the way RTR was..."It's resolved...but the bad guy got away" sort of thing. But this feels like they cut a movie in half and now we have to wait forever for the next part.

Just FYI, I'm not happy about the new Harry Potter movie being a two-parter either. I'm not a very patient person.

[Post New]by poet67 on Oct 27, 10 12:10 PM
mostly_nameless wrote:It's such a lousy ending.

There isn't enough story left for a sequel. We already know the whole mystery.

But, they didn't give us an ending, I guess, in some misguided effort to make us want the next one?

Like we wouldn't already want another one because the game was so good?

But, I would want a clean, new mystery if it takes a year to get it. I don't want to have to remember what happened when I played a previous game.

Bummer. Other than that, it was a great game.

[Post New]by poet67 on Oct 27, 10 12:13 PM
I did not like the ending either, after seeing Phantom movie and on Broadway I expected more of the ending, like what he does when he finds out that she is Christine's daughter? will there be a sequel?

zoogal
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by zoogal on Oct 29, 10 7:41 PM
AshleyD1979 wrote:
Yeah, it might be 'To Be Continued' but remember the first in the series was 'Sleepy Hollow.' That also ended with a to be continued and that sequel never came. So I'm not holding my breath.

So, yeah. Sucky ending. BUT I freaking loved the game play.

I remember the end of "Sleepy Hollow" was pretty complete (you found out what happened to everyone and they covered the entire original story). I'm hoping that at the end of "Sleepy Hollow" when they said to be continued they meant that there will be another Mystery Legends game not more "Sleepy Hollow." Of course I'm being optimistic. I felt the ending lacked closure and I am making possible excuses hoping there will be a sequel.

[Post New]by isbeth on Oct 30, 10 6:28 PM
I really enjoyed this game and I hope there is a sequel! Otherwise, it would spoil an otherwise great game.

Go to: