The ending

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

The ending

[Post New]by vkacademy on Oct 23, 10 8:41 PM
That was just... dumb and weird. Great game all the way until the end, though!

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

Re:The ending

[Post New]by MURPHY on Oct 23, 10 9:02 PM
I agree.

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Oct 23, 10 9:12 PM
Dumb, weird and disappointing for me.

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Spoiler! The ending

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Oct 24, 10 3:17 AM
I disagree. The ending was great! It made me gasp

I know I am naive ..... and have learned that only in the movies will I be surprised by an ending, as in the movie The Usual Suspects.

This is the first time everything didn't end happily in a game I play online. He worked SO hard. Loved it, loved it, loved the whole game. Music is awesome. I even enjoyed getting lost!

Spoiler! The ending

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Oct 24, 10 3:28 PM
Avalon2 wrote:I disagree. The ending was great! It made me gasp

I know I am naive ..... and have learned that only in the movies will I be surprised by an ending, as in the movie The Usual Suspects.

This is the first time everything didn't end happily in a game I play online. He worked SO hard. Loved it, loved it, loved the whole game. Music is awesome. I even enjoyed getting lost!

Glad you enjoyed. I liked the game for the most part except for the ending not so much because of what happened so much as how abruptly it ended without explaining what happened to the townspeople or the people on the ship. As I just commented in my review I suppose it was intentional to leave room for a prequel and/ or a sequel. While it may seem due to the # of posts that I haven't played many games I am long past the point of wanting to buy a game to see how it ends. So I'm not really sure I would want to buy a prequel or sequel to this game. There are so many great games out there that this one seems mediocre by comparison. I'll admit my opinion is colored by the fact that the story or plotline is very critical to my enjoyment of a game. So take this for what it's worth.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 3:29:46 PM PST

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Oct 24, 10 9:38 PM
Sorry, but the ending to this game was pathetic, and spoiled an otherwise outstanding effort.

Adventure game convention is that if you, the player complete all the quests correctly in an adventure game, your "hero" wins (he receives the best possible outcomes); To have otherwise occur is more than disappointing, and disheartening for the player, as you have a game wherein you cannot possibly win, no matter what you do.

Two thumbs WAY down for this ending.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Oct 25, 10 1:45 AM
The ending was unexpected, but good, for me at least.

The hero doesn't have to win, not even in adventures.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 25, 10 1:56 AM
SPOILER (just in case "The ending" is enough of a hint lol)

OMG I so agree. Worst. Ending. Ever. It ruined the whole game for me and if they are expecting to sell prequels or sequels well they just LOST. And it's not even about the fact the hero dies (although that is really annoying!!) but you know if I invest all that time into a game that is that detailed and such an immersive storyline then I expect to have at least SOME of the answers as my reward for finishing the game.

Very very LAME.

It was all over the board... monsters with weird footprints... orientalish statues with some kind of cult... a pregnant lady bricked into a room after her husband disappears who apparently dies of thirst... WTH?!?! It's kind of like they took all these creepy parts from other games and just tossed them in all over the place. I'm really glad I couldn't afford the CE this time around or I would have been even more upset with it. Makes me mad because I was really enjoying the game and in fact I was so involved I stayed up later than I should have just to finish... but this is like reading a book and then you reach the end and someone has torn out the last chapter.

thatstom
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by thatstom on Oct 25, 10 7:12 AM
did you all drink the water?

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Oct 25, 10 6:56 PM
ok the ending was bizarre. But the rest of the game was good, I would have liked the story to develop so that I slowly get what happens to the town & why all the other stuff happens but at least getting there was good.

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Oct 25, 10 9:50 PM
thatstom wrote:did you all drink the water?

I did. Did that make a difference?

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 26, 10 2:27 PM
played games with worse endings than this really ...
yah it left alot of unanswered questions but,,, it was a surprise to me anyway....
so i didnt' seem to mind it as much
overall i thought on a scale from 1 to 10 i'll have to give it a 6
honestly i don't know how these developers even create a game and a story to go along with it..
can you imagine the work involved in some of these IHOG games ???

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Oct 26, 10 5:20 PM
Hate to admit it, but I'm unclear as to what actually did happen at the end. ??? Not sure who was what, if you know what I mean. (Can't remember how to post spoilers or I'd be more specific - sorry). But overall enjoyed the game and thought it was a good length.

[Post New]by bonnadonna on Oct 27, 10 3:19 AM

the ending was just to cut and dry, as though the creator of the game just ran out of energy and wanted to go take a nap. Game over the End,
There was so many things left in inventory .

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Oct 27, 10 7:03 AM
Spoiler Alert

misty5 wrote:Hate to admit it, but I'm unclear as to what actually did happen at the end. ??? Not sure who was what, if you know what I mean. (Can't remember how to post spoilers or I'd be more specific - sorry). But overall enjoyed the game and thought it was a good length.

I'm unclear about what happened at the end too, since the video was seriously lagging on my computer at the end of the game. I get that he died, and I think it's cuz Angel killed him, but do they explain why or how? If someone could please fill me in about this, it would be much appreciated.

I too was also disappointed that the mystery of what happened to the people on the ship and the townspeople was not revealed. Other than that, I thought it was a great game. Not too many HOGs, which can irk me, and a good amount of adventure and wandering around, which I enjoy in games.

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Oct 28, 10 6:58 PM
I drank the water, several glasses, nothing happened as far as I could tell.

So this cult made everyone crazy, all the townspeople and his girlfriend, that's why she killed him. He then turns into a zombie, and searches for her, finds her and remembers that she killed him. So what happened to the cult and all the rest of the townspeople? Did they turn into zombies too? Why are the cult members lizard like? And wait, didn't they crash onto the island together? How did she end up on the island if they didn't crash?

Ergh irritating ending, too many unanswered questions, too many plot lines that don't satisfactorily intersect. Unfortunate becuase the gameplay was not bad.

[Post New]by evie624 on Oct 28, 10 11:26 PM
I'm stuck at the crane.....what exactly am I supposed to be lifting? I fumbled through 4 hours of this game only to be stuck at the stupid crane. Can anyone HELP me?

sm22281
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sm22281 on Oct 29, 10 2:28 AM
At the crane, use the controls to slide the hook all the way to the right, lower it, and hook it to the ramp, then bring the ramp towards the left, and deposit it near the ramp entry for the ship.
====================
The game was very involved, lots of twists and turns and running up and down and back and forth. I would have been lost without the help - arrow hinting at direction! Thanks for the hinting arrows -- I managed to finish the game without ever looking up the walkthrough.

Not too clear about the story. Clearly something awful happened to the people in the town, although we only get to enter one house and the police station. And two different ships that docked at the mysterious island have lost their people one way or another. People are used as human sacrifice to the reptilian god creature in the underground cavern and turn into reptilian zombies.

It was interesting watching the video ending. It was anti-climactic to be led about in this horror mystery and have such a downer ending. Oh well!

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 2:37:58 AM PST

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Oct 29, 10 7:19 PM
I was suspicious of her right from the beginning, when she asks to see
the valuable artifact (or whatever it was) that he discovered, then-boom-
he's sinking to bottom of ocean. that thing he landed on did bad mojo
on him.
I enjoyed this game and I'm not too disappointed when every question
is not answered-leaves a bit to the imagination.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Oct 29, 10 11:45 PM
mirror75 wrote:I drank the water, several glasses, nothing happened as far as I could tell.

So this cult made everyone crazy, all the townspeople and his girlfriend, that's why she killed him. He then turns into a zombie, and searches for her, finds her and remembers that she killed him. So what happened to the cult and all the rest of the townspeople? Did they turn into zombies too? Why are the cult members lizard like? And wait, didn't they crash onto the island together? How did she end up on the island if they didn't crash?

Ergh irritating ending, too many unanswered questions, too many plot lines that don't satisfactorily intersect. Unfortunate becuase the gameplay was not bad.

Do you mean the holy water in the church? I used it to clean the window with the rag, but didn't notice that it could be drank.

Thanks for explaining the ending. So is he a zombie throughout the whole game, since Angel killed him on the boat, and only finds out at the end that he's been wandering around dead the whole time? Or does she turn him into a zombie at the end? I am confused about that. I couldn't get the video to play at the end which is why I am confused.

Go to: