[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 24, 10 12:55 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun - Today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 24, 10 1:18 AM
Thanks for mentioning timer option. When I saw time on the screenshot that was an uh uh for me. And looked like finding fragments, another turnoff. Unless that is just pieces of a jigsaw, those I like.

Would demo it but pressed for time trying to set up a new laptop with BIGGER SCREEN yippee, that solves some of my teeny object issues. Thanks, devils in the details are a time saver too.

I do like Mys PI series, have all of them. Do I need another one to relax? LOL. Well, hard to pass by a bargain.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Oct 24, 10 1:52 AM
Thanks for the review makes it easier to decide to download or not. I will now. Thanks again.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Oct 24, 10 4:45 AM
I don't know how I missed this one first time around! Graphics are great, it loads and plays perfect, no dark corners or misshaped objects ( no blue bananas or green mice either.....yaaaaa!) I even like the scoring system which,in a HOG, I usually have no use for. It does have a timer but your time doesn't elapse. It just records your time so you can improve without being penalized! Basic HOG with puzzles. A definite buy for me.
Dr.good
p.s. CasualGran nailed it again.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 4:49:23 AM PST

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Oct 24, 10 4:54 AM
Very easy basic HOG. Hints are plentiful. Find two additional statues in each scene to further game. Bonuses for fast finds. Not much more to say! It is certainly worth a go but more seasoned HOG players will find it a tad boring

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Oct 24, 10 6:01 AM
It is a buy for me. Thanks to all you fishies that reviewed it and shared your review.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Oct 24, 10 6:58 AM
I concur w/the forum - Nice HOGame, no brain-twisting elements, objects are easy to see/find. Might be a for seasoned players, but nice game never-the-less.
However, I'm passing on this DD, but still give it a .
Enjoy!

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Oct 24, 10 7:09 AM
Thanks CasualGran! I always love reading your reviews!

I played the hour demo and made it to Chapter 4. From other reviews in the forum, it looks like there might be 8 chapters to this one.

This game would be good for kids or gamers new to HOGs. Straight HOG. Mini-games (so far) are jigsaw puzzles. Clear graphics. No timer. Great hint system.

For seasoned HOG gamers it will be a tad easy.

Nice game for the DD price of $2.99.

I always check out the DD, but I think I'll pass on this one. I like more of a challenge.

Still hookt!

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Oct 24, 10 7:33 AM
For those of us who enjoy the traditional hidden object games, this is a great game!
I wanted to add that there is an "unlimited search" feature after you finish the game.

I bought this game when it first came out and have replayed several times.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 24, 10 8:23 AM
The graphics are good. The gameplay is straight HOG, nothing else, which is a nice change of pace. The objects are easy to find as they look like what they are. The story is unique and engaging. I can't see a downside to this game if you are looking for a relaxing easy to play game.

This game is an A-.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Oct 24, 10 8:33 AM
Just stopped in while purchasing to recommend. It's pretty much a straight HOG with a few easy jigsaw-type puzzles in between. There's a story, but it's simple and brief and you get right back into the action after reading only a sentence or two between HOG scenes. There are TONS of hints and you can easily pick up all you need. The timer only counts upward; try to find objects quickly for a higher score. Objects are fairly easy to find; I'm finishing most scenes easily within two minutes using one or two hints maximum. For $2.99 you can't go wrong for a fun and stress-free game that will appeal to all ages.

[Post New]by cor_ky2003 on Oct 24, 10 8:49 AM
I don't reply often, but after downloading this game, the screen froze on the big fish logo and I couldn't get it to go any further I know it is not my computer, as it is only 1 month old, and all of the other games I bought this month are just fine. What do you suggest? Thank you.

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Oct 24, 10 9:08 AM
This one's just way too easy for my taste. The hidden objects are not really hidden, just sitting there in plain view -- it's no more challenging than searching for icons on my desktop

The only minigames are 8 very easy jigsaw puzzles.

I do like straight HOGs and I don't care much for minigames anyway, but this one seems just too simple for me -- I like to actually have to search for something when playing a HOG.

I think it would be great for beginner hoggers though. I also like it when HOGs unlock an unlimited mode at the end -- thumbs up for that.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 9:11:30 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Oct 24, 10 10:23 AM
I must concur also, especially as a DD

ilikegame
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ilikegame on Oct 24, 10 10:32 AM
A basic HOG and good for the beginner. Very nice graphics, easy to find objects, good hint systems and no timer. A very relax game to kill the time.

Although I won't buy it because I have so many basic HOG, I would give it a grade A.

maggieevans
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by maggieevans on Oct 24, 10 12:06 PM
Ratatouille wrote:This one's just way too easy for my taste. The hidden objects are not really hidden, just sitting there in plain view -- it's no more challenging than searching for icons on my desktop .

hee hee

(I agree.)

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Oct 24, 10 12:35 PM
Well, as to searching for icons on my desktop - you should see my desktop. Things there have gone missing for weeks before I can locate 'em again, lol.

Just popped in to add my thanks to Casualgran, and quoting DoctorGood, you did indeed nail it again. Your mention of the Mystery P.I series got me right off.

Here is another game I would have passed on, had I not gone to the forums first. The easier games, "friendlier", are a great change of pace from the much-loved challengers. They go together very well for me.

Thanks to all, your comments, as always, helped again. It's a buy.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 24, 10 12:36 PM
I played the 1 hour demo. It is an OK HOG. But after the 1 hour demo, I got an error message. I don't know if I should buy it or not. Has this happened to any one else?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 24, 10 1:30 PM
it's no more challenging than searching for icons on my desktop

Well, in my case, that would be pretty challenging, LOL. Dang, I need to clean it up!

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Oct 24, 10 1:55 PM
I really like this! I was a bit put off when someone said it was like the Mystery PI series, because I got really sick of those. But this has much more colorful graphics and things are easier to pick out, though still sometimes rather challenging. 40 minutes of the demo went by too quickly! Hints recharge by finding coins in the HOG scenes; don't think I always found them. You have to collect two Inca artifacts in each scene that aren't listed in the objects to be found, but you can't go on until you locate them (and they do remind you so you're not just stuck staring at the screen wondering what you did wrong!)
A good buy, especially as a DD, if you're a HOG fan.

Go to: