Expert!!! I can't even come close. How do you do that?

[Post New]by cathie13 on Oct 25, 10 12:53 AM
I am finally up to 17 and am stuck again. I am always lucky to finish before the timer goes right to the very last little sliver of red.
Apparently you get 500000 ms to finish this according to the Level 17 file in the "Levels" folder. I would love to edit that, but I have forgotten how to get into an XML file or this is fixed so that it "ain't" easy.
Handy hints on hitting those expert levels or even finishing 17 at all?

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:Expert!!! I can't even come close. How do you do that?

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 25, 10 7:06 AM
Cathie, definitely read the "walkthrough?" discussion for tips on getting expert level on all levels. I will replay level 17 and get back to you on my strategy.

edited to add: I put my walkthrough in a separate thread so people could find it by level number. Good Luck!

Edited on 10/25/2010 at 7:40:13 AM PST

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on May 2, 13 12:49 PM
The frustration of building your last bit of road as the timer turns from green to red! I've had greater success at reading "expert" by playing the same level 2 or 3 times in a row. Still don't always get it, but this allows me to plan better before I start the level.

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on May 4, 13 11:40 AM
Add to my former reply - build your storehouse as soon as you can after the sawmill, farm or fishing village, gold mine & quarry. Then every time you collect from one of those resources, you'll get a bonus. I've had better luck with taking my storehouse to the max and letting the gold mine and quarry stay at the level 1. Also, I try to use the stop clock when my resources are low and the boots or hammer when resources are high and I can get to several projects (piles of stone, a section of road, a bridge) all at one time.

[Post New]by xmassnowmen on Feb 8, 14 3:47 PM
See my discussion on STRATEGY TO GET ANY LEVEL and this is at Expert.

Works every time!

Go to: