bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 26, 10 1:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

PeteGarf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by PeteGarf on Oct 30, 10 5:03 AM
I cannot get past the sign in page. After putting in name, nothing happens. Windmill is moving in background, but nothing happens when I enter or hit ok. Have removed and reloaded game to no avail.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Feb 22, 11 12:52 PM
Basically the same here (XP sp3, Dell desktop, Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000).
However, I've managed to sign in (don't remember exactly how: might have been via the trial). The game now plays, but will not exit: it seems the _game_ screens are OK, but they have a different handler for the load, option and exit pages.

I now exit the game via Alt-Tab and kill the game by an external program: I use ProcExp. Task Manager should work too. One thing you could try: use tab and spacebar to try to navigate around the fields. Hit tab, then try the arrow keys/space bar and see what happens. If you can get the name field, or Yes, or whatever, to be highlighted, then hit space/mouse button, you may be OK.

Since I _can_ play the game I'll not pester BFG for a refund, but (as they say) YMMV.

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 12:53:42 PM PST

[Post New]by sedatedwoman on Apr 21, 11 8:18 AM
what the heck!! this is the 3rd game in the past 24 hours that I downloaded and all I get is a white screen!!! HELP!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 21, 11 8:41 AM
Hey sedatedwoman,

You might want to see if a quick update to your computer might help with the white screen. For these instructions, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you need more assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps can definitely help. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by sedatedwoman on Apr 22, 11 4:56 PM
thank you for responding...I did all of that and still got white screen

Go to: