Can't open jail cell

[Post New]by ShrimpFace on Oct 26, 10 12:51 PM
I'm a newbie to the forum so please be gentle. I've found the badge with the three numbers and placed it in the indentation by the cell. When I press the correct numbers nothing happens. Please can anyone help me?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Re:Can't open jail cell

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Oct 26, 10 1:13 PM
Welcome to the pond Shrimpface!

Here is a thread that may help: Policeman's badge number

A great way to search the forums without going through a lot of threads is the Advanced Forum Search under the Search All Forums. Here you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like "badge" and the posts with the word "badge" in it will pop up!

Happy Gaming!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by ShrimpFace on Oct 26, 10 1:15 PM
Please ignore previous post. My moniter is going bad and I couldn't see the dials clearly.

dotnotcalm
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dotnotcalm on Nov 4, 10 8:50 AM
Hi bfgTigris,

I went to "Policeman's Badge Number" and tried the various suggestions. No luck. I left a post there the other day, but I guess nobody has been back there since a solution was suggested and I assume it worked for some. Not me, however, and I would appreciate some continued interest in this problem. Thanks, I really want to continue the game.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 4, 10 9:29 AM
Do you actually have the badge? It's part of the unlocking mechanism (sort of ) As I recall, you won't be able to open the cell for quite a while after discovering it!

dotnotcalm
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dotnotcalm on Nov 5, 10 1:04 PM
Yes, I have the badge and therefore the badge number. Can't operate the dials.

dotnotcalm
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dotnotcalm on Nov 6, 10 7:57 AM
Chelseybee - Please be more specific about lining the numbers up. I see very faint arrows in the center of the dial, but pointing them all to the left doesn't work. Clicking the dials according to the numbers on the badge doesn't work either. I'm glad there is a solution, but I have yet to find it. Hope you can help.

[Post New]by madog12 on Nov 6, 10 11:14 AM
I was having problems with this too. I can't see any numbers on the dials at all. I did finally open the cell - here's what I did: If you can see the faint arrows inside each dial, line those up first. I don't know if it's different on everyone's game - but I tried various combos. I put them all pointing at the four oclock position. Then, I clicked the top one five times, the middle one once, and the bottom one 8 times and it finally opened. The key is to get all the arrows pointing in the same direction to start with. Yours may be different - but try the four oclock position first and see if that works.

dotnotcalm
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dotnotcalm on Nov 6, 10 4:06 PM
Thank you, thank you! I never would have thought of the 4 o'clock position. It worked for me and I really appreciate your help. Onward and upward!!!!! Yipee!

Zone244
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Zone244 on Jan 14, 13 8:45 PM
I can't see jack on those dials and I am playing in a very dark room. There is nothing wrong with my monitor and I refuse to adjust my resolution for this game. Not really enjoying it, just wanting to complete it so I can get it off my hard drive.

Zone244
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Zone244 on Jan 15, 13 5:37 PM
madog12 wrote:I was having problems with this too. I can't see any numbers on the dials at all. I did finally open the cell - here's what I did: If you can see the faint arrows inside each dial, line those up first. I don't know if it's different on everyone's game - but I tried various combos. I put them all pointing at the four oclock position. Then, I clicked the top one five times, the middle one once, and the bottom one 8 times and it finally opened. The key is to get all the arrows pointing in the same direction to start with. Yours may be different - but try the four oclock position first and see if that works.

Yes, it depends on your badge number - mine was 942. Lined up all arrows (could finally see them; eyes were tired last night), then counted out accordingly to the badge #. Worked...just to get a key....

Edited on 01/15/2013 at 5:39:12 PM PST

Go to: