gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Enigma 7 - Today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 27, 10 12:37 AM
I own this one, but haven't played it much yet. I bought it because the slider gameplay is *different*. *Different* is sometimes enough to sell me a 3 dollar game, in spite of it's other shortcomings, and so far that's how it is with this one. It starts off like there's a decent story line with it, but right now I haven't been able to get the last puzzle piece to move forward any - that is, I'm on a losing streak.

Edited on 10/27/2010 at 4:58:57 AM PST

Re:Enigma 7 - Today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Oct 27, 10 3:03 AM
Truely awful. A slow playing game which is your basic match 3 or slot in from the side game. You have to wait ages for it to let you switch tiles so the fast pace of these games is completely missing. It's only redeaming feature is a mini game, which wouldn't test a 5 year old, in between each set of games.
It also starts off with a board so small it's ahrdly worth the bother.
Can you tell how I feel about it
I downloaded the free hour and won't be buying.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 27, 10 7:34 AM
I have played the trial time today, but this game isn`t for me, even for the low price. Its too slow and easy for me. I will continue playing the new Fishdom game instead. No buy for me

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 27, 10 7:36 AM
The graphics in the cut scenes are early animeque. The grapihcs of the game are about the same, but a little lower level. The gameplay is slow. whether in slider or classic M3 mode. There is a timer that is the door closing behind the board. The story was interesting.

This game is a C.

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Oct 27, 10 9:28 AM
I downloaded the game and only played about 8 minutes and decided to see what was on the forums before going back to it. Man, am I glad I did. My first impression of the game was not good, even after clearing 2 boards using the swap, and not the slider. Fro BF's video, I knew I would not like that one. I enjoy GOOD match 3 games, but frankly, this one is one of the worst I have ever attempted to play, This is the second time I am going to say: "I wouldn't even have this one if you gave it to me, let alone pay anything for it. Good luck to those who do. BF, I know you are in the business of selling games, but you really need to do much better than this

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Oct 27, 10 9:33 AM
I liked the game. I could even tolerate the slow start and end to each match 3 page. I thought the slider version would be a different fun. I was looking for a nice match 3 game. But it has a time out, so I won't buy it.

[Post New]by campylaura on Oct 27, 10 12:07 PM
I have to say after playing for half of the free trial that I am underwhelmed with this one. I don't know if it's something wrong with my computer but the motions of the custom cursor were erratic and I had a hard time controlling the cursor to go where I wanted it to go, which when combined with the sluggish response to my clicks made it a very frustrating half hour indeed. I have a fast machine with lots of RAM so that shouldn't be the problem.

The graphics looked nice enough and the story sounds potentially interesting enough. Poor mechanics are the reason I'm not purchasing it even at the super DD price.

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Oct 27, 10 12:32 PM
i am thinking pretty much the same as everyone else. It played so slow, i actually thought something was wrong with my computer. No buy for me

oh yay, just noticed that i changed to starfish

Edited on 10/27/2010 at 12:33:23 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 27, 10 1:38 PM
Love match games in between the harder games. This game could have been good. The slow play makes this to tedious, way to much time in between screen changes and slow in the actual level you are playing.

Hope everyone has a great game day

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Oct 27, 10 4:52 PM
OMG slow is not the word - It was like playing in the north pole!! I tried to make a match 3 and all the stupid game did was sparkle. After 6 or 8 tries to make a match and NOTHING moved I gave up! This game had GREAT potential but totally STUNK. Sorry - I LOVE Cradle of Rome, Fishdom etc but this game was totally awful!

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Oct 27, 10 10:04 PM
One of the worst match three games I have played.

Even at the daily deal price I can not buy this game. I would like a new good match three however this is not it.

Looked promising but the execution is not done well enough for me.

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 6:30:06 PM PST

montqpr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by montqpr on Oct 28, 10 12:07 PM
I bought this game for $2.99 without trying the one hour trial. What a mistake that was!

I have uninstalled it twice and reloaded, but I cannot even get to start. The program hangs up with only the large cursor on the screen and I have to shut down my computer to get back to normal. This program gets uninstalled for good.

This episode is making me ask, as have others, how BFG can allow such a glitchy program into their normally excellent stable of games.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Nov 3, 10 12:08 AM
the worst.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Enigma 7 - Today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 23, 12 8:17 PM
When you've reached an impasse--no more available moves--and
* the game won't tell you you've lost and
* the game won't reset the board, and
* closing out and resuming brings you back to the same impasse, so
* your only option is to Quit the game completely and then resume, and
* it can all easily happen again, then
I am NOT gonna buy it.

Glad it happened before my demo time was up.

Go to: