sassybarb
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Post any Rooms of Memory Technical Issues here

[Post New]by sassybarb on Nov 2, 16 3:53 PM
last few minutes and server down!!! I will not finish and no chest, room will still be open after deadline! BUMMER!! again! hard to keep playing this game...good luck everybody!

[Post New]by dallywally on Nov 2, 16 4:28 PM
I had that 89% problem where the game would not load past 89%. After trying all sorts of things, I eventually just closed all of my apps and restarted the laptop. Now it works great! Of course, that could be a coincidence because the technical team may have fixed the problem at the same time as I was restarting the laptop but, I will try this the next time it freezes like that.

iamcrisco
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by iamcrisco on Nov 2, 16 6:02 PM
rheach wrote:I found you can only visit neighbors that are a lower level than your character and you can gift everyone if you give from their wish list or from the gift list and click on the person or people you want to give that gift to.

Still having this issue too at this time. Did all the needed steps and issue is still the same.

reallyl8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by reallyl8 on Nov 3, 16 2:53 AM
Liv4zen wrote:I too - have so far had absolutely no luck in adding my first real neighbor.
No gifts to give or get which is a demotivating shame.

I am seated in Denmark and hope to get some "kick-off" progress soon.
The game is potentially addictive - however the lack of neighbors holds back the energy and will to play eagerly.

Best regards from Copenhagen, Denmark. [/quote

hey, if u just keep sending out requests to the random people, I promise you that you will start getting replies! when I first started the game, I wasn't having much luck either.. but after playing for maybe a month, I have over 100 neighbors now. I try to weed out the ones who seem to be inactive when I have the time. lol it's not very easy trying to compare your friends list from the games manager because it isn't in any kind of sort... not alpha, not by level, ect if that makes sense. so it does make it difficult to actually manage! but, if you just keep sending out invites to the 10 random, you will eventually have more than you need! lol

[Post New]by Razmin on Nov 3, 16 3:26 AM
Hello,
I play Rooms of Memory with Firefox and have never had any issues that didn't resolve after a few days.

For the last week I have been having problems loading the game. Sometimes it gets stuck at 89% on the load screen and I have to try several times before it loads. Once it loads I have been unable to visit friends as it puts up the loading icon and just never loads. Strangely enough I can visit friends whose levels are lower than mine with no problem but not anyone with a higher level. Sometimes I can visit Elvira, but no other friends above my level.

I have tried logging in on Internet Explorer and have similar issues.

I have updated my browser and Shockwave, logged in and out, turned the computer off, etc., with no luck. My internet connection has no issues with any other games.

I hope you will be able to address this issue.

Thank you,
Raz

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Nov 3, 16 4:18 AM
There are new problems with the new event - swirls.
See also thread 'A Disappearance Trick - (Old) New Offer'

?Any Solution?

Please don't tease me with your standard answer. I expect no quick reply, except the new problem is solved or will be solved in an exceptable timeframe.

Another aspect should be cleared soon.
Will this event work as usual, dispite those swirls? I think your answer is a relevant information for the members of RoM

Enjoy your work
Sir Vival

------
You could use the thread 'A Disappearance Trick - (Old) New Offer' for your answer.

Edited on 11/03/2016 at 4:20:25 AM PST

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Nov 3, 16 4:57 AM
bfgPanthalassa

Your suggestion might be helpful for the one-off player. However, from experience (several years) in this game, when we're all having the problem it's not us, it's you. Or more correctly, it's the devs.

Please report these issues to the developers. To summarize:

1. We can't visit any neighbour who is higher level than us. This means we can't collect the relics we need to complete the weekly offers.
2. There are no images on the artifacts and relics for the latest quest. This means we don't know what we're collecting. Because the image is spinning, you can't click on it to see if you have the charges you need to complete the artifact, you don't know what to ask for.

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Nov 3, 16 7:13 AM
ME, TOO!!!!
89% load and stuck - a lot.
Swirly objects instead of actual images - a lot.
Haven't tried neighbors. Having to refresh game just brings it to loading again and getting stuck at 89%.
Frustrating and Bummer.
Hope that at least when everyone goes through their time changes that this problem can and will be resolved.

Edited on 11/03/2016 at 7:22:06 AM PST

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Nov 3, 16 7:24 AM
afspam is correct.

We can't visit neighbors with higher levels than our own.

The latest event fails to load its images.

Also, competitions aren't loading, and clearing the cache & restarting the browser & reloading the page repeatedly grows very tedious, and seldom works.

It's not us, it's you. Please fix these glitches. We've all updated our software and followed the instructions, and are growing frustrated.

[Post New]by machteldb on Nov 3, 16 8:11 AM
I have all the same problems, but I've noticed that since nov.1st the amount of players has allmost doubled. Could that be the source of the problems?

smallcharm
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by smallcharm on Nov 3, 16 8:14 AM
It seems that there is more going on here then cache needing cleared. I know I am still a newbie, only been playing for 2 years, but I have more than one issue. Can't visit neighbors above my level and images for new offers not coming through. I followed all the normal clearing, refreshing and shutting down....Halloween is over, no more tricks please! Can we fix this?

[Post New]by x_kat76_x on Nov 3, 16 10:15 AM
smallcharm wrote:It seems that there is more going on here then cache needing cleared. I know I am still a newbie, only been playing for 2 years, but I have more than one issue. Can't visit neighbors above my level and images for new offers not coming through. I followed all the normal clearing, refreshing and shutting down....Halloween is over, no more tricks please! Can we fix this?

Exactly the same here! Can't get to any neighbours above my level so I can't finish the offers. I have also followed all the suggestions above to fix it but nope, still not working Really frustrating, please fix!

[Post New]by mattygroves10 on Nov 3, 16 10:54 AM
I'm on a Mac using Chrome and cannot visit neighbours higher than my level, and I cannot see the items for the latest offer.

Loading times seem to be fine for me. All the usual fixes attempted.

Shirley913
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Shirley913 on Nov 3, 16 11:27 AM
I have cleared my cache as instructed, still cannot visit higher ranking neighbours, no idea what I am collecting with the new game as all I get is swirls. Need to visit my neighbours for the Ogre task. Two days now this has been going on. I am using Google Chrome.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 3, 16 11:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

First of all, thank you all for taking the time to report the issues being experienced in Rooms of Memory here. The Forum Moderation Team wants to apologize that the steps we have provided have not seemed to be able to resolve those issues, and we want to thank you for trying those steps out and reporting back to us what was experienced. We try to provide preliminary troubleshooting steps not only because they will sometimes quickly resolve technical issues with our games, but also because through those steps, we can learn about more complex issues requiring further investigation.

We have brought the issue of some players being unable to visit neighbors to the attention of the right teams, and they are requesting additional assistance to track down what might be occurring. For more information about how to provide assistance for the investigation, I am providing a link to our announcement below:

An Announcement regarding issues visiting neighbors - November 3, 2016

In that thread, we are requesting that players reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a screenshot of your UID in the game. That information can help with a technical investigation like this one, and our Reps have the tools to pass the screenshot along to the right teams.

The UID can be located on the bottom of the game screen, and should look like a long string of numbers and letters. For steps on taking a screenshot to send I encourage checking out the following help article:

Taking a Screenshot

We are also requesting that players not create new threads that discuss this issue and instead report and discuss those issues in this designated thread. This will help the Forum Moderation Team provide additional information to help with the investigation and also help keep our forums more tidy.

Thank you for your time and understanding, and I hope this was able to help clarify what is happening with that particular issue currently and that we need some more information to investigate further. If there are any further questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Nov 3, 16 12:05 PM
I submitted a report. Who else?

jannae
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jannae on Nov 3, 16 12:39 PM
I also am having the same problems I play on Chrome.

Jannae

[Post New]by frankietoni on Nov 3, 16 12:55 PM
I submitted a report too.

saraherc5
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by saraherc5 on Nov 3, 16 2:59 PM
still having BIG Issues re: CAN NOT Visit Neighbors. the wheel just spins & Spins.Yup, submitted report.. This has been goin on ALL Day right up to NOW!

reallyl8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by reallyl8 on Nov 3, 16 3:32 PM
I can't believe that the daily quest is for us to chase away ghosts on our neighbor's map when they still haven't fixed the issue of going to our neighbors! wth?! WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX THAT?

are you guys really just trying to make sure people give up and stop playing this game or what?

sorry... just very frustrated and having a daily quest in which the only way to achieve it is to visit neighbors... not cool... twist the knife much?

ps yes, I have done all the things u asked me to do AND I have submitted a report and attached the dr. fix results.

Edited on 11/03/2016 at 3:34:15 PM PST

Go to: