Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by glahaye on Apr 23, 10 7:21 AM
Maybe I'm just having a de-ta-de moment but I cannot seem to find what I need to shut off the water in the bathroom. Help!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 23, 10 12:31 PM
glahaye wrote:Maybe I'm just having a de-ta-de moment but I cannot seem to find what I need to shut off the water in the bathroom. Help!

Since this is a review thread I am hiding the answer. Highlight the white space to see.

spoiler: hanging from the garage ceiling is a valve. You need to swing the chain on the left to knock it down. You will have to click on the chain several times to get it moving and it is easier if you do it near the top. You will also need a crowbar which was in one of the HOG scenes. Don't remember which one.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Apr 24, 10 5:35 AM
Played this game when it first released and it was EXCELLENT. I even sent a request, to the BF office - in Washington state - asking WHEN the next Mystery Case Files game(s) will be released. However, I was informed that, unfortunately, their office(s), too, aren't told of any of the game releases (darned)!! Nonetheless, I WILL be standing by waiting for it!! :-)

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 5:39:37 AM PST

[Post New]by MissMaude88 on Apr 24, 10 8:28 PM
I am a fan of the MCF franchise, they always make awesome games worth the price. The thing I didn't like about Dire Grove was the videos. They really just irritated me, I don't want to watch videos, I want to play the game. But these videos have to be watched for clues. I hope in they scrap the video portion for future MCF games.

[Post New]by vercorette on Apr 25, 10 8:54 AM
Pas détaché [quote =] Ballybay Grand jeu, cependant, JE martelé le diable sur le lapin et la tête NE SE ... Also, Pas en Mesure de ramasser les jetons. J'utilise Windows 7, 64 bits. Tout Le Reste a Tres Bien fonctionné, et la Valeur de l'argent ... MAIS il aurait Été Bien SI Tout s'est arrangé. Je suis same Allé en arriere et tu vas être plus il NOM Avec Autre Nations Unies d'Utilisateur et Suivi La procédure Pas à Pas Que Je Suis Allé - Résultat same. Pas de copeaux, et le pas de tête de lapin. Bummer]. [/ Quote
bonjour moi also decue Pas Moyen Avec le lapin parcontre les jetons C'Est sel

[Post New]by chillykim on Apr 26, 10 10:20 PM
Hello, fellow gamers. Just spent a few hours combing through the forums looking for threads on harder games and many people are recommending Dire Grove. My question: does this game have those sparklies hints? I really do not like them, as I would rather ask for a hint than be prompted. I would really appreciate the info. Thanks and happy gaming!

[Post New]by JenGif on Apr 27, 10 10:42 AM
So I am brand new to BF games, only a month. I loved this game. I was creepy and hard for me. Ok so im not the sharpest tack in the box. Anyone have a recommendation for another that is similar. I am addicted to these hidden object and mini games.

[Post New]by JenGif on Apr 27, 10 10:49 AM
allibee4d wrote:Hi folks, I'm new here, but I'm loving the opportunity to try your games I was a bit startled though when I tried this game... I must admit, I got spooked by the music and the vaguely Blair Witch Project feel to some of it... I'm not good with horror's, so it did put me off. I'm sure it's way less threatening than that, but I'm chicken, and I'm not afraid to say it! lol Anyway, enjoying it - on the whole! Thank you.
Allibee

Dont worry I was spooked to. By the middle of it though I had grown used to it. Hope you had fun anyways. It seems a lot of the good games are kinda spooky. My kids like to help, but this one i nixed.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 27, 10 3:47 PM
JenGif wrote:So I am brand new to BF games, only a month. I loved this game. I was creepy and hard for me. Ok so im not the sharpest tack in the box. Anyone have a recommendation for another that is similar. I am addicted to these hidden object and mini games.

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. That is a favorite of many. A good one that is not too spooky is Drawn: The Painted Tower.

[Post New]by lauracom47 on Apr 29, 10 7:26 PM
help me, I just left the boat house now what? does anyone out there know about ravenhearst. Im at the cemitery were you can see the light house and the hose were do I go from here does anyone know. thanks for your help

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 30, 10 3:27 AM
I just want you reviewers to know: IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

All the rave reviews got me to buy RTR -- and now this collector's edition of Dire Grove, even though I really didn't much care for RTR. I just have to see what all the hype is about lol.

I ended this month with 3 punch cards filled, mostly from daily deals, plus 2 punches on a 4th card. So I bought this game and Deadtime Stories to fill out that 4th card. (If "he who dies with the most games wins", I think I'm in the running by now lol.) I think Deadtime Stories will be the one I'll like better of these 2 though actually. Although if I'm ever waiting for my a/c to keep up with the summer heat, Dire Grove may well give me my money's worth .

Update: I'm enjoying this more than RTR, maybe partly because of the ingame strategy guide keeping me from chasing my tail too long. I've played thru it twice, and I think the replay value is there. I got all achievements - which was a reason to play it a second time right away. The achievements were reasonable to get - would have been terrible to have one that said "no mis-clicks in hidden object scenes", so thank's BFG for having the sense not to go there .

Am I glad I spent $20 on this game? The answer is yes, but just for 2 reasons: curiousity about all the positive reviews it was getting, and to encourage BFG to make nice games. If I'd have bought the regular version, I'd have gotten stuck and frustrated, so this was a more pleasant route to satisfy my curiousity.

Edited on 05/01/2010 at 10:07:16 PM PST

Puzzlechum
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Puzzlechum on May 4, 10 10:53 AM
Does anyone know when the next game will be out yet? Dire Grove is one of my favourites, in fact along with Return To Ravenhearst there's none better.

[Post New]by blackbeartrail on May 5, 10 3:45 PM
i am stuck inside the house, can't get any further. Im in living room and kitchen. help!

apta
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by apta on May 9, 10 3:29 PM
k_anth wrote:Hi, I've purchased and played the Collector's Edition, but don't seem to have the extras like the 'bonus' easter egg levels and puzzles that reveal secrets to past and future MCF cases ... has anyone else had this issue, or can anyone point out where these extras might be?

Thanks...

apta
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by apta on May 9, 10 3:32 PM
same here ....don't get any extra games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 9, 10 5:15 PM
apta wrote:
k_anth wrote:Hi, I've purchased and played the Collector's Edition, but don't seem to have the extras like the 'bonus' easter egg levels and puzzles that reveal secrets to past and future MCF cases ... has anyone else had this issue, or can anyone point out where these extras might be?

Thanks...

Check out the stickied thread on this first page of this forum titled "Bonus Levels, Etc." Do you all look at any of the threads that are already posted? Just wondering.

ravenhearst..

[Post New]by brentotz on May 10, 10 2:40 AM
can you help me on how to move on in ravenhearst i'm still in the peacock puzzle for two days.. i have no clue but a damp cloth,pick axe, horn, machine belt, typewriter key and a wrench..how can i go to the next level i can't find any clues,...

[Post New]by HoosierHoney on May 11, 10 5:06 AM
I just played this game for the second time straight...Was wondering if anyone else noticed there is no electricity, but yet the microwave seemed to work before the electric is on.
Other than that, I couldn't find the 50th hidden morphing pic...LOVED the ending of the game...fantastic graphics.
I will definitly play this a third time soon. :-)

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 11, 10 5:20 AM
HoosierHoney wrote:I just played this game for the second time straight...Was wondering if anyone else noticed there is no electricity, but yet the microwave seemed to work before the electric is on.
Other than that, I couldn't find the 50th hidden morphing pic...LOVED the ending of the game...fantastic graphics.
I will definitly play this a third time soon. :-)

There is no power to the hotel, which has its own generator. Do you really think that the whole town would get its power from that thing?

[Post New]by jaynewhalen1 on May 11, 10 3:27 PM
loved it loved it loved it need i say more x

Go to: