sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 18, 16 4:38 AM
When I read the topics of Trina's quests, all I kept thinking of was, how many years do I want to spend doing Trina's quest, whether they reset or not at the end of the day. The paltry amount of shards that do drop from the HOS's is definitely not any amount that could be considered usable when you have to get more than 50,000 of them. I think (but am not sure) that the 50,000 was the middle achievement. Even if I did the HOS's 4 times daily I still would not get that many from the drops in my lifetime.

As for the rest of this thread, it seems that we are all wasting our time. In my opinion, this thread is merely a place to keep all of our complaints in one place, but will not affect how the game is going to be played. I am trying to adapt. But there is not much that I can do in this game now without inventory. So I am working some of the side quests. The items that I can get from them are being gifted, sold for coins or disenchanted for shards. As we are not being allowed to keep any amount of inventory, that is the only use I can see for the side quests, which is also the only way to get any inventory. Well at least that is one achievement I might be able to get...the number of items sold.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 18, 16 5:52 AM
Hi Sadie, I don't know about others, but when I reference doing Trina's quests I am speaking from the perspective of someone that is still leveling and can use whatever coins I can get from any source...to include Trina. Her achievements are ridiculously unobtainable...but, at least on PC, turning in one of her quests is 111 coins. At least I am getting something for the shards that drop instead of coins and items.

Linn

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 18, 16 9:49 AM
Oh Linalie, please know that I was not referencing any specific conversation. When I was reading all of them it was just the thought that came into my bb sized brain, that I did not want to live to be 200 years old and still doing Trina quests. I was just thinking of the amount of time it would take to get it all. I can understand wanting to get coins from whatever source you can when it takes so many coins to open a new area.

Believe me, I have been there and done that. And yes in the lower levels when I had no coins, I did some Trina quests just to get her money . It was only after I had reached the top level and waited for months for an update that I gathered enough coins to ignore Trina. Besides, I did not want her taking what few shards I had at the time, but sometimes there was no other choice. Back then, (it seems like years ago) I was able to sell a lot of inventory, or use the inventory to craft items for coins. Since I was able then to disenchant my inventory for shards, I outfitted my room to the nines on my main game. My lower level games can't afford to do that. They only have the 10 shard items and most of them were purchased before the lovely 1/20 updategate.

No offense was meant to anyone who is or is not doing the Trina quests. Right now even my low level games are refusing to let her have any of my hard earned shards. Especially since it is my opinion that there will be another room or two coming soon. But now I have no inventory to disenchant for them. Oh well.

linpat
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by linpat on Mar 18, 16 10:15 AM
I to am very disappointed in what is achieved in the hos. It seems rarely get what is needed for quests. I don't play Trina anymore because she takes too many shards that will probably be needed for another room. I've been doing the daily quests and hope to live long enough to get to 500.

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Mar 19, 16 3:04 PM
I noticed something else with the disaster update of 1/20/2016 or 3/7/2016. With the morphing flowers at least every 200-400 a diamond would show up as a reward. Now I haven't seen one in forever. Stamps aren't falling as much either with the morphing flowers.

So all around the update has been a big negative.

Only my humble opinion.

Crusader warrior

[Post New]by second_childhood on Mar 19, 16 4:33 PM
I play on PC, am at level 44, and started playing in December of 2014. I have some inventory, not a lot, the max number of any item is 8. Since the update, the only way to get an item from an HOS is if you don't already have it.

This means to continue to advance, I am forced to completely deplete my inventory. I am forced to play a few HOS's and wait for them to recharge. I must commit to playing multiple times for shorter periods during each day. If I choose to do HOS's that are not part of a character quest, the game gives less value than before the update.

If I was a new player, with no inventory, I would be in the same boat. Whether I co-ordinate my character quests with Trina and the side quests or not, Think about those new users with just 4 HOS's open and side quests don't appear until level 10.

For those who enjoy playing the game this way, I'm happy for you. I truly miss this game and the interaction with friends and family it provided.

For those of you who see a lot of anger on this board, I think it's frustration. And that emotion, whether it's anger or frustration, is being expressed with much less civility on other comment areas found on the internet.

Please bring back the HOS drop rate.

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 4:34:23 PM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 22, 16 7:29 AM
I have been remiss in thanking the devs for placing an egg on the wheel (PC player) each day... Getting them is a different story... BUT... Having them available to try for, is half the battle... so Thank You, Devs.

icema_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by icema_ on Mar 22, 16 10:56 AM
gohill wrote:I have been remiss in thanking the devs for placing an egg on the wheel (PC player) each day... Getting them is a different story... BUT... Having them available to try for, is half the battle... so Thank You, Devs.

I'm with gohill...For about the last 7-10 days (SWAG method used on the days ....I've had one to two eggs on my wheel and had great luck I might add. One day was 6 Hippo eggs and a squirrel egg. Next day was 4 owl eggs and and odd egg on my feeder game, then I got a few others that I can't quite remember

AS FOR THE DROP ITEMS....Plz, plz, plz....Bring them back.....The shards and the 15 coin are nothing but a joke and an insult to all the players, I just hope you can and will understand where they're all coming from.....

Since I hate to end anything with not so good feelings.............

It's the #1 game in my book and I think you've got a great piece of work , Soooooo, What say?? Let's leave a legacy to be remembered

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Mar 23, 16 6:38 AM
Please return item drops instead of shards or coins. Just completed 22 HOS in castle for 36% shards, 46% coins and 18% items (ice crown, poisonous stinger, star beam and throne base). What a Disappointment!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 23, 16 12:32 PM
Diane8722 wrote:Please return item drops instead of shards or coins. Just completed 22 HOS in castle for 36% shards, 46% coins and 18% items (ice crown, poisonous stinger, star beam and throne base). What a Disappointment!

I am continuing to monitor my percentages, and 18% does seem to be where the HOS drop has been set. But, one new thing I am encountering, is that I have to complete 6 to 7 HOS of receiving only coins or shards until this percentage of HOS items kicks in. So, if you factor the starting HOS drops in, it makes things even more upsetting.

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Mar 24, 16 4:01 PM
Okay, so I held off updating as long as I was able and with the latest iOS update I wasn't given the option to play without doing so...Yikes!! On the drastic lack of HOS items not dropping!! I haven't bothered to calculate overall percentages, but selected just one HOS and tried my luck 10 times. Of those 10 I got coins 8 times and shards the other 2!!!! That is a BIG fat zero on receiving any of the 3 HOS items that would have dropped before the update, which any of those could have been sold for 25 coins. Developers......its been expressed over a thousand times and yet again, this player can't express it strongly enough, JUST BRING BACK THE HOS ITEM DROPS!

Jaximoto

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 24, 16 10:28 PM
jaximoto wrote:Okay, so I held off updating as long as I was able and with the latest iOS update I wasn't given the option to play without doing so...Yikes!! On the drastic lack of HOS items not dropping!! I haven't bothered to calculate overall percentages, but selected just one HOS and tried my luck 10 times. Of those 10 I got coins 8 times and shards the other 2!!!! That is a BIG fat zero on receiving any of the 3 HOS items that would have dropped before the update, which any of those could have been sold for 25 coins. Developers......its been expressed over a thousand times and yet again, this player can't express it strongly enough, JUST BRING BACK THE HOS ITEM DROPS!

Jaximoto

Ditto, ditto, ditto.......I, too, held off......it sure makes it difficult to continue to play with no items falling. I don't want to sell the inventory....I want to be able to use it to go through the Daily Quests. Without inventory built up, many are impossible to even start, let alone finish. And getting 500 of each one!!!!

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Mar 25, 16 1:14 AM
I don't have a lot of coins or a lot of inventory, never did have. But I'm able to do Daily Quests regularly. The items have a 100% drop rate through the Daily Quests, as well as through the blue key quests. If, after I finish a DQ, and the next one is a 10 part quest with only an hour or two left on the clock, I do as many parts as I can to get the pet medallions, coins and items. Trina manages to get satisfied in the process too.

Edit:
And the coins are adding up now too. Oh not in the millions like some people have but anything over 400,000 is huge for me. Never had that many before.

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 1:36:23 AM PST

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Mar 26, 16 9:54 AM
Have to say I was quite disappointed in the recent update. Our concerns about the drop rate were not addressed in any way, shape or form. I'm so bored with the game now that I only drop in occasionally to "spin a little wheel........throw a little dice......gift my friends tonight!" Sung to the tune of Get Down Tonight. Seriously thinking about spending all my coins and diamonds and giving all my inventory (such as it is) away. Then I can delete the game and quit worrying about it.

KingRatso

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 26, 16 12:04 PM
I am really surprised at how unfulfilling it is to go into the rooms .....

I used to try to at least go into all rooms once a day.....now, it is difficult to even get through the Castle.

I have far from maxed out the new rooms.....no incentive to even open them for coin or shards. I have secured only 2 of the 4 new pets.....inventory is more precious now that it cannot be replenished. Not sure if I will do any additional side quests for the remaining 2. Just no interest in that pursuit.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 26, 16 2:19 PM
I don't believe the gifting problem is solved either. From what I am observing, even those who were once generous hesitate to part with a precious HOS item and I don't blame them. The only way I am gifting ANY HOS items, is when I have ZERO, and I then purchase them with coin. Coin has become much less precious than HOS items. (Not to mention, none of us have a never-ending supply of pet food, airship items, or stamps.) Quite the contradiction, IMO, in an HOS based game.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 26, 16 4:34 PM
I have found that the change in HOS drops has affected a lot more than just playing the game, or gifting. I see a major mental change in most of those who do not like the new HOS drops, like Annelliegram and Kingratso above said, many do not want to continue to do rounds, or even complete the updates. Like many others, I am finding it difficult to even bother going through the castle doing the HOS. I just have no interest in doing them for a shard or 15 coins.

I write 2 stories based on the Midnight Castle, and I just can't keep my interest on doing even that. The game that is now boring me to death, has also affected my ability to write my stories. The Girl Who Grew Up in the Midnight Castle had not been written for 5 days and I used to write it everyday. The other one is just as bad. There is no interest in the castle anymore and therefore no reason to write about it.

I think that those of us who are very disappointed in the game now will need to find a new activity that will bring us back up to being happy again.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Mar 26, 16 5:15 PM
I could not agree more with annelliegram! I am sorry for those of you who were wise enough to hold off on the Jan "update" that are now in the same boat as those of us who leapt in blindly.

I am not ever visiting a new HOS unless an item is requested by a character. For an 80% chance of getting 15 coins or shard it is too discouraging. Even worse is dragging out the timer for the new HOS in order to keep the recharge time low, as you know if you want to advance you will be visiting it repeatedly. I used to really enjoy completing the HOS as fast as possible and collecting HOS items. Then I was DECIDING WHEN I wanted to advance. It was my way of AVOIDING some of the frustration of repeated requests for item(s) from the same HOS. It appears those days are gone for good.

I sure hope the spring event will rekindle some enthusiasm. At least long enough to make some coin to get me through the last 5 levels. Cause if the drop rates continue as they are, I will stop altogether. It would be nice to get to level 70 before I quit completely. Maybe that is as unlikely as the return of the item drops.....but I am still hoping...

I apologize to those who are tired of the complaints and are really enjoying the new style of play, but I believe that this thread was created for that purpose. Some players are happy and others are not. I am happy for you if you are one of those who are thoroughly enjoying it even though I am not.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 26, 16 6:26 PM
My iPad game is once again maxed out at level 71......I was able to do so by having a "hoarded" inventory.

My PC game I started for research purposes is at level 36.....It lives from hand to mouth. I shutter to think of how long it will take me to go from 68 - 71 with that game since they have now added the Telescope that uses 3 Polestars!!!!!! And must be used numerous times..... As well as some of the crafted items they added around level 67-68.

The research may be concluded before it is concluded......I may get frustrated and just decide to not do what I promised "he who must not be named" what I would do.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Mar 27, 16 6:32 AM
I sure miss "he who must not be named" The loss of so many game and player supporters since the update is so sad..

Go to: