Ready for the special room

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,010 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by playingthegame on Oct 29, 17 10:07 AM
My magical broom is not happy!

I can tell this as it futilely tries to sweep up the mixture of mud and doggie saliva that is deposited over the Tea Room floor.

As it sweeps, its bristles keep on getting stuck together, so it is doing no good whatsoever.

Suddenly it disappears and on glancing out of the window I espy it down in the moat vigorously cleaning itself.

Unfortunately this action is spraying muddy water all over the Trick or Treat youngsters who are there to trade for the Fall event.

So they scarper leaving behind an ever increasing crowd of MC citizens holding piles of candy and the like which they want to trade.

When they realize who the broom belongs to an enraged posse head for the Tea Room!

Gulp!

Time for me to make a swift exit!

So I slip into the Tea Room Kitchen, open the large storeroom cupboard door and hurl myself inside.

To be poleaxed by someone who is already hiding there!

I realize that this is not time for anything more than a polite introduction so I say to the hidden figure:
“Good afternoon, I’m PTG. Pleased to meet you”

All I get in reply is a “SSSHHHHH” in a loud Southern US twang as I close the door.

I listen carefully outside as they berate the two girls inside the Tea Room until the large dog sits up and growls at them.

They beat a hasty retreat outside while shouting that they are off to get a flame from the Town’s Fiery Furnace and soon that broom will be little more than ashes

I sigh once more!

Just another normal day at the Castle!

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,010 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Oct 29, 17 12:39 PM
Suddenly our now resident large reclining dog begins to whimper.

Outside all my canine pets begin to do the same.

There is a chorus of sorrowful whimpering across the glade from the Castle to the moat as more and more of the citizens’ pets join in.

Then I sense this sound is continuing outside our false bubble and beyond into the real Realm of the MC.

I also notice that there is a strange glow emanating from Trina’s abode, and Trina’s wolves and their pups are keening with the same sounds as the others.

A small red breasted bird perches on the door at the entrance to her room, calling to the world in a tone that only causes me sorrow in my heart.

It dawns on me that it is now two months since the passing over of Apollo both Elvyn and human into a more glorious world. But the sadness and ache remain and will do for ever.

playmegal
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by playmegal on Oct 29, 17 1:43 PM
This is going to be my first Christmas Event this year. Looking forward to it. Got my Christmas room up now. Just got a better Christmas tree and a new and better Chair. I am trying to get more keys to buy something better than that snowman.

Any advice on the best way to prepare for the Christmas Event (CE)?

Grimwald
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Oct 29, 17 2:40 PM
Something hits the floor with a plop.

Four little gremlins stand next to a pickle. They salute and in no time have repaired the door and frame. Without a word, I help them maneuver the door into place. One presents me with a shiny new key and a receipt, which I sign in duplicate. Then all four gremlins salute again and vanish.

Bemused, I stare at the repaired door and run my fingers over the key. I scoop up the abandoned pickle, lock the door behind me, and lope along the tunnel, Cloud City way.

First opportunity, I'm replacing that lock and key. The gremlins don't work for free. I wonder who arranged for this?

Grimwald
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Oct 29, 17 3:15 PM
My phone buzzes as I come through the Jeweler's Workshop. Caller ID identifies playmegal, which I don’t recognize, but I answer anyway. A polite voice on the other end asks for advice on the Winter Event, even though we are barely into Fall.

I clear my throat and try to channel my inner Annelliegram, but probably I sound more like a call-center menu. "Welcome to the Midnight Castle Special Room," I say. "For assistance with the seasonal events, please visit
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/873246.page
For a whacked out trip down the rabbit holes of your own mind, please hold."

At which point, I hang up in a panic. Annelliegram and TiramaSue and the others are much better at this!

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Oct 29, 17 3:42 PM
UGHHH (screams) !! Some one found my hidey space drat , oh it's you PTG . Hope that little smack didn leave a knot on your noggin , hehe . OH , yeah that wasn' all doggie drool and mud there was some Hooty Owl ummm stuff mixed in , too

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
9,074 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 29, 17 7:17 PM
The friendly elves have returned from repairing the door for Grim, and they informed me that she asked repeatedly who was responsible for such a gift....... they are not fluent in "bunny talk" so, they were polite during their repair and offered no reply..... they accepted the signed receipt ..... and beat a quick exit (plus, they were not instructed to divulge the donor, so they did not want to spoil a secret if it was meant to be kept as one)....

Scribble, scribble...... jot, dot, cross t's, store receipt in file box (really a tackle box, but no one will ever know the difference)....... Now the note is ready for Grim..... the contents tell her how the Genie assisted me with creating a Jenifer pickle for her and assuring her that the lock is one-of-a-kind, with only the one key made for it ..... so hopefully, she will not lose that key ..... and suggesting that perhaps she secure the assistance of the blacksmith in having a duplicate made so she can secret it off somewhere. (Or have the lock replaced, if it makes her more comfortable.)

Off you go, my lovely, white pigeon...... please find Ms. Bunny Grim and deliver your message........

playmegal
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by playmegal on Oct 29, 17 7:33 PM
O my....LOL...Grim and Ann...too funny. Glad you got your door fixed.
Thanks for the info on CE.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 30, 17 1:03 AM
As I reach to open the tearoom door, I once again wish I could get Ally and I cleaned up before risking getting ‘caught' by another mirror inhabitant. Oh well. I gotta pass go to collect the ducats.

Stepping over the threshold, which was a huge mistake, I am slipping and sliding trying to remain upright. My squirming piglet is not helping me keep my balance. Just as I spy PTG sitting calm and comfortable across the room, I catch a blur of black, bounding in our direction.

Paralyzed with fear , my body goes rigid. Ally seems to be climbing over my face to get out of the way of oversized jaws sporting sparkly white fangs dripping with frothy saliva. At least I hope it is only saliva and not some form of poison werewolf juice.

The black blur leaps at us...sure that we are not going to like what’s coming next, I catch Ally before he flies away (I almost let him go because I really want to see a pig fly...WAIT what am I thinking??? Pigs flying....totally insane thought). The blur hits us and we all go down in a heap of froth and mud.

Instead of teeth, gnashing and ripping flesh, the black blur turns in to a beautiful black dog with a big slurping tongue. It gives Ally a few slurps and then I receive the same treatment all over my face. OOOOOOhhhhhh! He is a big, beautiful, slobbery dog that is just showing affection! This must be Ridder’s doggie boy....

The dog’s tongue is starting to tickle my cleaned up face and I can’t help but giggle.

He finally lets us get up. Ally attempts to weave his pudgy little self in, out, and around the dog’s legs. If he were a little slinkier, he would look like a loving kitty making friends.

PTG has a look of relief. He must have thought we were goners!

I say hello to PTG after grabbing the still muddy piggy, and move quickly to my closet where I can use the sink to get us both clean.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 30, 17 1:08 AM
Feels good to be safe and clean again....out of the mud and, also, out of the horrid Control room where we were locked. Roo deserves a special thank you for getting us out of there (with no blast damage to our persons).

Mrs. Fletcher has a nice fire going and the dog is curled up in front of it. Ally wiggles to be free, so I let him down. He daintily trots to the dog and plops himself against the German sheppard’s tummy. He wiggles close and falls asleep almost instantly.

I pour tea and take some snacks from the sideboard back to my closet. I may even get a much needed nap.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 30, 17 11:57 AM
I feel rested after sleeping a bit. Looking at the small wall clock, it seems I have slept only an hour. Hmmm....I must have slept well because I feel like I slept hours and hours.

Stretching while I stand, I hear scratching at on the old wooden door. I know it must be Ally. I can hear his snuffles through the opening at the bottom of the door and the floor.

I let him in and take a peek into the main room. It is still empty. Gee...I wonder..... where is everyone? Oh well. I have other things to do.

I put Ally in his snug carrier and put a cover over him. This small closet is drafty. I can’t take him with me on this exploration.

Yes, the main room is still empty except for the still warm teapot and the sleeping dog near the fire. I fix a cup to go and off I stride. The black dog slowly wags his tail without getting up. I don’t want to encourage him to get up so I leave quickly.

I am going to the moat but I want to avoid the trick or treat kids with their cute costumes. I don’t want them to side track me. I need to see if there really is an underwater vehicle in the moat. It could be there but it may not be running or an actual sub. It could be a leftover from amusement park ride from long ago.....? Is that possible?

The air seems to be chilly. The sun is low on the horizon. I did bring a borrowed flashlight from the kitchen. I need to remember to return it when I get back. The closer to the water I get, the cooler it is. I can see the drop off and the water beyond.

A water laps gently at the edge of the bank. There is a small, rocky sand spit and the dirt path leads down to it. I sit to put on the waders I found in the cleaning closet. Not sure who needed these but they are perfect for me. I can go a ways out until the water reaches my arm pits. I wish I had a diving suit and breathing apparatus.... maybe the next time, if I have to search some more.

The sun feels like it is setting quickly. I should have waited until the next day. Too late now! I only want to see how murky the water is. I don’t have any great hope of finding the sub, even if there really is one here.

I left my cape and pouch on the small beach. I aim the light out to its furthermost reach. The surface of the moat has tiny ripples from a gentle breeze. I turn in a circle once. Nothing. The water is a little cloudy, but I do see some sort of creature and plant life. There must be an underwater current since the plants are swaying slightly.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 30, 17 12:00 PM
Pointing the light closer to me, I can see the moat bottom. Rocks, algae, grasses, and some sort of swimming creature. It is not fish! What in the moat is it?

It is rather large but I only saw a little of its YELLOW tailfin. eeeccckkkk....I move backward as fast as possible with this rubberized jumpsuit on. The boots of this outfit are getting sucked into the soft oozy moat-bottom. I am slipping over even small rocks. The YELLOW fish is now swimming directly at me.

Gadzooks...two animal attacks in ONE day! I fear this one will not have a happy ending.

The large fish, gets bigger the closer is swims to me. It is circling. I have seen sharks on camera do the same thing to its prey just before they attack.

Still backing up, I use the flashlight on the fish’s eyes. I can see the open jaw then the pointy-teeth lining top and bottom. And then I notice something strange. The jaw is hinged! Looking at the side fins, I see that they are spinning on the body. When I stop backing up, the ¿mechanical? fish stops also. It is staring at me but the jaws don’t close and the eyes just stare.

I tap the fish head between the eyes. I can feel the hard metal body. I put the flashlight in the mouth of the mechanized beast and the jaws snap shut. Yes!!!

I caught the steely-eyed creature from the not so deep depths of the moat. What is the meaning of this? I decide to pull the thing back to the tearoom and take it apart there, as long as the jaws stay shut!

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Oct 30, 17 2:32 PM
What in the world is happening here in the Special Room?!... ... And where did that question about "Christmas Rooms" come from cause I know for a fact that Christmas has not made an appearance here or anywhere in the MC yet!...(Grim dear, thank you so much for helping Playmegal out here with the Christmas question.) .....But Hootie Owls?...What Hootie Owls?......Muffle..Muffle..sputter..sputter....Sigh....Mrs Fletcher, could you please kindly remove your hand from my mouth... ...Only if you promise to quit complaining and carry on with the story young Lady... ...Promise?...Pinky Promise?... ....Oh... alright I Pinky Promise...Hmmmm...Where was I....Oh, I remember now.... ...The last time I posted...Mrs Fletcher was still by the warming oven with that sweet black Puppy Dog of Riddler's so we will take it from there......Eccck..Ecck..Ecccck?.... ...Oh Egor..Yes indeed the Halloween Decorations you and the Critters put up around the Tea Room look Festive with the just right amount of Scary too... ...Did you remember to mail all of those invites I gave you last week Egor?...You forgot?...Oh dearest me..What to do?...What to do?....----,-----,-----? (Bing's way of speaking)...Putting up the Invitation on the MC Bulletin Board?... .. What a brilliant Idea Bing! ..(Bing's quite Bashful when given praise.)....Please remind me Bing to fix all of our Special Rooms Slightly Insane Friends favorites Fix'uns and drinks....Hummmmm....I wonder if those sweet little Children on the Bridge would like to come too?......Grim dear, could you please put a wee article in the Special Room Newpaper about the Tea Room Halloween Party being Hosted by Bing and I? That way, everyone will be certain to know about it and come.....Costumes optional but it truly wouldn't be Halloween without them...would it?...Hee..Hee..Wonder what PTG will come as.... .....

Edited on 10/31/2017 at 1:52:43 PM PST

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Oct 31, 17 2:42 PM
Anyone out there have a spare ..... hhmmmm .... power lift or tow motor. This mechanical fish (painted YELLOW) is not moving at the speed I am happy with.

At the rate I am going with it, we might arrive in time for Christmas in the tearoom.

If you are in the vicinity of the Castle moat on the opposite side from the trick or treaters, I am stuck between the rock and the hard place.

You can't miss me....welllllll you can't miss the the yellow fish (hehe...a rhyme)!

Edited on 10/31/2017 at 2:45:29 PM PST

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Oct 31, 17 3:03 PM
"Roo,Roo,come quick,one of those palace guards is outside the back door & he has a letter for you .He won't give it to anyone else for fear of loosing his head!!

Oh no! What now,just as the party is in full swing.There's hardly an inch of space with so many of the Castle citizens,dressed in all their beautiful costumes.I've spotted 3 Fairy Godmothers so far & I wonder if any of them could be PTG's Fairy Godmother,in disguise as....well a Fairy Godmother.My money would be on anyone who is carrying cookies .

Mrs Fletcher has surpassed herself with delightful Halloween cakes & sweet candies.Poor Riddler is surrounded by ladies all vying for his attention (or maybe the dogs,not sure which) Many hankies have been thrust in his direction to wipe away his tears of joy at being re-united with his faithful companion

Not for the first I look around in amazement & wonder which lucky star brought me to this land.I spot Angel as she sweeps across the room in her Queen Nefertiti outfit,at least I know that's not one of mine.Elsaemerald seems to be attracting lots of attention in her Floraline costume too.I smile when I see Grim...dressed as what else but an Easter Bunny ha ha ha.DD fits the part of the Fortune Teller outfit.She seems to be reading palms....
>>>>>> Cont>>>>>>>

Grimwald
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Oct 31, 17 3:19 PM
CLOUD CITY TIMES AND TRIBUNE

Classifieds
Wanted for Hire - Operator with motor boat or tug boat to tow a yellow submarine around the moat, immediately if not sooner. Contact xxx5091.

Now Open for Business
Poppet's Pets Veterinary Services
Located in Rocksville and specializing in both common and exotic pets. Has your Wise Toad lost her appetite? Are your bunnies overdue for their yearly shots? Wisp fading? Golden Pony thrown his back out? We treat all pets and animal companions with love and compassion.

!TONIGHT ONLY!
Halloween Masquerade Ball

Featuring Haunted Cocktails *Zombie * Black Cat *
Also Bing's World Famous "Croaked Monsieur" sandwich
Music ~ Dancing ~ Laughter ~
Where else but
Fletcher's Tea Room Under the Moat

Edited on 10/31/2017 at 7:27:08 PM PST

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Oct 31, 17 3:29 PM
Still I mustn't dally,I'd better go & see what's in the letter.I cross my little fingers & hope it's not Cowgirl kicking off again,

I weave my way to the kitchen & open the door.The palace guard thrusts the letter in my hand then folds his arms across his chest.Not exactly a merry chap,I think.I guess he's waiting for me to read the letter,well here goes.
"Dear Roo,
A recent visitor from another land gave me this gift & I can't stand the stuff so it's yours if you want it.Please sign the receipt or the guard will loose his head!
Signed The Sultan of the East"

I look up & the guard bows his head & fans out his arm to reveal 2 crates hidden behind his body.Oh my goodness it's Champagne ,ooo I could kiss the Sultan.Its even chilled,that silly old devil must know about the party.

Mrs Fletcher & Bing do the honours & load trays which we then pass around.I spot PTG,looking very dashing in his Cavalier costume,complete with a hat & feather of ginormous proportions. He offers me his hand as I attempt to stand on the table.This is not easy as the witch outfit (of course,what else would I wear) is quite volumous & I'm not used to high heels .

PTG somehow manages to quieten everyone.I turn & thank Mrs Fletcher for this lavish feast then ask everyone to raise their glasses & I say the toast is:
"To old friends & new friends & absent friends"

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Oct 31, 17 4:41 PM
Here in the East I can hear the distant murmur of merriment coming from afar. I THINK I even hear the delicate ‘pop’ of champagne bubbles.

In need of libations and good company I follow the sound to end up at that famous tea house of the gracious Miss Fletcher. Wow! This is amazing! I LOVE dressing up and Halloween is my favourite time of the year.

Lovely to see so many CC family revelling in each other’s company. And so many costumes! I think there is a scary werewolf over there. Oh and a beautiful wizard by the punch bowl. Good thing I didn’t come empty handed. I’ve brought my specialty — fresh madeleines — perfect for champagne. It looks like the witch is n charge of the champers. I slowly make my way through the crowd to where she stands. My goodness, it is our own AuntieRoo! And she is In the midst of proposing a toast that is both eloquent and heartfelt. Everyone, myself included, chimes in with their hearty assent.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Oct 31, 17 5:21 PM
AHHH !! It's Halloween and there's a party goin on with some musick about " TINY BUBBLES " ( I need to get me some of that ) . No ones lookin , now's my chance to sneak some real musick in.........I has my Bobby Pickett album with me . The DJ puts it on with out lookin and all of a sudden out blares

I was working in the lab late one night

When..............UHH.....OHHH

Edited on 10/31/2017 at 5:22:30 PM PST

Grimwald
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Oct 31, 17 7:10 PM
It was inevitable.

Someone has just enough to drink and slips the DJ their signed Bobby Pickett cd, and next thing you know we are all doing the Monster Mash, that venerable graveyard smash. Then it's a jump to the left for the Time Warp, followed by the zombie steps of Thriller. Perhaps we really did check our bodies and souls at the door.

Reality distortion fields are strange things.

I set my ginger ale down with a thump. RDF!

Go to: