bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Letters from Nowhere technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 27, 10 8:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any Letters from Nowhere technical issues here only

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 27, 10 12:36 PM
so i have installed the demo...took 8 min to load...then would do nothing....uninstalled...installed second time....took 7 min to load...and then just did not do nothing....AND even if it had worked there was 13 minutes used up with the one hour...AM SO FLUSTRATED WITH THE LATEST DOWNLOADS AS ALL HAVE ISSUES...i have updated my computer so i think mine end is not the cause...this has been ongoing from end of august, sept, to now...yes i have followed all the steps of contacting the powers that be!...now i am not even wanting to purchase any games from BFG-period!

[Post New]by rainangel5301 on Oct 27, 10 12:59 PM
Ditto!! Mine never got past the load page, and after 10 minutes I tried to get out but nothing worked. Icouldn't even get task master up or use F4! Froze solid - had to completely shut down at the plug. Geesh! And it looked like a fairly good game, too!

laurimd
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by laurimd on Oct 27, 10 3:19 PM
I had same problem-waited forever to load then very slow going from"page to page" and forever to load next scenes. Got to 1st **** scene and couldn't get through it. Uninstalled and will try again. If not, guess I don't purchase this one! Looked like it could have been a keeper...

[Post New]by postal_nana on Oct 27, 10 4:29 PM
same here. ater 16 minutes waiting for it to load i finally after a very frustrating few more minutes managed to get task manager up and get out of it and yep it used up the trial time... agree there seem to be a lot of problems with games lately.

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Oct 27, 10 5:54 PM
BIg technical issues with this game. Same as the other posts...took FOREVER to load, the customer cursor was terrible and then my computer completely froze. I used to be of the mind these problems were my computer...but soon realized after many, MANY great HOG's with absolutely no technical issues at all it is not the fault of my computer.

BFG I love ya' but wish there was more care when releasing new games to make sure the glitches are ironed out BEFORE they get to us paying members.

maxpatch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maxpatch on Oct 27, 10 10:01 PM
hi i havr got the same trouble,with this game it looks ok,but my screen keeps jumping,,

[Post New]by baglady159 on Oct 28, 10 6:03 AM
I had the same sllooowww issues. Took forever to load - close to ten minutes, then forever to load each page. Cursor moved like through mud. I couldn't even close it out. Had to use control/alt/delete to get off screen. Tried again later in day and same issues. Frustrated and not a buy for me.

[Post New]by Catfish51 on Oct 28, 10 4:22 PM
I, too, have had nothing but problems with this game, as well as the last several I have downloaded. My hour of trial time is over before I can even get into the game..and IF I am fortunate enough to get to the game, my curser is constantly a problem..freezing, jumping, etc.

I am so over this BIg Fish problem. I am seriously considering cancelling my membership. I would much rather have one new game a week with good quality than one new game everyday that is a real loser!

I have also downloaded the newest one (can't remember the name right now) and I don't even know if I want to attempt it. I get too frustrated and then the ole blood pressure goes up. It is so sad that Big Fish is not listening to its members complaints and fixing the problems.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!

Have a great evening!

baboula1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by baboula1 on Oct 29, 10 9:19 AM
I had the same problem with loading as everyone else. It has happened at other sites as well with this game so I came to the conclusion that it is a picky game and not suited for all systems which is a loss for the makers since AWEM has just received a black mark.

[Post New]by raenewf on Oct 29, 10 9:57 AM
Same problems and I have to restart my computer to get rid of effects after I leave the game.

Feb272007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Feb272007 on Oct 30, 10 7:41 AM
Having the same issues as everyone else, only difference I bought the game. Need answers as to what to do or need a refund for my purchase.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 30, 10 10:03 AM
Hey Fishies,

I can see that many of you are experiencing slow loading times. If you've already checked for all updates in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

- then please contact Tech Support with as much information so that they can help further troubleshoot. We really appreciate you posting in the tech thread to let us know about the issues you're experiencing and by writing in, we can collect more information to see if there may be a trend amongst certain systems. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by jsdykstra on Nov 1, 10 11:38 AM
Never had any problems with other games only this one. Downloaded fine, ran it and accidently put a/ in my name... all heck broke loose and could no longer run the game. Uninstalled and reinstalled (like 5 times) and everytime a small box pops up, says exception in the title bar, and Unknown error inside box with an OK botton. When I click ok game manager goes to the screen like I just logged out of the game. I upgraded all my drivers but it didn't help and all my other games in game manager work...Please help!

[Post New]by tabwatson on Nov 7, 10 12:17 PM
My game was fine until I bought. I'll try again

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Jan 8, 11 8:47 PM
i cannot download this game properly no matter how many times i have tried to install and uninstall and reinstall.

[Post New]by evaeva123456 on Jan 17, 11 8:30 PM
GUN, I click the gun, and it just deducts -2000 points. i have 12 minutes left on the demo, but can't get past this.

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Mar 24, 11 5:12 PM
Strange. I was almost done with game. I was playing episode 10 or 11. Then during one of the hidden object screens, I noticed that the sound effects were gone, music was still playing fine. Then the graphics disappeared whenever you clicked on the objects. Then... it crashed. Now I can't play it at all. It just crashes back to the desktop before it finishes loading. I have no idea what could have happened because it had been playing perfectly up until then.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 28, 11 3:01 PM
WILL NOTIFY C/S...BUT WILL 'RANT' RIGHT HERE ...I WAITED OVER SIX MONTHS ...THINKING (wrong thing to do) THAT THIS GAME WOULD BE FIXED...THE DEMO HOUR WAS QUITE BAD...LOTS OF PROBLEMS...POSTED WHEN THIS HAPPENED (2010)...SOOOOO!...PUT ON MY WISH LIST...TIME SEEMED LONG ENOUGH FOR A FIX ... I HAD HOPED...WELL DID A LITTLE 'PURCHASING' .... NO DID NOT GO TO THE GAME FORUM AGAIN...THE GAME HAD THE LITTLE 'GOLD' FLAME BESIDE IT, SO MUST BE O.K. ...DOES THAT NOT MEAN 'ITS POPULAR'! ...NOW I HAVE ANOTHER GAME IN MY 'PURCHASE HISTORY' ... REMINDING ME THAT I 'PURCHASED IN GOOD INTENTION' SOMETHING THAT 'SHOULD' HAVE HAD TIME TO FIX. ..WHAT THE ^%%%$$##@@&&&###! ...SO THERE IT IS!...AM I P.O....A LOT!

ETA: FEEL BETTER...I MEAN WHAT IS ONE LITTLE OLE COMPLAINT OUT OF 400,000+ MEMBERS?

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 3:03:27 PM PST

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Apr 15, 11 2:14 PM
i am currently playing the demo was at the place where u put together the picture when came out of the puzzle mode it said collect 50 stamps to unlock such and such mode and placed a circle around a stamp i clicked on the stamp but nothing happened kept trying but nothing happened i am NOT going to buy a game i cannot complete but idk y the game snagged at this point anyone have an idea? pm me please tyvm ^^

Go to: