bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 28, 10 12:05 AM
Explore a decrepit mental asylum and find your missing boyfriend in Haunted Halls – Green Hills Sanitarium! After hearing about some wrong doings at the asylum, your boyfriend, Tim, takes off to conduct an investigation of his own. As Tim dives deeper and deeper into the mystery, his letters to you abruptly stop coming. Set off to the Haunted Halls and find him in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by rhorho on Oct 28, 10 12:14 AM
Just a suggestion, PUT OUT THE CE of games AT THE BEGINNING of the month instead of the end.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Oct 28, 10 12:21 AM
This game looked cool enough for me to buy it. Will let you know what I think of this creepy looking game later.

HUGS

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Oct 28, 10 12:21 AM
These CEs are becoming a habit with BF. I personally find it very strange that the few games offered lately that I have any interest in are always CEs. What's going on with BF? I've come to the conclusion that if this is how BF is going to play then I'm not going to be able to buy as many games as I once did. I can only afford one CE a month.....maybe two. After that, I can't purchase any games for the rest of the month. This doesn't sound like very good business for BF in my opinion. I'd be curious to know how other members feel about this situation. Looking forward to reading the other posts later today.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 28, 10 12:22 AM
Depending on what we buy, I don't know if it would make much of a difference, and it is only 4 days to the beginning of the month. I am lucky this time I need 3 punches to finish a card. So if I like this then I will not buy anything else until Monday.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 28, 10 12:24 AM
overthehill60 wrote:These CEs are becoming a habit with BF. I personally find it very strange that the few games offered lately that I have any interest in are always CEs. What's going on with BF? I've come to the conclusion that if this is how BF is going to play then I'm not going to be able to buy as many games as I once did. I can only afford one CE a month.....maybe two. After that, I can't purchase any games for the rest of the month. This doesn't sound like very good business for BF in my opinion. I'd be curious to know how other members feel about this situation. Looking forward to reading the other posts later today.

I think we have only been offered 2 CE's this month so far?

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bgarcia on Oct 28, 10 12:31 AM
You all will still get to play this game, just later than those of us who want to spend our $$$$, and get it sooner with the built in guide and bonus play. I love the CE's. So, guys, ya know what they say, "you can't please all the people all the time." All and all, I think BFG does a pretty good job. Just think what life would be like without them. No HOG's for us HOG addicts. Well, not as many anyway.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 28, 10 12:32 AM
Very true, pegleann--only two ("Phantom of the Opera" and "...Void"). I personally don't think that's over the top--IMHO, they're both worth it.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 28, 10 12:44 AM
I just wish they would hurry up and implement the Phase I plan that will let us apply our game club credits towards the CE purchases... then I could enjoy the CEs too!
Please, hurry BFG!!!!

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Oct 28, 10 1:04 AM
This game is awful. I've encountered at least 5 locked doors. Same old. Back and forth finding crap. Not a good CE at the very least.

Ever since that Columbus game came out and didn't work for most of us (wouldn't open, but said it WAS running) most of my games run in only "minimized" window, new and old games. Even the "Game Manager" window is smaller.

Never once has customer support helped me on any problems I've had over the years.

This place is going to pot if u ask me.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Oct 28, 10 1:05 AM
So far the game is really very nicely done. Creepy and nice graphics. Sound decent. Haven't played very long, too tired tonight, but this looks so awesome I can't wait to continue tomorrow. Perfect for Halloween. LOL And I don't ming the CE editions usually. The last two or so have been awesome buys.
Have fun everyone!
HUGS

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 28, 10 1:13 AM
vickie39 wrote:This game is awful. I've encountered at least 5 locked doors. Same old. Back and forth finding crap. Not a good CE at the very least.

Ever since that Columbus game came out and didn't work for most of us (wouldn't open, but said it WAS running) most of my games run in only "minimized" window, new and old games. Even the "Game Manager" window is smaller.

Never once has customer support helped me on any problems I've had over the years.

This place is going to pot if u ask me.

I am really sorry to hear that CS has never helped you. I have had nothing but good reults whenever I have had even the smallest problem. I have been with a few other sites and BFG's CS beats them hands down. I do hope you get things sorted

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 28, 10 1:16 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I just wish they would hurry up and implement the Phase I plan that will let us apply our game club credits towards the CE purchases... then I could enjoy the CEs too!
Please, hurry BFG!!!!

Here, hear!!
I have a heap of credits just waiting to be used...

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Oct 28, 10 1:19 AM
vickie39 wrote: Never once has customer support helped me on any problems I've had over the years>>

Sorry to hear that. BFG Support has helped me each and every time, which has been several. Both with email and live chat.

shastac2

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Oct 28, 10 1:19 AM
Why does this game play sooooo slowly on my computer - I download games that are much bigger and have no probs @ all. Wasting all the demo time because it takes forever to go between screens - have given up after 10 minutes

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Oct 28, 10 1:22 AM
After playing the demo I`m hooked. Did find some objects a bit hard to find but after a few of the hiddem object scenes got used to the way the developers were hiding them. After buying the other TWO CE`s released this month don`t see a problem owning this one either. Have been super enjoying myself playing them. Find the extra chapters in the CE`s well worth the couple of extra dollars. For those of you who don`t feel you can afford the extra money you have the option of waiting for the regular version. And good luck without a strategy guide. Know I sure refer to them quite a bit at first.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Oct 28, 10 1:23 AM
After playing the demo I`m hooked. Did find some objects a bit hard to find but after a few of the hiddem object scenes got used to the way the developers were hiding them. After buying the other TWO CE`s released this month don`t see a problem owning this one either. Have been super enjoying myself playing them. Find the extra chapters in the CE`s well worth the couple of extra dollars. For those of you who don`t feel you can afford the extra money you have the option of waiting for the regular version. And good luck without a strategy guide. Know I sure refer to them quite a bit at first.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Oct 28, 10 1:24 AM
rhorho wrote:Just a suggestion, PUT OUT THE CE of games AT THE BEGINNING of the month instead of the end.

I understand where you are coming from, but for me I can't afford the CE's so I have to wait for the SE to come out. So it would work better for me if the CE's came out around the middle of the month cause then the SE would come around the first when I get my Social Security check.
With such a large membership as BFG's has it would be hard or impossible to please everybody.
JMO

shastac2

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 28, 10 1:28 AM
I love this game. I have been waiting for it to come out. Now I can buy this CE and The Phantom CE, and I have another punch card credit. I am a happy camper. I will have to wait until tomorrow to play it. I am kinda seeing sideways right now. I need some new glasses and pronto.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 28, 10 1:35 AM
Robilyn wrote:I love this game. I have been waiting for it to come out. Now I can buy this CE and The Phantom CE, and I have another punch card credit. I am a happy camper. I will have to wait until tomorrow to play it. I am kinda seeing sideways right now. I need some new glasses and pronto.

I have a spare pair you can borrow. LOL!! I am enjoying this game too

Go to: