bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 28, 10 12:34 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 28, 10 12:46 AM
So far, a spooky lead in to the game. The HOG's are not what I call "junkpile", and the items are just the right difficulty (for me) to find. I tested the hint, and it recharges reasonably quickly. Graphics are nice and crisp. From the 30+ minutes that I played it has to be a buy for me. One point that I do not like is that the SG cannot be viewed until you buy. So there is no knowing how long it is. Have fun all

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Oct 28, 10 1:05 AM
Nice graphics, music appropriate to story, spooky atmosphere...and all the trimmings of a good game so far. Custom cursor can be turned off for those who prefer it off...hint recharges quickly. Not sure if over click penalty. Very much an IHOG with long lists of objects to find. Not sure on mini games though getting thru the front door was a bit different. Guess it qualifies as a mini game. It's a large file game so length should be good. As another fishie has already stated, the guide is not available in the demo. No variable modes to play that I saw.

Addition to my first post: The game has 4 chapters and there are 41 pages of alot of things to do in the guide. Hope this helps with questions regarding length

Edited on 10/28/2010 at 2:31:03 AM PST

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Oct 28, 10 1:42 AM
I guess I am just weird, but I love the spooky, grizzly games. Strange, since I cannot watch a movie like this.( I am terrified of snakes, but that doesn't stop me from playing games with them in it). I loved the demo, but it would be nice to know how long this one is. I need to check my purchases to see if I need the 3 credits or not to finish out the month.
Lots of stuff to collect and I have located the husband, so I am wondering how long it will take me to rescue him?

Happy Gaming everyone,
Joy

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 28, 10 1:47 AM
Good with one little bemol.... Downloading it, will see and will be back

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Oct 28, 10 1:59 AM
hi, would any kind fishy like to say how long the game is? that is those that have bought it ? i would be sooo gratful.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 28, 10 2:57 AM
sanpry wrote:hi, would any kind fishy like to say how long the game is? that is those that have bought it ? i would be sooo gratful.

It has 4 chapters. The first one ends when you get into the building. Which does not take that long. The other chapters seem a little longer. The extra gameplay is like an extra chapter. I have said all of this by looking at the SG. I did not want to look too closely as I try not to use the SG (except in emergency. LOL!) CH1: 2 1/2 pages;ch2: 8 pages; ch3: 7 1/2 pages; ch4: 14 pages; Extra: 7 pages. Hope you can make sense of this. Enjoy.

[Post New]by heatherington on Oct 28, 10 3:20 AM
I'm downloading now and will probably buy the collectors edition since we are getting down to the wire here and I need to fill up my coupon stub.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Oct 28, 10 3:33 AM
Awesome game. It makes a nice change to get a more 'adult' theme. Some may not like the mild gore etc, personally I don't think it is anything compared to the TV news. Well worth the money.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Oct 28, 10 3:33 AM
I love it and it is a buy for me, graphics are great, story line great I love the puzzles I hope it is a very long game. I have come across no issues at the momentmore of these BF please .I needed this game to fill up my punch cards there has not been anything good to buy for a while, I know thw story might be familiar to other games but these type of games are great.

Edited on 10/28/2010 at 3:36:45 AM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 28, 10 3:37 AM
WOO HOO...LOVE these sanitarium themed games, so downloading now, from the looks of the video, this game is right up my alley !!
And Equusjoy, you are by no means weird, I also LOVE these dark themed games, seeing those slimy worm arms, really caught my attention..YIPEEE.
Thanks also for the great reviews, Goofyduck77 and Casualgran, gross and gruesome, tell's me that this game, is just what I am looking for !
It takes a lot to gross me out, or scare me, so hopefully this one will deliver, in the creep factor department, keeping fingers and toe's crossed...lol .
Well its 6:30am and still dark, my trial just finished downloading, so off to play, happy gaming everyone, and have a great day :-)

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Oct 28, 10 3:54 AM
On the fence with this one too...was pretty excited this morning and saw what looked like a great game.
It flows pretty easily and the mini games (so far) are interesting and not hair pulling at all. I'm a little grossed out with surpetine monsters and dripping looking flesh but the story seems good, especially for this time of year. I have found myself stuck and there is no walkthrough or strategy guide to pop me through. Just the screen constantly telling me " nothing here" etc.
Not sure this is a CE buy..a definate buy when it becomes a regular game. If indeed part of the game is only offered under CE, which I think I read above, that would be kinda lousey.
Graphics are good, music is not annoying at all, game play is interesting and I hate getting stuck with no way to get unstuck except to go from screen to screen checking everything. One gets dizzy that way. I agree with above statements that the strategy should be offered up to the end of the demo period. Perhaps the developers are afraid that a few will finish the whole game within the 60 minutes. Most cannot, and getting your customer frustrated is not a good way to sell your game. Ah well. What do I know about corporations.
Chris

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Oct 28, 10 4:07 AM
Anyone care to comment on the snake factor? It appears as though it is a game that might be difficult for me to play because of that. Appreciate a heads-up. Thanks.

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by marloflip on Oct 28, 10 4:13 AM
Just finished demo!! woohoo this is gonna be a hoot. I love this kind of game!
spooky ,creepy, slimy, dark and FUN!!
no click penalty, fast hint reload, not that i needed it because the hog scenes were really clear.
Lots of great suprises around each corner and behind each door!!
a definite buy for me..4/5 stars

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 28, 10 4:13 AM
PuppyDogMom1 wrote:Anyone care to comment on the snake factor? It appears as though it is a game that might be difficult for me to play because of that. Appreciate a heads-up. Thanks.

There is just one area where you go to pick up a snake but it turns out to be something else, not scary. It is a matter of a couple of seconds. Hope this helps. I haven't seen any more and have been playing about 2 hours.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 28, 10 4:46 AM
A no buy for me. Just too gross - tentacles - ugh! And daft lines like 'I smelled the rose because after all I have a life' just after she's seen her husband! So silly. Also, the game was very jerky for me, so I don't think the old computer is up to it.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 28, 10 4:53 AM
I beta-tested this game and thought the test game was pretty cool. So I played the free trial this morning.

The music sounds like it's recycled from PuppetShow - good, but to me, a bit tooo familiar.

The puzzles are really different though and add to the ambiance and so on.

Overall, I'm finding it interesting, and I think this is a game I will wind up buying - I put it with a handful of other HOG's and IHOG's on my short list.

aliesha78
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by aliesha78 on Oct 28, 10 5:50 AM
I have been waiting for ages for this game to come out! I beta tested it so off to play! yippee!!!

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Oct 28, 10 5:55 AM
I'm enjoying this game so far! Only disappointing thing is that it's a CE. I have no problems with CE's, but bills have been kicking my **** the last few months and I simply cannot afford them right now so I wait for the standard edition. So I was a bit disappointed to see another good game as a CE. I have three CE's now that I am waiting on the standard edition for.

I'm ready for some good SE's

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Oct 28, 10 6:02 AM
I love this game!! I like the spooky, eerie, scary feel and sounds in a game. The moving from place to place and back and forth didn't bother. me. It's a definite buy for me. I need 3 credits to fill out a punch card. I can either use 2 punch card credits and hope that one more game I want comes up or buy this game now. I just can't buy anything on Ebay until next week is all!!! LOL Another addiction of mine!! lol

I am slow at games because I like looking around. I don't like using hints unless I am really stuck. However in a demo I will use them to get further along so that I can see what else the game has. When I buy a game, I start the game all over again and I don't skip anything and I don't use hints. I like finding things myself.

The hints fill up pretty fast. They are unlimited. The graphics are great. They aren't going to be real clear in some areas of the game because it needs that eerie, spooky look to it. You lose that look if the graphics are perfectly clear if you know what I mean. The 2 mini games I played weren't bad. Especially the 2nd one.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Go to: