Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Reveiws and Comments

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 28, 10 8:09 AM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay is fast paced and at times can get confusing. Besides serving customers, there is a row at the bottom of the screen that requires one to pay attention to as well. The music was in the background and stayed there; it was neither annoying nor overpowering. There are upgrades for your cafe and workers. This game left me bored. I love the Dash series, but I really didn't like this game. It is a lovely game, but something is missing.

This game is a B.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Reveiws and Comments

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 28, 10 4:07 PM
I have finished this game today, its great. It has 59 levels, two modes (storyline and endless). The game gets harder after a few levels, but I needed only repeat one level. Its great fun and highly recommend from me

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 28, 10 5:46 PM
When I first started playing this game, I thought this will be the same old thing just with a Halloween theme. I was right. However, I had underestimated how much fun it would bring to the game. All the customers come in wearing costumes, even Amelie's crew wears costumes, the food is Halloween themed. The game is fast paced and fun. You must serve your customers, who often want double plates of food at once, and almost always want seconds and thirds. All the while you are managing your workers and their workstations. Along the bottom of the screen, you can make various types of matches that will either give your customers happiness, clean all workstations at once, or give you a money or speed bonus. I wish there were more holiday and special themed games out there. It really was fun to play. You also score bonuses at the end according to how many criteria you meet (for example, if all of your workstations are spotless in the end, how many chains you made, if you took advantages of all types of bonuses available).

Fun game for Halloween - I would give this game 3.5 stars.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Oct 28, 10 10:10 PM
This one is pretty much the same as the other Amelie games. If you are a halloween fan, you will enjoy this version which has the main character and the cafe patrons dressed in costumes. There are also candy apples and theme dishes to be made. One thing I found to be irritating, the same as with the regular versions, is that when you upgrade a food preparer to clean their station clean longer, it actually tend to make them get it dirtier quicker.

Overall a fun game and a great one if you love halloween-themed games. Otherwise, in my opinion, if you already have one of the Amelie games, you can save your money as this one is pretty much the same.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Oct 29, 10 3:30 PM
I enjoyed the demo of this game. I like the Halloween theme. It was easy to learn with the levels getting gradually more difficult. The problem with these games for me is the amount of mouse movement. It's difficult on my arm. If it wasn't for that, I would definitely buy this game for the entertainment factor alone. The graphics are crisp. I can live without the sound

Overall good game for those who have no problem with moving and clicking the mouse constantly.

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 31, 10 11:37 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Although I did have a problem with accidently makign double dishes that customers hadn't ordered!

My only problem with this is that it looks like it has 45 levels. 15 levels in 3 different locations. During the 1 hour trial I managed to get through almost half of those with expert.. So for me this game doesn't have the longevity I need in a game.

Howver I did like it a lot

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Nov 5, 10 12:11 PM
It ended rather abruptly for me!

First location was 15 levels, second was about 20 and the third was 24. I completed every single level, getting every single award on most of them with only one time playing.

it was a good fun game, but could have done with another location I think. There wasn't really much of a storyline and I felt it was just a tad on the repetitive side.

It was quite fun though.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jan 22, 11 5:06 PM
Not bad. I liked the Halloween theme to it. The graphics were good. I played it till the demo ran out. I have played the other ones of this game before, it just did not appeal to me all that well. Maybe if they would have changed a few things, but they did not. Great theme, but just the same game.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Mar 8, 11 1:18 PM
I liked the theme to that game. There is only one tiny problem that I had, the updates to make your worker make food, keep a cleaner area do not happen enough. It doesn't matter if I get all expert levels or not. I finished the game, yet I did not get all the updates.

So, I give this game 4/5 stars. They really need to work on the speed of the updates.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Aug 12, 11 3:46 AM
I just love, love, love most cooking dash type games, but I could never really get into any of the Amelie ones. As many of you here say, the whole cleaning of stations thing leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe also for me it is the fact that the cleaning tool reminds me of a toiletbrush Sorry to say, LOL.

I'm hopeless at this one. It just kind of runs away with me. I got really bored.

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Jan 17, 12 12:04 AM
you're releasing this for mac now?

[Post New]by JaneM00 on Feb 29, 12 2:39 AM
I usually do not play "cooking" games but this was fun. Maybe it is the halloween theme, maybe not. I'll try other Amelie's games to find out

[Post New]by GameMez on Jun 12, 12 1:39 AM
I liked this game, in spite of all problems, I passed all levels, and some of them were quite difficult, escpecially the 13th, nevertheless, I enjoyed it!

zbeewmn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by zbeewmn on Nov 22, 12 12:08 PM
This is my first Amelie game. I have a lot of problems with the clicking--I'll click on something but it doesn't register. This happens way too much, and I don't enjoy the game because of this. The graphics are muddy, too dark, so I can't see many of the second items, especially the red drink. I'm going to see if I can get a refund.

[Post New]by mirella7 on Apr 9, 13 10:50 AM
Cute and fun game. I was getting bored with it after 20-25 levels, but it's still challenging and nice, so I finished it. I like these types of games.

Edited on 04/09/2013 at 10:50:50 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 4, 14 2:00 AM
I'm still trying it out but I am having quite a hard time seeing what the customers want & then being able to identify those products from what I have over in the kitchen.
Add that to the fact that their orders seem to be collapsible or something & I'm kinda lost. (What I mean is, I had a few customers who had 3 or 4 thought bubbles and I guess those indicated what they would want to order. Well you can only see the top one I guess. Also unable to tell what some of the dishes are. So all in all, its the graphics that are difficult here. I don't want to give up & just say the game isn't good because it feels like about 9-10 of the past 15 games I've tried here have gotten poor reviews from me.
So I'm going to go back & give it some more time to grow on me.

Go to: