Mystery Valley

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Valley

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 30, 10 12:05 AM
A rash of murders has struck, and it’s up to you as an FBI agent to find the murderer in Mystery Valley, a dark and spooky Hidden Object game! Explore an eerie mansion and find clues and the motive behind the murders. As you dive deeper in the case, you realize that you’re more connected to the murders than you ever would have imagined.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Mystery Valley

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 30, 10 12:13 AM
Folks! I think we may have a winner. That short video is definitely going to have me check this one out and looks like a buy at that! What hubby doesn't know won't kill him, heh heh! I will just make sure to have a fresh set of shorts ready lol

Sassy

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 12:18:40 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 30, 10 12:21 AM
I can't pick up anything. I can't even get the menu button to work. I am going to try to reinstall and see if that helps. I went back and changed back to custom cursor, and the game worked fine.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 1:24:51 AM PST

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Oct 30, 10 12:28 AM
I had the same problem. I switched to wide screen and so far so good!

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Oct 30, 10 12:30 AM
Well here we are again ERROR MESSAGE ACCESS DENIED. Would have been
a good game too. OH WELL ANOTHER GAME NOT TO BUY

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Oct 30, 10 12:53 AM
Played for about 30 minutes and I think I will be buying this one. Some of the scenes actually made me jump so great for Halloween. I played in expert mode. It still gave some of the sparkles but some things you still have to figure out on your own what to pick up.l The HOG scenes are spread out so not too much trouble finding things. They are pretty easy. Only had a couple of mini games in that time and they were also easy. The story line is good though. You do have to be careful that you do not click too quickly on scenes. I found myself in the next section before i could finish what I was doing. I also clicked to quickly during the next dialogue so did not have an idea of what I had missed. The hint button filled up pretty quickly . I think for the sale it is a good price. Maybe even for 6.99 but I only played for 30 minutes . It does give option for wide screen, full screen. I had to take off wide screen so it would fill up my screen. I would recommend at least to demo it.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Oct 30, 10 1:00 AM
I tried to like this game,I really did. I gave it a fair chance and played the hour.I just found it to be a pain.One thing that got me was,did you notice how all the people she interacts with look like characters from the N64 game Goldeneye?

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 30, 10 1:10 AM
Ok now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Spooky ihog/adventure just in time for Halloween. I played 30 mins and will buy for sure. Heck the splash screen alone made me want to buy! There were a couple spots that made me jump which is always fun and a really nice intro... too bad they didn't keep the narration throughout instead of only the intro but I still like it.

Feels adventury with moving up to a door then finding a key... that sort of thing... I play casual and the hog scenes are lit by sparkles so you know where to click. The items were nicely hidden and I didn't notice any of the trickery that is so awful (green pizza's hidden in green bushes for example ) so it's nice to see devs taking the time to make the hog scenes mesh with the game. Some of the objects are on the small size but it's because they are the size in keeping with the room. But they weren't that hard to find and there is always a hint if you get stuck.

The puzzles/mini-games are fun and varied and there are lots of them sprinkled in along the way. I didn't want to stop playing! But I need to be a good mommy and get some sleep for Halloween tomorrow... just wanted to stop in here and give a quick review in case anyone's looking. ETA: Forgot to mention... the music isn't bad and it doesn't constantly loop so it's not annoying. And no glitches at all with my rig so maybe check with CS if you're having problems. The game's worth it.

Try it you'll like it! Hey Mikey!

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 1:12:25 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 30, 10 1:15 AM
Poutoule wrote:Will follow Sassylassie, downloading it. (had my share of glitches, access violation, etc, lately though !)

Thank you Poutoule. I bought the game. I love the spooky ones. And I am with Govols on this as far some of the scenes made me jump too. I also chuckled how BF made little Felix into a vampire. Thought that was cute. And since my last name is a Halloweenie last name it fits the billet.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 30, 10 1:23 AM
Oh, what a scary lovely game . The storyline is really superb (don`t skip the intro, its tells the important beginning of the storyline!) , gameplay is also good, graphic is average. I will buy it this week because I love the game and - we have a sale!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 30, 10 1:25 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:Oh, what a scary lovely game . The storyline is really superb (don`t skip the intro, its tells the important beginning of the storyline!) , gameplay is also good, graphic is average. I will buy it this week because I love the game and - we have a sale!

But why did they not tuck the guys arm under the cover? LOL . So far I am liking it too

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 30, 10 1:32 AM
i am really enjoying this game, nice puzzles, lotts of interaction....scarey scenes...dont skip the scenes...lots of eerie stuff....but...i got to day 4 in demo....only 7 days alltogether i think..on the plus side looking at walkthru looks like still a lot left even tho i am on day 4 allready..so i got some coupons and will get

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ykempy on Oct 30, 10 1:50 AM
Another game where I get mode not supported, any one else?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 30, 10 1:52 AM
Bought it too Sassylassie !!!!!!!!! Yesterday I finished Haunted Halls - Green Hills Sanatorium and I'm already diving in another creepy one ! Checked the blog walkthrough, it says 5 chapters (+ introduction and conclusion), so I just hope the chapters are long enough. Music is as you might expect from such a game, a bit over melodramatic, as usual, turned it off. Graphics are good, apart for some of the characters (this huge guy with a tiny head...may be no brains, the hands of the housekeeper...). I didn't find objects THAT hard to find, in fact it's pretty easy if you take your time and look thoroughly. Hint refills quickly, no random clicking ? I didn't try that. So far story line seems good. Played 20 minutes and I'm a slow player, mini games are fairly easy. There's plenty of them. I did jump once or twice, Christ !, the doll's head. In my opinion it's a good game, worth to buy or spend a credit on. Sassylassie (again !) love your name, here in France Halloween is not half as important as in the U.S, they're trying very hard to implant it but it's more a commercial affair than a real custom.
Hi Goofy, am I long enough ? I'm improving but can still progress.....

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Oct 30, 10 1:54 AM
I'm not sure I'll buy this one; it has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the developers did not refine things very well. The English needs quite a bit of work; it is stilted and some object descriptions are a bit "off" ("Recipient" for a basin, "Lollipop" for a candy cane, etc.). I really wish developers could grasp the concept that whatever your native language is, when you market a game to people who speak another language, it is simple respect to get a good translation for dialogue, instructions, object names; and any other verbal parts. (Our money translates very nicely to your bank account.) The playing time will be quite short; I believe. At the end of the demo, I had finished "Day 3"; which appears to be about half-way through the game.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 1:58:56 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 30, 10 2:00 AM
thistle809 wrote:I'm not sure I'll buy this one; it has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the developers did not refine things very well. The English needs quite a bit of work; it is stilted and some object descriptions are a bit "off" ("Recipient" for a basin, "Lollipop" for a candy cane, etc.). I really wish developers could grasp the concept that whatever your native language is, when you market a game to people who speak another language, it is simple respect to get a good translation for dialogue, instructions, object names; and any other verbal parts. The playing time will be quite short; I believe. At the end of the demo, I had finished "Day 3"; which appears to be about half-way through the game.

Yes. Quite a change for them not to utilise the American version of words. Valise, lollipop, but recipient I am not sure about. LOL!
ETA. Could be wrong, but they appear to be using some "older English Language" words?

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 2:03:02 AM PST

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Oct 30, 10 2:03 AM

I like your reviews--ok fishies five random clicks & your pointer spins smaller & bigger for 5 seconds----had to try it
interesting game, but also clicked to fast & missed something...played full demo & went "what that was an hour?" so this is a good sign...not sure of length, was into chapter 3? 2? was too wrapped up to remember..beware of hangers & hidden spoons LOL

I would say possible 3.5/5

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 30, 10 2:17 AM
peglegann wrote:
thistle809 wrote:I'm not sure I'll buy this one; it has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the developers did not refine things very well. The English needs quite a bit of work; it is stilted and some object descriptions are a bit "off" ("Recipient" for a basin, "Lollipop" for a candy cane, etc.). I really wish developers could grasp the concept that whatever your native language is, when you market a game to people who speak another language, it is simple respect to get a good translation for dialogue, instructions, object names; and any other verbal parts. The playing time will be quite short; I believe. At the end of the demo, I had finished "Day 3"; which appears to be about half-way through the game.

Yes. Quite a change for them not to utilise the American version of words. Valise, lollipop, but recipient I am not sure about. LOL!
ETA. Could be wrong, but they appear to be using some "older English Language" words?
In french "recipient" is what can contains water or whatever you please to fill it with. That one of the words that english language took from France (remember ? we fought together for over a 100 years), so in old english it means "basin".

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 30, 10 2:32 AM

In french "recipient" is what can contains water or whatever you please to fill it with. That one of the words that english language took from France (remember ? we fought together for over a 100 years), so in old english it means "basin".

Thank you so much Poutoule for that. I KNEW there was an answer, just could not bring it to the front of my mind. How clever of you. We took many words from the beautiful French Language. Happy gaming.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 30, 10 3:01 AM
That's probably why English is hardest language to learn - we "borrowed" from every other language on earth, and even those of us who are "native" speakers have different terms for the same item if we are from the U.S., Canada, Great Britian, or Australia. Heck, even within the U.S. the different regions use different terms - as a Midwesterner, I get strange looks whenever I travel and ask for a "pop." which is a "soda" in most other areas, a "soda pop" in others, and a "coke" (even if it is a root beer!) in some places!

I am really enjoying this string of decent games for several reasons. The sale, which I hoped to see for Halloween, means I get a great discount, and I just got out of the hospital late yesterday (if they want to do a true horror story, have one based on kidney stones....) so I had enough new games to purchase to fill an extra card! I already had a couple of games that I was "saving" for a possible sale because I filled a card with the Phantom CE and I didn't want to start a new one until I knew I could fill it by the end of the month. A few hours ago I downloaded the ones I had missed while in the hospital and purchased those along with my saved games and had enough for another whole card!

Now this one came out, there is the CE of Haunted Halls, and the DD is actually one I haven't purchased yet (only the second time that's happened since the DDs started!) so I'm hoping the game tomorrow is also decent and I'll fill another card! If not, I'll wait to purchase the Haunted Halls next month so I don't "waste" three punches.

Go to: