Indigo22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

STUCK at the Pillars covered in Vines, scissors won't cut vines

[Post New]by Indigo22 on Oct 30, 10 12:57 AM
Can anyone advise on how to get past this bit, the scissors won't cut the vines down from the pillars.
THANK YOU

Re:STUCK at the Pillars covered in Vines, scissors won't cut vines

[Post New]by speddoc on Nov 2, 10 4:21 PM
Sorry, I'm no help...I'm stuck in the same place.

[Post New]by itsme4251 on Nov 3, 10 12:39 PM
I'm stuck too

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 3, 10 2:23 PM
Welcome to the pond Fishies!

I've found a couple posts in the Broken scissors thread that may help:

rolldedice wrote:
It won't let me cut the vines either-HELP!!!!! Well I had to get up to the door first(where the sand was covering) then go back to the vines to cut and beware check the ORDER you light the oil lamps or u will have to start all over!!!!!

stx445 wrote:
You have to go back to the area where the sand needs to be blown away. When you blow away the sand and get to the door, of course you will need 2 round keys and by now you should have one of them. The second one is hidden somewhere around the pillars, (I haven't been successful at getting the second one yet)

Anyway, when you come back from that building looking for the second key, go foward again to the pillars, you should now be able to use the scissors.

Also, a great way to search for a specific answer without having to go through a lot of threads is to use the Advanced Forum Search option under Search All Forums on the right hand side near the top of the page. Here you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like "scissors" and all the posts that have the word "scissors" in them will pop up!

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

megandog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by megandog on Nov 4, 10 2:44 AM
when you get back to the pillars after removing all the sand the scisors should cut the vines and the colours on top od the pillars will light up follow the sequence of lights and then when that is done a small pillar will rise up and the ring is on the top of this,place both rings in the door after you have put out the fires and all is ok

samfrey
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by samfrey on Nov 5, 10 7:18 PM
to fix the scissers you need to go back to the anvil near the potion hut and fix with the hammer.

it does take a few cuts to clear them.

[Post New]by surfingangel on Nov 7, 10 12:04 PM
I already cuts the vines but I dont now how to get the second key. If somebody past this part pleace help me....

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 7, 10 3:12 PM
Welcome to the pond surfingangel!

You'll end up assembling the second key out of a number of different key pieces that you'll gather from Hidden Object scenes and puzzles.

For more information, I’d definitely recommend checking out the complete walkthrough for Mysteries of Magic Island. It provides step-by-step guidance and some really helpful pictures as well!

It can be found on the top of the Mysteries of Magic Island Forum page, or by clicking here.

To navigate through it quickly, use your computer’s search function (CTRL + F) and then type in “key,” or another relevant word.

Hope this helps and have fun!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by jessylynn1 on Mar 21, 12 9:56 AM
this game was fairly fun. too many problems. then i get stuck at pillars scissors won't cut vines. this sucks. i want my money back

Go to: