bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Mystery Valley technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 30, 10 9:02 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 4:54:48 PM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Valley technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Oct 30, 10 9:49 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with the game freezing when you in the nursing home after you have put out the fire. I was trying to connect the wires when the game just froze up on me. Going to try and start the game again and hope that it doesn't happen again. I dont want to have to start another game over from the beginning.

[Post New]by yllom5 on Oct 30, 10 10:52 AM
Can not get anything to work. Can't even get past the first hidden object scene. It freezes up or something. Then it wouldn't let me into the menu to log off.

[Post New]by Dee9876 on Oct 30, 10 11:02 AM
The code the miner gives me for the lock 1234 does not work

MrsWhatsit
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by MrsWhatsit on Oct 30, 10 11:31 AM
I can't even pick up the front-door key. :\

sondown
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sondown on Oct 30, 10 11:38 AM
I finally got the front door key, but in the 1st hidden scene, I cannot pick up the screwdriver, hand, earrings, etc. Also could not use Menu to to end game. Think I'll wait to see if BigFIsh can fix problem - not my PC or Laptop. All other games work fine.

Zmee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Zmee on Oct 30, 10 11:40 AM
My game freezes at the safe, right in the beginning. Help!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Oct 30, 10 12:07 PM
I never have problems with games even when a LOT of people do, but here I am with the same problem as everyone else. I had to click about 5 times just to pick up the key and then went inside and started playing the first **** scene only to find I couldn't pick up most of the objects. So, I decided to quit the game and start again only to find that I couldn't get the 'menu' button to work and had to use the task manager to end the game. What a rip off! I bought this game w/o trying it first because there were NO technical issues this morning and the reviews for the game were great. I am never gonna learn my lesson I guess. ALWAYS try the game first, grrrrr.

UPDATE: After I posted this I did a clean uninstall/reinstall and still had the same results. I checked and the computer requirements were far less than what my computer is able to 'handle', so this HAS to be a developer problem of some kind.

FIGURED IT OUT: Okay, I have a widescreen monitor, so I unchecked the widescreen and checked the custom cursor and the game works fine. I hope this helps others of you who have had the same problem. It seems as if you have a widescreen monitor you have to uncheck it and if you have a regular monitor you have to check it. Go figure.

OMG, OMG, OMG: Thought I had it all figured out and then it messed up again! I want my money back! GEE! I got to the part where you talk to the cleaning lady and had to replace items in a display case for that to happen. Well, I got all the items, the last being a pair of pliers and then I couldn't leave the scene! WHY OH WHY DOES BF PUT OUT GAMES LIKE THIS?! THEY SHOULD LET SOMEONE TEST THEM BEFORE THEY DO! WHAT A RIP OFF! Now I have nothing scary to play - unless I play old games, bah!

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 4:05:09 PM PST

[Post New]by yoduladyhoo on Oct 30, 10 12:59 PM
First time that I've had a problem with a BF game. Cannot pick up the key at the very start of the game. Everything locked up and was forced to use Task Manager to get out.

[Post New]by crazyclaylady on Oct 30, 10 1:27 PM
Hi, I started this game the same as the rest of you. I don't care for the large cursor's they put in some of the games, so I clicked to have the normal one. Then going into the start of the game I could not even pick up the key at the front door. I came here to the forums to see if anyone else had that problem and yes they did. Couldn't pick up the key or even click on the menu button. I read more in the forums and noticed one person said that she clicked to get back the large cursor that came with the game and had no problems with the game after that. So I went back and did what she did and I can now play the game without any problems. I feel the makers of this game should check into that and not force us to use something we don't want just to make the game work.

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Oct 30, 10 2:08 PM
Add me to the list. Can't pick up the key at the start of the game. Or get to the menu or anything at all.

Great graphics and vampire Felix is totally ftw but that's all ultimately meaningless if I can't play the game!

ETA: I figured out that by clicking slightly to the right of the object, I could pick it up. Going into the menu (by again clicking to the right of the button) I set the game to widescreen (ironically by UNchecking the "widescreen" box) and bingo. No more problems.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 2:13:18 PM PST

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Oct 30, 10 2:59 PM
I have a simular, yet different key problem. (guess they are hoarding the keys) I played a little of the demo and liked it. Read the positive reviews and purchased game. I started a new game so I could take my time, but the key is missing from the cupboard. Tried a couple times to restart with same missing key problem. Journel tells me to look there, but it is missing.

oops! lol. They moved it to the drawer instead of the cupboard. Clever!

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 3:01:04 PM PST

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Oct 30, 10 3:36 PM
The miners code 1234 does not work.

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Oct 30, 10 5:26 PM
Same problem, not being able to p/u key and game freezing. Could not close game and had to shut down computer. No buy for me or even playing demo...

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Oct 30, 10 5:28 PM
Same problem, not being able to p/u key and game freezing. Could not close game and had to shut down computer. No buy for me or even playing demo...

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Oct 30, 10 6:20 PM
I have Windows 7. Like many others, I could not pick up the key, move along at all, or get any response when I tried to go to the menu although the curser was responding to my mouse commands. I used CAD to end the game and then reset to use the custom curser (which I hate) but now the game is working. The problem seems to be when you choose to use the windows curser instead of the custom curser.

ncbeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ncbeck on Oct 30, 10 6:53 PM
I got to Day 5, Too Late (the one with the fire). You have to pick up all of the fuses & wires.

Game shows I picked up 4 of the fuses, but when I checked BFG's walkthru, I checked where I picked the fuses up, and I had 5, just like the game said I should have. I figured, oh the heck with it, so I zoomed into the fuse box and clicked on the Skip button.

Nothing happened. And, I noticed that my Inventory was empty. Freeze problem? Glitch?

I think I'm going to reinstall and see what happens.

Worse - now the 5th fuse doesn't even show up. BFG people - what's up with this? Updates?

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 8:11:14 PM PST

ncbeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ncbeck on Oct 30, 10 7:09 PM
Kayen59 wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the game freezing when you in the nursing home after you have put out the fire. I was trying to connect the wires when the game just froze up on me. Going to try and start the game again and hope that it doesn't happen again. I dont want to have to start another game over from the beginning.

I had something similar happen to me (see my post for all the details). I didn't even get to actually connecting the wires, as the game refused to acknowledge I had collected all of the fuses. Now I can't even skip this mini game because the inventory is empty (at least I figure that's why it won't allow me to skip, but what do I know?).

I'm reinstalling, too, and crossing my fingers.

ARRGH!!! Tried it again as a new player, and it's worse! Now the 5th fuse doesn't even show up! I'm uninstalling until I see some kind of update or whatever. Sheesh! Almost worthless even at 4.99.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 8:10:15 PM PST

gemmabloom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gemmabloom on Oct 30, 10 7:19 PM
Many thanks to those who figured out the cursor problem. I don't like custom cursors and turn them off when possible, so I never would have figured out how to get this game to work!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 30, 10 7:36 PM
Well I thought it was just me. I couldn't pick up the key either. I try this game on both my laptop and desk top and had the same problem. And I so wanted to be able to buy this game with the SPOOKY coupon

Go to: