tknee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Help - Ep 4 Level 9 .....

[Post New]by tknee on Oct 31, 10 1:17 AM
Got through expert on all the levels except this last one, tried all sorts of tactics but JUST miss! help with strategy please!! before I go nuts!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:Help - Ep 4 Level 9 .....

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 31, 10 8:50 AM
The main thing on this level is to get your quarry and goldmine built and fully upgraded as quickly as possible. This is hard to do, because you don't have a lot of timber, so I focus on getting the extra man, then getting my sawmill built, then do the balloon and boat house (clearing trees and collecting berries as possible). Once I have the gold mine built, then I collect the bag power-up and use one guy to collect trees and the other to mine the gold around the gold mine. Then I build the quarry, then the farm. When I get enough gold and food, I start clearing the rocks. This is tedious and you don't get a lot of wood, so you have to harvest the trees by the quarry to get enough to upgrade the farm, sawmill, goldmine and quarry. I don't mine any white stones until I need them, or till the end of the level. Once I have everything upgraded to "gives 7", then I focus on getting the rocks cleared, getting an extra man, and building and upgrading the storehouse. I don't get the crystals till the end.
Your limiting factor will be food to clear the rocks until you get to the fishing hut. Once you get there, you will be OK for food, so upgrade the quarry and goldmine to "gives 9" and continue clearing and building the road. When you get the road finished, collect the crystals and mine all the white stones so you have enough to build the fort (use the stopwatch when you don't have enough food or gold to continue).
Hope this helps.

tknee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by tknee on Oct 31, 10 2:58 PM
thanks so much for that - I've tried lots of different ways, but that sounds as if it will work - except I don't get a stop watch - only a hammer and fast boots???

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 31, 10 3:06 PM
tknee wrote:thanks so much for that - I've tried lots of different ways, but that sounds as if it will work - except I don't get a stop watch - only a hammer and fast boots???

The stop watch doesn't show up every time on this level. I've never been able to get Expert except when it does.

It will show up down near the bottom center of the screen, close to the Fish Hut, about halfway through the level, but only if you cleared the path to it.

I don't know exactly what the trigger is, or if it's just random, but when it's there it makes a big difference.

Robin

tknee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by tknee on Oct 31, 10 6:36 PM
finally got the stopwatch after the expert time had expired, I usually hit restart at this stage, but I went through to the end and it appeared (too late!) - anyway, not at all sure what the trigger is but there must be one, and yes I think its a must have to get through this level - thanks for all comments

tknee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by tknee on Oct 31, 10 11:15 PM
just NOT getting it...............might go insane shortly.......

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 1, 10 12:21 AM
Detailed walkthrough:
There are many possible solutions. This one works consistently for me, and I'm not a fast clicker.
1. Upgrade the Cottage so you have 2 workers.
2. Build the Sawmill and clear the fallen tree blocking the road.
3. While 1 worker is building the Sawmill, pick the berries.
4. Upgrade the Sawmill.
5. Wait until both workers are back. Pick up the Sack.
6. Chop down all the trees that are available and the fallen log blocking the way to the Farm. The idea of this step is to get a lot of wood quickly so we can then get the Quarry and the Gold Mine both started quickly.
7. Collect berries and wood whenever available. Do NOT build the Farm or upgrade the cottage yet.
8. Build the Boathouse and the Balloon Tower.
9. Build the Quarry and the Gold Mine.
10. Upgrade the Sawmilll.
11. If you need things for the workers to do, cut down the trees by the Quarry and collect the gold near the gold mine.
12. Upgrade the Quarry and the Gold Mine. Pick up coins and cut stone whenever available.
13. Upgrade the Sawmill to max.
14. Collect the white rock from near the Quarry. Also cut down all the trees on that island.
15. Upgrade the Gold mine to max.
16. Upgrade the Quarry to max.
18. Upgrade the cottage so you have 3 workers. This makes all your workers work faster.
19. Build the Farm and collect the first food from it. Continue collecting cut stone and coins. Start clearing the boulders on the road.
20. It's OK if you sometimes have the 3rd worker idle at this point, remember just having him makes the other 2 work faster. He'll be busy soon.
21. Once you've collected the first food from it,upgrade the Farm. Collect all the white stone from the island by the Quarry if you haven't already.
22. Collect food from the Farm again, then upgrade it again. Keep working on the boulders.
23. Use the hammer as long as you have enough food to be working on boulders.
24. It is now very important that you build the Storehouse and upgrade it to max as quickly as possible, before you upgrade the Cottage for the 4th worker. It’s also OK to go ahead and upgrade the Storehouse before you upgrade the Farm for the 2nd time.
25. Repair any buildings that need repair as soon as possible.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 1, 10 12:22 AM
26. Chop the fallen tree just past the storehouse and keep working on boulders.
27. Once the Storehouse is at max, build the cottage so you have 4 workers.
28. Once you have 4 workers, get started building the road.
29. Next step is to build the Fish Hut. You can send workers ahead to do this.
30. Cut the tree by the Fish Hut.
31. Pick up the Stop Watch by the Fish Hut as soon as it's available to you.
32. Skip the Boulder that goes up to the Crystal by the Fish Hut, but otherwise keep clearing Boulders towards the Fort and the Exit and keep building the road.
33. Use the boots anytime now, you're doing a lot of running back and forth. Just wait until you have 4 workers.
34. Upgrade the Fish Hut. At this point all the buildings are at max, so you can stop picking up wood, as you only need it to repair buildings.
35. Start collecting the white stone near the Fish Hut. Continue working on boulders, the road, and picking up cut stone, coins, and food as it becomes available.
36. Once the two Boulders by the Fort and the Exit are clear, just keep building the Road and picking up resources. Do not clear the boulder by the fish hut crystal yet. Do not pick up crystals yet. Pick up cut stone and gold coins as soon as they're available. Don't forget to pick the berries by the cottage.
37. "Leapfrog" workers on the road by clicking on the next road dot as soon as it turns green. It's OK if you have some workers sitting at the cottage at this point, our goal is to get the Fort started as soon as possible.
38. The instant you can start the Fort, do so. The timer should be between the 3 and the "c".
39. As soon as the Fort is started, clear the boulder to the crystal by the fish hut, then start clearing all the crystals beginning with the one just past the boulder you just cleared. Keep picking up gold coins, cut stone, and food. Keep building the road.
40. If the Stop Watch appeared in 31, you should make gold with about 15 seconds left.

Good luck!

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 21, 10 7:17 AM
bump

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 13, 11 6:57 PM
I think Roads of Rome is much harder than Roads of Rome 2 and I could do without the match the jewels

Go to: