bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Post any Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 1, 10 11:30 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin technical issues here only

[Post New]by sartasia on Dec 3, 10 10:24 AM
Not sure why but my Norton and Ad-Aware both identify this game file as a virus. Must be a false positive.

[Post New]by caroline30041 on Aug 19, 11 3:30 PM
hi there,

I can't find a link to download the game. on my screen, it only shows the "watch the video" option.

Why is that?

Thanks,

Caroline.

boochie54
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by boochie54 on Aug 20, 11 11:04 AM
Hi caroline, I just found the same thing! Live Chat is closed but I am just sending off email to CS, but don't know how long it will take as they're probably buried under GM issues...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 20, 11 11:06 AM
This is true for Frogwares games in general. They have all been discontinued. I don't know why yet.

Dracula: Origin was a LFA produced by Frogwares. That's no longer for sale. The sequel is an IHOG produced by a subsidiary called Lilypad. That is still for sale.

In short - Frogwares LFAs are no longer available.

Edited on 08/20/2011 at 11:13:36 AM PST

boochie54
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by boochie54 on Aug 20, 11 12:57 PM
Oh no! So they're not available anywhere? Shoot, I was really looking forward to this.
I probably should have done some searching in the forums first....but thank you Mr_Russ for letting us know!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 20, 11 1:01 PM
I did mean "no longer available for download from BFG", but if things follow the same pattern as for Microids / Anuman Interactive, "no longer available for download (anywhere)" is probably true.

ETA The really old games are still available from BFG, but the newer ones aren't.

Edited on 08/20/2011 at 1:24:57 PM PST

[Post New]by davegriff on Sep 8, 11 3:54 PM
What a pity. I actually downloaded the game direct from BFG linked through another site just a couple of days ago and now when I try to buy it BFG just reports that the game is unavailable. Shame - I got the whole game and have now used up my 1 hour trial!

It is still available on the Frogware site (but more expensive)

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Oct 4, 12 7:00 PM
This game looks great, but I can't play it. After the gorgeous, promising options screen, it goes to a hand-drawn street scene and freezes. This happened once before with a Sherlock game that had Invidia. Three tries, same result.

souldiva72
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by souldiva72 on Aug 24, 13 1:08 AM
I'm having some serious technical issues with this game now. I played it without issues until going to the London Museum. I saved it and then exited out of the game. When I tried playing again, the screen was magnified so large, I could only see part of the game screen and it was blinking, like a strobe light going berserk. Hard to explain; but I cannot play the game. I am so disappointed. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. I checked to upgrade my drivers. I checked to make sure I had the updated version of the game. All to no avail. Has anyone else come across this weird anomaly. Can I get some assistance from tech support? Thank you.

Go to: