karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

The Diving Bell seems to be closed.

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 1, 10 3:45 PM
I'm just finishing off all the bottled beer but I still need an answer. Is Rhiannon worth buying? It was made by a company that is local to me (I had to laugh at the adverts in the newspaper).

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:The Diving Bell seems to be closed.

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 1, 10 3:47 PM
They started their own forum so they could freely discuss the games without big fish's restrictions.

Rhiannon is usually favored by adventure gamers as one of the best so I'd say you're safe to buy if you like those games. Does that help?

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 1, 10 3:48 PM
It could just be routine maintenance...

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 1, 10 3:50 PM
textrekkie wrote:It could just be routine maintenance...

Oh the other forum is closed? I thought she meant the thread here.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 1, 10 4:00 PM
Thanks Gamer! I will buy it now. I'm just hoping that I can get a LOT of help on the forums......

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 1, 10 4:02 PM
The Pub is alive and well~ We rarely post in the Diving Bell thread here now that we have a whole forum to play with

I'm very sorry we missed your post~ GG is right, that many adventure gamers adore Rhiannon. While I do like adventure games, Rhiannon frustrated me, personally. I definitely suggest doing the demo before buying, for I believe it's a love-it or hate-it type of game.

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Nov 1, 10 4:06 PM
I just loved the game....this is a one on one game....spooky.....once you get use to the lay out of the house..you should be fine...but a hard game at times...there is a guide,which I needed a few times...there is alot of running around....this is the best Large file game I have ever played....good Luck if you decide to buy it.....

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Nov 1, 10 4:14 PM
Rhiannon drove me around the bend on the demo so I never bought it. And it's not because of the Welsh accent, it started to drive me nuts once I had to find the key under the plant pot
I really did not like after that. Plus the voice of the woman....it's so over Welsh, it'll haunt you for days on trott once you heard it

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 1, 10 4:16 PM
Very spooky, like goosebump scary. One of my favorite games!

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Nov 1, 10 4:23 PM
i loved rhiannon one of my faves as well... it has a very creepy atmosphere! i had to use the walkthru many times tho... good luck!

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 1, 10 4:28 PM
I HAVE to buy this game now. It supports local people. I have done the demo but there are places that you cannot visit without buying the full version . I would have liked to wander around a bit more but , there again, I have gotten lost in the house (and, wow, what a representation of a Welsh Farmhouse - so realistic).

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 1, 10 4:43 PM
Hi Karen--it is a good game. I think you'll like it alot.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 1, 10 5:01 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm going to move this thread over to the Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches Forum so that our Fishes swimming through the full game Forum don't miss out on finding your comments. But not to worry, this thread will stay visible in the Chit-Chat Corner as well.

To find the Forum for any game, just click on All Game Forums at the top of this page, and type in the title for your game. Or, go here.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 12:17:50 PM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 2, 10 5:48 AM
Donau, why does here point to Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis Adventures?
Did you mean http://forums.bigfishgames.com/games/list.page?

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 5:51:52 AM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 2, 10 8:53 AM
Rhiannon is creepy in the Scratches kind of way. Old house that begins to gnaw at you more and more. You KNOW it's a creepy game when you are afraid to go downstairs (or upstairs) in a game, LOL!

ETA: The Pub is alive and well, but sometimes the mothership needs maintenance, as Textrekkie pointed out. Try, try again, LOL.

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 9:00:28 AM PST

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Nov 2, 10 10:32 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:Donau, why does here point to Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis Adventures?
Did you mean http://forums.bigfishgames.com/games/list.page?

Hiddens wonders of the depths - perhaps that is an appropriate description of the diving bell? we are a wonder! and some would like us to stay hidden, lol.

On a side note, this was a somewhat pointed game discussion, but included other games besides rhiannon, and talked about adventure games in general. This is one reason why the Diving Bell was opened, because it became so dern difficult to discuss games in general without it getting changed. Chit Chat can be about more than who is sick, who has morphed, and who is a star, it used to be about GAMES!!

Maybe if these somewhat generalized, but pointed conversation stayed in chitchat were people who were NOT doing a specific SEARCH could enjoy the gaming conversation more games would be sold.

I can think of a couple of games that benefited from this type of conversation in Chit Chat -
plants vs. zombies, for one, and our beloved Fairway Solitaire for another.

Oh, how I miss the TGT thread!

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Nov 24, 10 9:14 AM
karen876 wrote:I HAVE to buy this game now. It supports local people. I have done the demo but there are places that you cannot visit without buying the full version . I would have liked to wander around a bit more but , there again, I have gotten lost in the house (and, wow, what a representation of a Welsh Farmhouse - so realistic).

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches is a great game, especially if you're familiar with the Mabinogion and/or are into the culture, music, etc. of Cymru. How could I not play a game that, among other things, had me picking out "The Ash Grove" on an in-game piano?
Re the farmhouse, I had to chuckle at some of the comments in the reviews about the way the house was set up.... obviously the commenters (most of them in the U.S.) had no idea that the set up is quite realistic of an ancient farmhouse!

BTW, I'm in the U.S., born here, but my Mam's Da was born and grew up in Wales & I have many relatives there, including my sister who reverse-emigrated and lives near Aberystwyth.

Getting back to the game... the story's great, as is the setting. HOWEVER - many people (myself included) found it very frustrating to play the first time round. The movement through the game, and the mechanism of not being able to put items in inventory until they're triggered, isn't intuitive & can lead to a lot of confusion.
Once you grasp it, the game begins to roll along.

Go to: