Odd Glitch

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Odd Glitch

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 2, 10 2:04 AM
I am stuck. I was working on the "find the Compasses" puzzle. I could not find the last two so I clicked on Grandpa's door and went in there. I solved a couple puzzles there and then returned to the compasses puzzle. I found the last two compasses, was congratulated and received an award and then could not move on. All I get is the "Find All the Compasses" message on the right side and, since i have already found them, I cannot progress. I still have something to do in Grandpa's room but the door is no longer active and I cannot return there. I quit and came back and still cannot progress.

i suppose I should have finished the compasses puzzle before going to Grandpa's room.

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 2:13:36 AM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Re:Odd Glitch

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 2, 10 2:20 AM
Hi bribling,

The exact same thing happened to me. Didn't like it enough to buy after that.
Also I found the music as annoying.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Nov 2, 10 3:20 AM
worked fine with me. i could change rooms and find the mising compasses
cisca

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Nov 2, 10 3:37 AM
I found everything and I,m still stuck there!

matakia
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Odd Glitch

[Post New]by matakia on Nov 2, 10 3:46 AM
bribling wrote:I am stuck. I was working on the "find the Compasses" puzzle. I could not find the last two so I clicked on Grandpa's door and went in there. I solved a couple puzzles there and then returned to the compasses puzzle. I found the last two compasses, was congratulated and received an award and then could not move on. All I get is the "Find All the Compasses" message on the right side and, since i have already found them, I cannot progress. I still have something to do in Grandpa's room but the door is no longer active and I cannot return there. I quit and came back and still cannot progress.

i suppose I should have finished the compasses puzzle before going to Grandpa's room.

hi guys,

same here ...... bloody annoying ....... don't think will buy

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Nov 2, 10 4:27 AM
Same thing happened to me....stuck after finding all the compasses. The game also has some spelling errors. "Attantion" instead of "Attention" in the interactive help portion of a game is a big red flag for me. If they don't take the time to spell check it, they aren't going to take the time to check for glitches. Deleted after 15 minutes. Can't be bothered. I wouldn't waste your time.

redwickie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by redwickie on Nov 2, 10 4:59 AM
After eight minutes I got to the same point with 0 compasses to find and a congratulatory message and then...nothing! If someone finds out how to move on, please send a reply - otherwise it is going to be another "delete" action. Thanks!

redwickie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by redwickie on Nov 2, 10 4:59 AM
After eight minutes I got to the same point with 0 compasses to find and a congratulatory message and then...nothing! If someone finds out how to move on, please send a reply - otherwise it is going to be another "delete" action. Thanks!

redwickie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by redwickie on Nov 2, 10 5:00 AM

bevaa72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bevaa72 on Nov 2, 10 5:27 AM
Same here... so i quitted and set up a new player and went thru okay without clicking on the door before finding all compasses. Warning - hard to find compass in each scene. Not sure if I want to buy that game or not.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Nov 2, 10 10:13 AM
Same problem, went to grandpa's room, returned to find compasses and after finding compasses, there was no exit! Who beta tested this game? I used to beta test programs and always made sure I did things I shouldn't do to make sure users don't run into a glitch.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 2, 10 1:02 PM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for posting about the compass issue that you're experiencing with this game. If you could please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report, we would really appreciate it. This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information and will only provide important information related to helping your game work properly.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you receive an error message that the file is too big, please send the running processes, running services and the dxdiag. These are the most useful parts of the report that will help our rep.

After you run Dr. Felix, you should be able to select these files from the folder and attach them individually to the email. Thank you for your efforts!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by thebird456 on Nov 2, 10 1:43 PM
Well i'm stuck in the Library not able to go or do anything.... what am I missing ???
Theres nothing showing in the task payne for mke to find and it wont let me move right with the arrow ??? or do anything else

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 2, 10 3:14 PM
yes r I found all the compasses then computer got stuck in that room and wont let me do anything either.

Corker
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Corker on Nov 2, 10 3:39 PM
Me too -- same glitch.

[Post New]by dalenelj on Nov 2, 10 6:36 PM
I'm stuck in the library with all items found and can't get out?!?!? Is there a patch for this game?

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on Nov 2, 10 9:37 PM
bevaa72 wrote:Same here... so i quitted and set up a new player and went thru okay without clicking on the door before finding all compasses. Warning - hard to find compass in each scene. Not sure if I want to buy that game or not.

I also set up a new player but then I couldnt move any further than the first HOG scene.........I think it's a no for me....too many glitches.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 3, 10 6:52 AM
If there is a menu button click it and leave then hit play and you may resume in a different room. I left to turn off music then when returning where I'd been on HOG scene, top of desk, the list had changed, I had not finished the first list. It had asked for 2 balls and I had one to go. So the list changed, ball wasn't on that one but I clicked on that ball anyway and it dropped out.

When I got those trophy pages and score, seems to me you click them off, maybe it says OK and next scene came up. I had half the compasses, went through a door and had to find keys, maybe that is when I hit menu and resume and was back looking for more compasses.. Maybe it is just quirky how it runs. Ran out of time so can't go back and see how to get off the score page but I did. Not ready to buy yet but is a good variety of things to do, my speed. Did a map puzzle and word search then stopped, time went fast once I found the flashlight battery.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Nov 3, 10 10:41 AM
Same here, stuck after finding the compasses.

Debbie66
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie66 on Nov 3, 10 12:55 PM
The game won't run at all for me. Gives an error message when I click play now, then knocks 2 minutes off my free hour!!!

Go to: