ljnmd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Latin text

[Post New]by ljnmd on Nov 2, 10 4:17 AM
Stuck - how do I find Daniel to translate latin text?

Re:Latin text

[Post New]by jasteyo on Nov 2, 10 4:31 PM
blood

[Post New]by rstamant on Nov 2, 10 5:32 PM
It won't let me change the letters to BLOOD until I find Daniel to translate the Latin text

martanded
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by martanded on Nov 2, 10 8:20 PM
I am having the same issue with the latin text. Anybody out there get past this?

Hortense
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Hortense on Nov 2, 10 9:13 PM
Another county heard from! I am having the same difficulty. This is the second time I have gone through the game to this point, and search as I may, I can find no open doors. The first time, in mixing the red liquid and the green, the acid turned purple, but the green liquid refused to disappear. I thought perhaps that had something to do with it, but the second time around I used the green first, and both the red and green disappeared. I feel certain that something has been omitted from the walkthrough, or perhaps I need a course in remedial reading. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hortense
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Hortense on Nov 2, 10 9:50 PM
After reading all the other folks who had the same problem (latin text) and finding another site for Mystery Valley, (which I couldn't find again), where I found an answer to someone who had solved the problem. She said you had to find Daniel's Cell. I remembered having seen a cell with a comment about it being the VIP cell with a special lock. After some searching, I found it and that weird key opened it! Daniel provided the translation of the latin text, and I was able to change the letters, so the word read BLOOD. The rest went like clockwork. This is the first time I have found something crucial omitted in a walkthrough. But I wish I could find that other site so I could offer my profound thanks. Enjoy!

[Post New]by MemereNarbonne on Nov 4, 10 1:11 AM
I have searched other walkthroughs and still can't find information about Daniel the translator! I'll keep checking to see if anyone finds the solution and I'll also keep looking and post the solution if I find it!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Nov 4, 10 3:08 AM
Daniel is the guy in the next cell (the one who'll give you his pocket knife). When you knock out the vampire, you'll find a strange key in his ashes. Just use this key to open the cell next to the one you were in. This way, you'll free Daniel and he'll translate the text for you.

afkathy
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by afkathy on Nov 5, 10 6:47 PM
Had the same point, while trying unsuccessfully to change the letters, a key appeared that was added to my inventory - at about the point that there was a message about Daniel. Went back to the beginning of the level where there is a "VIP" cell - used the ley, freed Daniel [who provided the translation og the Latin text]. Now I was able to change the letters and move forward. The walkthrough seems to have omitted this bit.

keely1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by keely1 on Nov 6, 10 10:07 AM
like every one else i freed daniel but now i cant spell the word blood and i cant get out of the room either by going down or through the passage i believe is under the word blood.. ...please help. thanks for any help i can get

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Nov 26, 10 11:07 AM
I was having the same problem trying to find Daniel's cell. I went all over the place and no cell. Then I relized that I had a key to a locked door. I started looking for locked doors instead of a cell.Found it and ended the game 5 mins later.Hope this helps.

Go to: