bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

New version available for Mystery Valley -November 2nd 2010

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 2, 10 7:47 AM
We have a new version of Mystery Valley available now. This new version of the game fixes:

-The issue with the locker code1234.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and hope you will continue to enjoy your adventure in Mystery Valley!

You get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 7:03:23 PM PST

crljncrl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:New version available for Mystery Valley -November 2nd 2010

[Post New]by crljncrl on Nov 2, 10 9:05 AM
I also have the non-working 1-2-3-4 code, but when I click on options and search manually for an update, I am told there isn't any. I really do not want to start this game over again.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 2, 10 10:03 AM
Hi crljncrl,

If you uninstall the game by clicking on the trash can icon next to the title in the Game Manager and then go over to your Purchase History to reinstall the game, you'll automatically have the latest version

If you need any help with the procedure you can check out the help article below:

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 2, 10 10:57 AM
I had not had a chance to play the demo until today and it would not let me pick up anything. I have never had problems with a demo until today. Had to use the task manager just to exit the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problems, except now I can use the menu to exit. Still will not pick up items.

crljncrl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by crljncrl on Nov 2, 10 12:56 PM
Thank you, but of course, I will lose my progress . . .

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 2, 10 4:42 PM
Hi crljncrl,

That's a great concern you raise about losing your progress if you uninstall and reinstall Mystery Valley.

In this circumstance it isn't necessary to clear your saved profile for the new version to take effect, so you should be okay.

See this quote from a fellow Fishie in the Code given for locker doesn't work thread as well:

cdtandrom wrote: To all those worrying about losing progress if you have to uninstall and reinstall - quit worrying.
I was stuck with 1234, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, and I was able to pick up right where I left off. The only difference was now I had a code that worked!

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by diannejoy1 on Nov 2, 10 11:27 PM
dancemom1 wrote:I had not had a chance to play the demo until today and it would not let me pick up anything. I have never had problems with a demo until today. Had to use the task manager just to exit the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problems, except now I can use the menu to exit. Still will not pick up items.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 3, 10 1:03 AM
I gave this game another go and I am really liking it.
No tech. problems and I played the full hour.
Am off to buy with a punchcard credit. Yeah!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 3, 10 1:11 AM
Oops! Just checked the walkthrough and something triggered. I posted a few days ago about how short this game is. Was halfway through after the hour trial.
I will pass. Will save my credit.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Nov 3, 10 5:16 AM
Posted this twice - sorry.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 5:29:12 AM PST

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Nov 3, 10 5:28 AM
I've been thinking about when you fix a game that someone has downloaded only the trial version of, and I don't think it's right if someone is trying out a game with a "glitch" in it, and spent most of their trial time trying to figure our if it's them or the game! Then when you come out with a fix, we are left with maybe tops 15 minutes left on our trial. That is not enough time to get through the opening credits, fix the options, and, specifically in this game, to put our name in during the opening story - which is where you have to put your name in.

We play the trial to see if we like it, but if there is a problem with the game, it is not our fault. Then you go and fix it, and we are left with tops 15 minutes left on our trial. That's not enough time to get through the opening scenes.

I know BFG has the best customer service around, Maybe you could take this into consideration. We are left with practically no time left to see if we like the game, and probably won't buy it. What would it cost you to start our trial over at 60 minutes after you have fixed the game so it plays as it should???? Something to ponder.

Thank you for pondering.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 5:30:56 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 3, 10 10:14 AM
I seem to have a problem 'switching the lights on' at the beginning of the game .. that is, the lights are on, but I can't get rid of the torch! And when I try and exit up the stairs, it tells me i've got to switch the power on first.

It doesn't seem to matter how much I jump up and down and shout "The fippin' lights are on!" .. it still won't let me pass.

Am I missing something?
Thanks
Jo

[Post New]by trdced on Nov 6, 10 2:01 PM
I have down Mystery Valley theer times, the lock 1234 does not work.

Carla

[Post New]by waxlady2 on Nov 6, 10 5:11 PM
Arthur C --- you have to fix something before you can go up the stairs, and you have to turn the power off to fix it, then turn the power back on to proceed.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 8, 10 6:52 PM
Hi Fishies,

We've uploaded a newer version of the game (check out the details here and will be locking this thread to avoid confusion.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

Thank you!

-bfgOkeechobee

Go to: