bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Days - Amulet Secret

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 3, 10 12:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of 3 Days - Amulet Secret? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Days - Amulet Secret

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Nov 3, 10 12:29 AM
Definite "NO BUY" for me. When it came to sacrificing animals (dogs and cats) I quit the game and uninstalled. I don't even like the concept. Very offensive to me.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 3, 10 12:38 AM
Yes, that was a bit of a turn off wasn't it?
I agree. But for me, not enough to pass up this beautiful game.
So refreshing after what I considered a very slow month.
The graphics are crisp and clear.
Plays on my big screen.
The hint system recharges quickly which I love.
A point penalty is given if you use a hint.
No penalty for random clicking.
I played for only 30 minutes so only came across one mini/puzzle and liked it.
Not very hard in my opinion but just lovely.
Definitely a buy for me. Off to use my coupon.
I would recommend trying this game.

[Post New]by missillusioned on Nov 3, 10 12:56 AM
Hi guys, I'm on limited bandwidth at the moment and was wondering if this was timed or untimed? Is it more of an adventure HOG?

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Nov 3, 10 12:58 AM
jhi fishes grammakjyou are soooooooooooooooooo right this is not agame for me as well saw just the first scene &shut it off then hit delte no demo no buy for me. now somegreat games like azada 3 or others that dont have all this cult junk in them thanks bf for all you do to keep us fishes happy have a great day sorry murdock you missed big time on this one maybe do better next week i hope.take care fishes happy as a clam

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 1:02:21 AM PST

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Nov 3, 10 1:15 AM
GrammaKj wrote:Definite "NO BUY" for me. When it came to sacrificing animals (dogs and cats) I quit the game and uninstalled. I don't even like the concept. Very offensive to me. [/quote

Once again the forums have saved me from an upsetting experience! This sounds absolutely horrible. I'm not even going to demo.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 3, 10 1:19 AM
Doesn't work on my olde but goodie computer!

margatonian
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by margatonian on Nov 3, 10 1:50 AM
Wonderful Review Goofyduck !!!!
I always read your reviews they are so detailed and informative, don't take any notice of the negative comments that have been posted in the last few days ,we really appreciate your time and efforts !!!!
Margatonian

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 3, 10 1:52 AM
I lasted 9 minutes playing this game and that included playing the optional hidden object scene instead of the first puzzle. The reason why I can not play any more is because when I am searching for hidden objects

I DO NOT WANT LIGHTS OF ANY SORT FLASHING CONSTANTLY IN MY EYES.

Natural lightning does not flash as often as it does in this game so why put so much of it in when people are staring intently at the screen trying to find objects against a darkish background?

I think people like this developer are contributing to damaging our eyesight because it really did hurt my eyes. Whether this is because my eyes are now getting old or not I do not know but the fact remains it made the game unplayable for me.

Cherb

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 3, 10 1:52 AM
margatonian wrote:Wonderful Review Goofyduck !!!!
I always read your reviews they are so detailed and informative, don't take any notice of the negative comments that have been posted in the last few days ,we really appreciate your time and efforts !!!!
Margatonian

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Nov 3, 10 2:03 AM
Exceptional graphics and unobtrusive music. The storyline is the same "been there done that" but it is saved by some different minis, decent interactive play and appears to be of good length. A game worth a demo. Probably a buy here if for nothing else but to enjoy the very well done scenery and artistry.
NOTE: There are references to sacrificing animals in the beginning of the game, however, no scenes of such are visually depicted. All the animals are represented as alive and remain so throughout the scene.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 3:07:56 PM PST

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Nov 3, 10 2:04 AM
I LOVED Zoo Mystery!!! Thanks goofy...off to buy. I also was a bit surprised about the sacrafice thing, but I'm not easily offended. I do understand why some would be.

goofyduck; You don't have to justify yourself to anyone here. I happen to read your reviews, but never comment. Some days I skip them but as a whole I appreciate the time you take to do it. Ignore the naysayers. They are clearly bored to tears.

Journey

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Nov 3, 10 2:06 AM
I totally agree with GrammaKJ. I don't care how wonderful the graphics or the games are, this entire concept offends me. I certainly would not want my grandkids playing this game. I deleted it almost immediately. What a disappointment! I cannot believe that game developers cannot come up with fantastic games that are not sinister or evil.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 3, 10 2:29 AM
well, I think Goofyduck pretty much said it all...again.
Dr.good

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Nov 3, 10 2:42 AM

Goofyduck,

If you are prepared to take the time and effort to review the games in this depth then I don't see why anyone should complain; it's not as if reading them is compulsory! For my own part I find them useful when it is a game which may be of interest and if it's not then I don't need to read it.
Please continue, I certainly appreciate all the reviews.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 2:45:26 AM PST

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on Nov 3, 10 2:47 AM
puzzledone wrote:
Margatonian

I agree. Fantastic review Goofyduck! Ignore the comments, I really enjoy your reviews!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Nov 3, 10 2:52 AM
Margatonian

I totally agree, Margatonian! I look forward to Goofyduck's reviews every day! Goofyduck, believe in what Margatonian says, ignore the negative comments and continue providing us fishies with your wonderful reviews They help me in deciding what games to try or not ))

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Nov 3, 10 3:02 AM
yes, i agree with everyone....well done Goofyduck on your reviews, i read them almost every day, and it also helps me to decide if i purchase the game or not...thanks

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 3, 10 3:48 AM
CasualGran wrote:Comment after playing 40 minutes of the demo:

I quite like this IHOG. Okay, I had to overcome some resistance when it came to that sacrificing of animals (which you don't get to see, luckily) but after that it was fun.
Clear graphics, although a little less in the first level with the rain and thunder. Friendly hintbutton too. Music I don't feel having to mute right away and, if I remember this correctly, parts of it sound like I've already heard it in the Zoo Mystery (the first 3 Days game). The minigames are fairly easy but nice to do, like assembling statues or finding words in lettersquares. You can skip them if you like, but if you do so, you'll have to do an extra HOG scene, which seems an acceptable alternative to me.
The story is interesting enough, it reminds me a bit of the Samantha Swift games which I've played all.
Good to know: it seems that the game doesn't save your progress but actually it does, only by completed level and not by moment.

Don't know about the length, but I expect it to be worth my money like the length of the first 3 Days game.

It's a buy for me. 4 out of 5.

Happy Gaming everybody!

A couple of those animals they sacrificed looked rabid to me anyhow! So maybe it was a public service!! I agree CasualGran, I played about 45 min. and thought it was quite enjoyable Definite buy.
Dr.good
p.s. this was a comment and not a review so please don't scalp me for posting without playing the whole game!!!.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Nov 3, 10 3:56 AM
Goofyduck, I appreciate your reviews as well. They truly help me decide whether or not to demo a game and then are often the tipping point as whether or not to purchase.

As far as the others who moan about the reviews people give, we are all entitled to our opinions and we are all entitled to express them (within the terms of use for this site, of course). Scrolling down on a page takes what...5 seconds? If that is really that important, gaming should be last on the list in daily time management.

Go to: