robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

The Sapphire outside of Midas Palace

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 3, 10 6:47 PM
OK, it took me awhile to get through the game enough times so that the Sapphire turned up on my find list behind Midas' Palace. I was able to confirm the following:

First, please check the Blog Walkthrough to make sure we're talking about the same scene. It's in Chapter 4 King Solomn's Mines. The scene is Midas Palace--Outside the Back.

You start with a Find LIst of white items and the Pickaxe in green.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:The Sapphire outside of Midas Palace

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 3, 10 6:51 PM
If the game is working correctly and you have the current version from Big Fish Games, the following should be true:

1. "Sapphire" will be in white if it's on the Find List as one of the variable items. It will not show up for every player. It is not a key item. It is not in blue or green letters.

2. The Sapphire is the tiny dark blue object on top of the brown brick wall on the right. If you use the normal scanner hint it looks like a jewel, which is what it is.

3. The two green letter items are the Gold Star and the Gold Dancer. These are the key items, and should be the same for every player.

4. To collect the Gold Dancer, take the Scanner from your inventory and use it on the pile of rocks on the lower left. This will show you the blue outline of the dancer. If what you see looks like a person, it's not the Sapphire on the Find List--it's the Gold Dancer, even though at this point it looks blue, not gold.

5. If you still see the word SAPPHIRE on the Find List, collect it from the top of the brick wall before the next step.

6. Use the Pickaxe from your inventory on the pile of rocks where you saw the blue dancer. This will reveal the Gold Dancer. Collect it.

After that, if you need more instructions, see the Blog Walkthrough. To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough. The Walkthrough also has a marked screenshot showing the pile of rocks if you haven’t been able to find it.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 7:22:29 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:The Sapphire outside of Midas Palace

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 3, 10 6:53 PM
Note that all of this is the same as the published walkthrough. We didn't mention the Sapphire at that time because it's a variable item--it doesn't show up for all players.

If, as some players have reported, the word SAPPHIRE is showing up in blue letters, or isn't the tiny dark blue object at the top of the screen, or the scanner/pickaxe sequence as described doesn't reveal the Gold Dancer, there's a problem with your version of the game.

Assuming you got it here at Big Fish Games, uninstall and download a new copy and you should be fine.

If you do still have problems, and you got the game here at Big Fish Games, please contact customer support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column and they should be able to help one way or another.

I'm sorry I can't help more for those who are reporting the Sapphire is a key item in this scene. I'm sure it's frustrating. It's just not the standard version of the game, if that's what you're seeing.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: