bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Age: The Dark Priests forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 4, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mystery Age: The Dark Priests forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Age: The Dark Priests players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Age: The Dark Priests forum

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 4, 10 12:16 AM
While downloading I just popped in to say. How many happy fishies will there be in the pond today? LOL!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Nov 4, 10 12:34 AM
peglegann wrote:While downloading I just popped in to say. How many happy fishies will there be in the pond today? LOL!

I will be. Can't wait to play.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Nov 4, 10 12:42 AM
I bought on sight given I loved the first Mystery Age. Just had a quick look before getting on with dinner and was not disappointed. It is a frag/adventure game, like its predecessor and looks great. I'm also interested by the walkthrough info in this forum - that quests can overlap and the game can be played in different ways. Must mean I can look forward to a challenging game. Yay!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 4, 10 12:46 AM
I was looking forward to this one too, but - in the first scene you collect pieces of a map, mirror shards, gears - ah yesI thought, I like those puzzles! But how disappointing, no opportunity to put them together, you just place the collection of bits in the appropriate place and it's done.

The graphics look super, storyline is promising - just hope the gameplay picks up a bit later on.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 4, 10 1:35 AM
peglegann wrote:While downloading I just popped in to say. How many happy fishies will there be in the pond today? LOL!

Lol peglegann I totally agree. Too many to count, maybe?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 4, 10 6:25 AM
I have downloaded. My fingers are itching to get playing. Resisted for the last 5 hours . I have to get my work done,( I like to get paid to survive) This......is..........torture!! Maybe another couple of hours????
PS. In case you are wondering, I am taking a coffee break at the mo. . Soooo hard to wait

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Nov 4, 10 5:00 PM
What a fantastic game! I just finished the game and I must say the grapics are so beautiful I would get caught up in just looking around at how beautiful it was. I have to use a walkthrough too much on the first go around but it's because of my meds. I can't think to clearly. but I loved this game. Thanks for all the great reviews, caring people put so much into them and it helps me to decide what to try out or not. All in all I was not displeased with purchasing this game. Now off to play again to see how much I remember. Happy gaming everybody and I hope these game producers do many more. It's a great big thumbs up from me.

[Post New]by AlaskaGirl67 on Nov 4, 10 7:24 PM
Unfortunately, I already hit a glitch. I got the meat out of the kitchen and when I picked it up, it didn't go into my inventory. I need it to give to the eagle so now I'm stuck and can't go any further in the game...bummer!

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Nov 4, 10 9:52 PM
katejoe999 wrote:I bought on sight given I loved the first Mystery Age. Just had a quick look before getting on with dinner and was not disappointed. It is a frag/adventure game, like its predecessor and looks great. I'm also interested by the walkthrough info in this forum - that quests can overlap and the game can be played in different ways. Must mean I can look forward to a challenging game. Yay!

Couldn't wait to finish the Demo so I could buy it.. lol I thought I was going pretty good and then realized I had missed things, so doing the game without help was not working out for me!

The game has hints but they are not always that helpful. Never could figure out the fishing pole thing, and without that, no raven, then no snake's apple.. duh. Got the walkthru now and i'm starting over..

Thank you Robin for the Mystery Age: The Dark Priests game walkthrough.You did a great job on the walkthru!

berrymama
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by berrymama on Nov 4, 10 9:55 PM
vadasgirl5 wrote:What a fantastic game! I just finished the game and I must say the grapics are so beautiful I would get caught up in just looking around at how beautiful it was. I have to use a walkthrough too much on the first go around but it's because of my meds. I can't think to clearly. but I loved this game. Thanks for all the great reviews, caring people put so much into them and it helps me to decide what to try out or not. All in all I was not displeased with purchasing this game. Now off to play again to see how much I remember. Happy gaming everybody and I hope these game producers do many more. It's a great big thumbs up from me.

Some games you just need the walkthru. That doesn't stop the game from being fun. Usually I only need it when I get stuck, but it sure is good to have it before you get too far along to go back.

I agree, love the graphics in this game!

[Post New]by costanza43 on Nov 5, 10 6:02 AM
France Galliot Lefieux Je me sens obligée de parler du nouveau jeu paru en ANGLAIS sur le site de BIG FISH GAMES hier matin je l'ai commencé et je n'arrive pas à m'en décrocher
Belle histoire décors splendides.Parfois il faut trouver des morceaux d'objets et ensuite les replacer dans la scène et parfois juste des objets cachés.Il faut se rap.eller ou on est passé et ce dont on avait besoin.Sur le site de CASUALGAMES comme d'hab. il y a une idiote qui veut faire bien je ne la nomme pas car elle est trop c......
Elle prétend que ce jeu est le copié collé du BATON IMPERIAL.Et bien non pas du tout comme toujours elle ne les fait pas mais en parle comme tout ce qu'elle dit est à côté de la plaque.Mais au lieu de servir BIGFISH elle les dessert.C'est vraiment un poids cette nana elle travaille chez ORANGE et doit lui monter au cerveau!!!!!!!!!

Mais quand les responsables de BIGFISH et de leur image en FRANCE verront ce qui se passe.C'est minable.
En attendant je me régale avec ce jeu.
Afficher la suite

Il y a 7 minutes · Commenter ·Je n’aime plusJ’aime · Afficher le feedback (1)Masquer le feedback (1) · Partager.
Vous aimez.

[Post New]by 1katiesue on Nov 6, 10 11:08 AM
Only just bought this but it seems as though it will be great, I am stuck though, I can't find the key to the carpenters door.............. can anyone help please?????????

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 11:10:36 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 6, 10 11:11 AM
1katiesue wrote:Only just bought this but it seems as though it will be great, I am stuck though, I can't find the key to the carpenters door.............. can anyone hel please?????????

Have you had a chance to check the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games? It has step by step instructions for each task, including marked screenshots, so it should help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 6, 10 11:13 AM
berrymama worte:

Thank you Robin for the Mystery Age: The Dark Priests game walkthrough.You did a great job on the walkthru!

Thanks so much! It took me about 3 days to figure out how to structure the walkthrough since this is a nonlinear game, but once I got the idea of putting one quest per chapter it went quite smoothly. I'm glad you found it helpful!

Robin

[Post New]by 1katiesue on Nov 6, 10 1:11 PM
Hi Robin

I have checked the walk through but it didn't help. I have done the HOG by the log pile outside the carpenters house, the walk through says the key should be used after completing this HOG, but there is no key in my inventory

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 6, 10 2:41 PM
1katiesue wrote:Hi Robin

I have checked the walk through but it didn't help. I have done the HOG by the log pile outside the carpenters house, the walk through says the key should be used after completing this HOG, but there is no key in my inventory

You get the key earlier in that Chapter in a different location. Just go to the beginning of that chapter in the walkthrough and read through to see if you skipped any steps.

We try not to give spoilers in this topic, but if you mouse over the next sentence it will give you a bigger hint:

There is a Hidden Object Scene to the left of the pier down by the water. It sounds like you missed that one.

Good luck!
Robin

Walkthrough is missing a section

[Post New]by nycmrunner on Nov 8, 10 3:40 PM
Hi,
Just started the game and am stuck in the village with the priests. I clicked on what looks like a bag of clay and it just dropped to the ground, now I can't move it. I can't do anything else in the scene, like get the lantern (it only wobbles). The walkthrough shows a photograph, with the location for the key, then and then the headline and photograph for Section 2 (Repair the Boat). Between these two scene captures is the word "through." Right below the photograph of the village is the word "priests," and then instructions to take the Main Road to the docks. Resizing the window has no effect. Is it a Mozilla or Windows 7 giltch? Can anyone help me get through the village?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Walkthrough is missing a section

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 8, 10 6:02 PM
nycmrunner wrote:Hi,
Just started the game and am stuck in the village with the priests. I clicked on what looks like a bag of clay and it just dropped to the ground, now I can't move it. I can't do anything else in the scene, like get the lantern (it only wobbles). The walkthrough shows a photograph, with the location for the key, then and then the headline and photograph for Section 2 (Repair the Boat). Between these two scene captures is the word "through." Right below the photograph of the village is the word "priests," and then instructions to take the Main Road to the docks. Resizing the window has no effect. Is it a Mozilla or Windows 7 giltch? Can anyone help me get through the village?

From the Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games:

Use the STAFF on the Dark Priests.

As of Summer 2010 in Big Fish Walkthroughs, the picture comes first, then the explanatory text is underneath it.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 6:03:15 PM PST

[Post New]by saskgal on Nov 9, 10 12:20 PM
I too think this game is excellent however I appear to be stuck when I'm almost finished the game. I have the angel wings and helmet in my inventory, along with the crossbow and crystal balls. I also have the blue magic salt and the calabash jar. The walkthrough show to go to the witches house and to the statue out back. What it says isn't clear though. It says "CALABASH BOTTLE to collect blue powder from under the crystal ball. It goes back into the inventory as EXORCISM CALABASH." I've tried putting the powder and the bottle on the statue everywhere and it doesn't do anything and I don't see any crystal ball. It says "when it goes back into the inventory" so I assume I have to put the powder(magic salt) as well as the calabash bottle somewhere but nowhere seems to work. The statues eye glitters occasionally but it didn't work putting the things there either. Any solutions for me? Thanks in advance.

Go to: