bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 4, 10 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

leeleesma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by leeleesma on Nov 4, 10 11:01 AM
does anyone know what to do in the town?

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Nov 4, 10 11:30 AM
like most people do get drunk,flash your bum and get arrested after a fight lol

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 4, 10 12:27 PM
stevieferr. Is this allowed? Should I press the ! button. LOL!!!!

[Post New]by Kathy34 on Nov 4, 10 4:28 PM
I've been trying all afternoon to install and run the free trial. I get to the opening screen and it tells me to update my flashplayer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flashplayer - as well as shockwave, rebooted my computer numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself, and I still can't get past the message that my flashplayer is outdated. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried live chat earlier and was told to uninstall and reinstall everything, but couldn't do it then as adobe was having a problem on their site for downloads. I just tried Live Chat again and was told my computer and the game are probably incompatible. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any thoughts on anything else I might be able to try?

Thanks!
Kathy

Edit: I reinstalled (I think with compatibility) and it now works,

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 7:46:55 PM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 4, 10 5:27 PM
Played until the end of the game. Showed the end clip, jumped to a darkened opening flash screen where it froze. No credits, no end, just a sudden jump. I had to use task manager to close it.
I hadn't had a single problem throughout the entire game until then. Odd.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 5:31 PM
leeleesma wrote:does anyone know what to do in the town?

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough yet? It's posted free here at Big Fish Games, and includes instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it can usually help when you get stuck with something besides a technical problem.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, clickon the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walktrhough.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by Quaizi on Nov 4, 10 8:34 PM
can't get the game to run. It ran fine in the trial mode but when I purchased the game it says my profile is corrupt and to make a new one and when I do the game locks up and my computer shuts the game down. I went to the "crash & freeze" issues and went through all the steps for compatibility with Windows 7, including unistalling and reinstalling the game and my flash player and shockwave and it's still doing the same thing. This makes the 3rd or 4th game in the last month or two that I've had problems during the trial period or after I purchase the game. With time I have been able to resolve the issues but this one seems like a bust. Guess I will have to send an email and try to get my punch card reward reinstated. Really getting disappointed with BF and its quality control, this should not be happening so frequently.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Nov 5, 10 6:26 AM
I am having the same issues with some games on here also these past few months.

Now i keep getting the same message like i did before on the other two games" Thank you for Playing Mystery Age: The Dark Priests" when I want to continue playing my game.

This has happened twice before I have to reinstall the game. But heres the thing, when I reinstall, I have no more problems, BUT! I have to start ALL over from the beginning of the game.

[Post New]by IslandDaisy on Nov 5, 10 6:31 AM
For some reason, whenever I quit and restart the game, my current profile is damaged, and I have to start again from the beginning... every time! I have just deleted the game and am in the process of reinstalling. Hope this fixes the problem cause I've already bought it.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Nov 5, 10 6:59 AM
Having a problem with DL this game. Is it just me or are other fishies having the same problem. Tried it several times and nothing happens in my game manager or says "Nothing in progres". Please help..

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Nov 5, 10 7:09 AM
OK...disregard my previous post. I figured it out. My window explorer was blocking this DL .. not sure why. I've been DL games just about every day without any blocks for BFG. I think there is a little at work here.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Nov 5, 10 7:55 AM
Yesterday, I played this game all day with no problems, Today I get the "Thanks for playing this game screen from BF every time i want to play today! Why am I having issues just all of a sudden today?

Every other game plays puuurrrfectly today. Except for this one!

Now, it will not even reinstall. So I am off to see the wizard as soon as they open for chat.

LinaJules
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LinaJules on Nov 5, 10 10:10 AM
I downloaded the free trial, but then when I went to play, it shows that my time was up; I had to stop and think "gosh, did I play this already?" and I hadn't. Am downloading it again to see if I get the same thing. Has this game been previously released by chance?

[Post New]by butterflywowwow1 on Nov 5, 10 11:13 AM
when i get the meat down out of the kitchen, it goes down to inventory and then just disappears???

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Nov 5, 10 3:28 PM
Played the game yesterday fine, today, it won't play at all. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, drivers,etc are up to date. I've changed the compatibility to Windows XP 2, ( I usually play Windows 7 64 bit). When I try to play from the Game Manager, screen goes black, then goes back to Game Manager, if I try to play again it says the game is running. Task Manager says its running.

Sure would appreciate some help. I did email support but their wait time could be up to 72 hours.

Thanks...

laurimd
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by laurimd on Nov 5, 10 4:31 PM
janierae-try the Chat Line--those people are the backbone of Tech Support, in my opinion! I have had a few problems that I thought I could never get fixed, and by gosh, they got the job done. I am really in favor of the Chat Line and sure do hope that you can get someone as knowledgeable as I have had. They get from me!

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Nov 5, 10 5:24 PM
I have the same problem with the meat disapearing when I get it down from the kitchen ceiling. I have played it over twice no with two different user names and still the same thing happens.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Nov 6, 10 12:07 AM
The game plays fine but I can not access the menu from within the game. Every time I bring it up, the game either freezes or crashes. Twice I've had to use task manager to close it out. Once I'm in the game, there's no way out.

This has not affected my saved game, it picks up right where I left off. I can still access the options menu from the main screen. The game plays fine, no problems there. Just closing out or if I wanted to access options from within the game.

[Post New]by zografia on Nov 6, 10 5:57 AM
the meat disappeared...any solutions?????

Go to: