bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 4, 10 2:24 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

indybabs
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™

[Post New]by indybabs on Nov 4, 10 6:05 AM
Gran... when you say both ways are timed, does that mean you have to complete in a certain time or start that part over? I don't play timed ones cause I never make it.

[Post New]by yaaba_daaba_doo on Nov 4, 10 8:27 AM
I really enjoyed playing Mystery Case Files: RavenHearst, so when I saw this game as a daily deal I grabbed it right up and look forward to playing it.

[Post New]by susieworld on Nov 4, 10 8:43 AM
I bought this one at full price when it was first released and it remains one of my favorite HOGs to this day. I rarely play games more than once, but now that I'm reminded of this one, I think it's time to revisit it. For $2.99, this is a steal! And you can't go wrong with the MCF series.

mmerv
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by mmerv on Nov 4, 10 8:47 AM
This is the game that originally hooked me on hidden object games. Nice mini games and really original (for the time) puzzles. I have played it numerous times and enjoy each experience. For me to actually comment on a game is unusual so this one must be a keeper.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 4, 10 9:02 AM
This is my all-time favourite game. It's fantastic. I've had it for ages, and I still play it at least one a week.

For anyone who doesn't already have it (doubt there are many) .. GRAB IT!
It's a steal at $2.99, and you won't regret it.
Jo

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 4, 10 11:34 AM
Wonderful - not easy - and so much fun. Great replay value too. Never regretted buying it.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Nov 4, 10 1:32 PM
Why was this thread just started on 11/4/2010? Surely this game has been commented on and reviewed before today?

I played the trial version and enjoyed the carnival setting. This is a challenging HOG. I hate buying a game that I may not be able to finish due to the inability to skip a difficult mini-game. But it does seem to be classic MCF game.

Hmmmm.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Nov 4, 10 1:37 PM
Excellent daily deal. If you don't already have it, scoop it up. Definitly has replay value. If you are having trouble with the mini games, either try the strategy guide, or youtube.

[Post New]by pgibbon on Nov 6, 10 6:02 PM
Madame Fate is a classic HOG with many puzzles that add extra fun.

It comes highly recommended and has good replay value.

At the end of the game, it seems to indicate there will be a sequel. Has anyone heard of a second Madame Fate or know of an equally good game ?

[Post New]by Georgieflip on Nov 8, 10 7:30 AM
This is one of my favorite games. I love the morphing objects.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 8, 10 7:32 AM
pgibbon wrote:Madame Fate is a classic HOG with many puzzles that add extra fun.

It comes highly recommended and has good replay value.

At the end of the game, it seems to indicate there will be a sequel. Has anyone heard of a second Madame Fate or know of an equally good game ?
The sequel is Return to Ravenhearst, the next in the MCF (Mystery Case Files) series.

[Post New]by pgibbon on Nov 8, 10 3:54 PM
Wouldn't that be a sequel to Ravenhearst ?

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Nov 21, 10 11:03 AM

What a fantastic, creative game. I am so tired of HOGs where you just sit and click all the items as you read down the list because they're right in front of your face or "hidden" means there's just so much junk thrown in a huge pile that it's just a matter of weeding it out. This game took me a bit over 10 hours, over a few days.

My only complaint is that I wish they would just give a little explanation to tell you what's expected of you in the puzzles. They were really neat puzzles but a few were just too cryptic to even figure out what the heck they wanted so I skipped them.

This was the first HOG I've played where I really really couldn't find some items, and had to sit there going over every inch. That smug smile of mine got wiped off my face as I sat there thinking, "How can I not find a pig?!" and not because they were hidden in some dark corner or stupidly drawn....this game was just that clever with shape and texture and color.

That cat circus alone was worth the price.

[Post New]by morgan2112 on Dec 9, 10 4:49 PM
gotta luv these MCF games!!i must admit i have to get the strategy guide tho. is there a walk thru to find help? HELP!

locojet
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by locojet on Dec 14, 10 1:45 PM
is this game all hidden objects??? i liked dire grove and 13 skulls but this seems to be mostly hidden objects. don't care for that.
before i buy this can someone tell me if that is all it is??
thanks

kenneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kenneve on Dec 22, 10 12:24 PM
This is the best MCF game yet. I hope the geniuses who created this are working on a second Madame Fate. It just was too much fun and also challenging in some spots as well. I have had it a while but did not want it to end so I kept finding other games to play, but finally finished and will play again and again. It is never as much fun the second time so please ask the geniuses to make a new Madame Fate. Thank you all.

kenneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kenneve on Dec 22, 10 12:33 PM
locojet wrote:is this game all hidden objects??? i liked dire grove and 13 skulls but this seems to be mostly hidden objects. don't care for that.
before i buy this can someone tell me if that is all it is??
thanks

this game was great. Mainly hidden objects but many challenging puzzles. This was my favorite by far. I too liked Dire Grove, but that was HOG plus adventure and mystery. This is HOG and Puzzles. did you try the new MCF 13th skull??

[Post New]by BFBridge on Dec 29, 10 5:33 PM
I would love to know the secret to finding the very secret items that I've stumbles upon as I've played each site. Any hints? BFBridge7@aol.com

Ejune3
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Ejune3 on Jan 16, 11 3:20 PM
BFBridge wrote:I would love to know the secret to finding the very secret items that I've stumbles upon as I've played each site. Any hints? BFBridge7@aol.com

O the "map" scene, each shows a # (of items to find) and sometimes a "?" next to it. That "?" denotes a morphing object will be found there somewhere either in that scene or a HOG within that scene. Once found, the "?" goes away. Be patient and look at a section of a scene for a bit. Watch another area...the change may be subtle, like a red apple turns green or a ball becomes another ball but not always! Have fun, it's one of my favorite parts of the game!

Edited on 01/16/2011 at 3:28:44 PM PST

Go to: