October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

The demons

[Post New]by October7 on Nov 4, 10 11:22 PM
I was enjoying this until this level. Once again you have to destroy the demons before they reach the top. It says make combos. I have made combos all around them and I still can't get rid of them. There is no skip so a game that I was enjoying is now over for me. Another game with a timer level. It is spoiled for me.

Re:The demons

[Post New]by Alien131314 on Nov 5, 10 1:21 AM
For those who are experiencing difficulties with spiders (demons )- level group 8 - some recomendations:
1) In the very beginning of level you should first destroy as many spider nets as you can. When spider sits on the net - it is unvulnerable! Spider net disappears when you create combo on it
2) To destroy spiders, match vertical combos above spiders so fire will hit the spider ( if spider is not covered by spidernet )
3) Collect blue bonus and use it in the very last moment
4) Watch over all spiders!
Good luck)
There is only one level group with such gameplay - the next two are without timers

[Post New]by Bizabiz1 on Nov 5, 10 10:38 AM
I'm having the same problem....even when I destroy the nets..I can't get the spiders to disappear with a combo. Are we supposed to get rid of all the nets before all the spiders burn up?

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Nov 5, 10 11:59 PM
Well I am really angry with this level. It is extremely difficult to get combos above the demons to destroy them, and you have to destroy them several times. I am soooo disappointed that I have come up against a timer when I was really enjoying the relax mode of the game. I really don't think I will get past this particular level. I do have a disability in my hands and there should have been a skip after several goes at the level.

[Post New]by Moonwolfdancer on Nov 6, 10 7:06 AM
I got to the timer level with the demons relatively easy and it was a good game. Now after dozens of tries to get pass the one with the cobwebs it is losing its fun. I will try the recommendation but don't hold out much hope. Probably going to be another game I will delete so I don't get frustrated with it and move on to another.

mdgram
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdgram on Nov 7, 10 9:18 AM
I, too, am at my wits end. I have tried over, and over, and over to get past this level. The first couple of scenes were okay because there were only one and then two spiders. Now, with more, I can't keep track of all of them and when looking at one column (with no possible matches), a different spider gets even farther up the column. No game should be this frustrating. I can feel my stress level rise as I try to play it. Seriously thinking of uninstalling it. What a shame. It was fun until now (except for level 3 which was similar but not quite as hard).

mdgram
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdgram on Nov 12, 10 5:12 AM
I absolutely loved this game once I figured out the demons board. I can't believe that I actually completed it!!! Those spiders and demons almost made me quit until I figured out that if you keep playing over and over again the pink and blue power-ups charge completely and are a big help. Perserverence is the name of the game. Keep at it and it's doable

[Post New]by Bizabiz1 on Nov 13, 10 8:30 AM
I finally got through the spiders/demons after SEVERAL redo's. It was worth it though as the last two levels are a lot of fun and less stressful. Stick with it.

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Sep 21, 12 11:08 PM
You don't have to play this level at all; just let it run its course, and when you lose you'll be given the option to retry or skip it. Skipping means skipping just that one level out of ten, so repeat the above until all ten levels are over and skipped. Voila!! You've spared your frayed nerves and are on to the next level. (Which, by the way, can be won pretty easily as long as you get at least two coins each time. When desperate, resort to the red power-up.) Please keep playing this game, it really is wonderful.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 6, 13 9:19 PM
Play the level enough to fill both the red and the blue power ups...and use them right at the beginning.

Then quickly make as many matches as you can on across the spiderwebs to get rid of the remaining spiderwebs.

After that is done, you can kill off the demons by manking match ups in their columns.

That was on the third or fourth demon level.....I am about to see what happens on the next level, which I presume will be harder....and you can always skip.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 6, 13 9:34 PM
oh...and theoretically, if you beat the demon spider back down to the web level, you can then make a match to break the web.

there is NO winning the level without breaking the webs.

I hate spiders....and I hate the nasty munching noises....it is VERY satisfying to kill the suckers!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 7, 13 12:07 AM
YES!!!!!!
You CAN drive the spiderdemons back down, which allows you to destroy the web, even if they have climbed past it.....and, having done that, you can go on to clear them away.
This last time, I didn't even need to use the power ups!

Go to: