bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Downtown Secrets

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 5, 10 12:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Downtown Secrets? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Downtown Secrets

[Post New]by salpolestick39 on Nov 5, 10 1:05 AM
i just play the game and i like it as it keep your brain work to find the clues and the ojbect it is a good game to play.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Nov 5, 10 1:30 AM
I'd love to try this but oh no! It crashed twice on me. Yet another flop from this company

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 5, 10 1:52 AM
(Off topic a bit)

I wonder if this smorgasbord of MCF's is a hint that we're about to get the new one?

I hope so.
Anyone know?
Jo

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 5, 10 1:57 AM
Hi Goofyduck, you won't regret buying Return to Ravenhearst, hope the next one is on it's way. Otherwise, downloading "Downtown", great review as always...

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 5, 10 1:59 AM
arthurC wrote:(Off topic a bit)

I wonder if this smorgasbord of MCF's is a hint that we're about to get the new one?

I hope so.
Anyone know?
Jo
Read in one forum, ages ago, that it should come out round mi-November, so I keep my fingers crossed.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 5, 10 2:33 AM
RTR Sure feels like lead in to something coming, with yesterday's MadameFate. Who knows, Dire Grove could be tomorrow's DD or Monday's Catch of the Week.

Oh oh, goofy, first time RTR? If we don't see you around you got lost LOL. Look for walkthrough on that "other" site. Not one here, too old for this forum's WTs.

OT sorry...back to Downtown Secrets....

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 2:34:23 AM PST

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Nov 5, 10 3:00 AM
This was interesting - new type of plot, fantastic, crisp and clear graphics, and a unique hint system. My only complaint is that the game was exceptionally short.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Nov 5, 10 3:05 AM
Thanks for the awesome review goofy! This game looks right up my ally, I just love murder mystery games like this. A definite buy for me now! Finally a good HOG... and yes I am guessing the DDs are leading up to a new MCF game. Looks like the HOG drought may be over!

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Nov 5, 10 3:14 AM
Thank you for the great review Goofyduck, they always help me decide if I want to try a game or not.

[Post New]by heatherington on Nov 5, 10 3:23 AM
Thanks Goofy Duck. I need your reviews. I liked the screenshots and was hoping it was as good as it looked. Am downloading now.

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Nov 5, 10 3:30 AM
Sigh it was a good game and I did buy but is short game, I have already completed it, it was a good story but not worth the money I just paid for it. I take my time playing games and usually take much longer than what people say on here so I am afraid to think how quickly the rest of you can complete it. :{

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 5, 10 4:02 AM
WOW,Goofyduck. A 1/2 page on todays game. How comprehensive! Can't believe you haven't played RTR! That surely will warrant a full page! Have fun with RTR. I can't wait!
Dr.good

[Post New]by Januarybaby on Nov 5, 10 4:24 AM
Was on a certain site I dont know if Im allowed to say and Mystery Case Files: 7 is due in "Late 2010" SHouldnt be much longer............

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 4:25:10 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 5, 10 4:25 AM
CasualGran wrote:
Isn't anybody else bothered by the windowed screen of this game?

Hi Casual Gran

Go into options and toggle the widow/fulll screen setting - or just hit Alt-Enter!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Nov 5, 10 4:45 AM
This is a great game. Great graphics Good story line. Intriguing. It's one that makes sense and makes you want to find out what happens next. I don't always read the storyline in a game, I skip past it. But this one kept me reading. It didn't keep on and on between levels.

The one setback for me is that if you leave in the middle of a level you have to start that level over. I don't like that. The music isn't that bad.

I am not sure I want to use a game credit or a punch card credit on this game. It didn't grab me right off the bat like some games that say "Buy me Buy me." if you know what I mean I might wait until BFG has a sale or if I need to use a credit. I am trying to save my game credits in case BFG lets us use 3 on a CE.

Enjoy your day everyone.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 5, 10 4:50 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:
P.S. As an additional note, I cannot BELIEVE Return to Ravenhearst is the Daily Deal! Off to buy immediately!

RTR has been on sale at various cheap prices numerous times since it came out.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 5, 10 4:52 AM
CasualGran wrote:
Isn't anybody else bothered by the windowed screen of this game?

Well as a matter of fact I am! Mine isn't a true windowed screen though. (I don't think ) Mine goes all the way top to bottom but it doesn't go wide screen so that I have a black border on both side of my screen. Is that windowed or just a full screen? Is that what you have CasualGran?
Pros;
beautiful, crisp, clear graphics.
loads and plays well.
fast recharge on hints
very good graphic depiction of the h0
did that get through?
cursor works fine
story does not involve finding grandpa/husband/wife or casual acquaintance lost in time.....whew! That theme is wore out...........forever!!

Cons;
Straight HOG with a little "I" thrown in which is okay....but I'm spoiled.
screen is not adjustable (and CasualGran and I don't like it!!)
Too much lame story which luckily can be skipped.
I might buy it with a credit or DD but after "Mystery Age" just yesterday this will be a hard sell.
Dr.good

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 5:05:57 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 5, 10 5:37 AM
arthurC wrote:(Off topic a bit)

I hope so.
Anyone know?
Jo

YES!!!

Still off-topic here, but check out the thread in CHit-Chat Corner, "Mystery Case Files – Speculations, Ponderings, and more!" for the latest news. It's up to 56 PAGES of comments, which took me about 2 hours to just skim through last night, but well worth the read. Tips from Picman hint that the next MCF game will not be a sequel to Ravenhurst, and that it will be released on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 25 for those of you outside the U.S. who are not familiar with our holidays.)

Other hints from Picman and Solice imply that it has something to do with a Delta, possibly Pirates, and the screenshot that was "leaked" shows a swamp scene, possibly in Lousianna. Speculation has run wild, but currently I believe it will have something to do with Madame Fate, and MF had several Ravenhurst clues scattered throughout that game.

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 5:44:25 AM PST

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Nov 5, 10 6:01 AM
The cursor was all over the place to bad because it really looks like a fun game. Maybe next time.

Go to: