bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Unlikely Suspects technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 5, 10 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Unlikely Suspects technical issues here only

[Post New]by chelsq on Nov 5, 10 10:46 AM
i downloaded the game and it downloaded fine and for some reason it wont play the game it doesn't start at all but the game from yesterday did and was wondering why it wouldn't even start after clicking play game

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Nov 5, 10 6:18 PM
I am having the same problem.... I can hear the music, but just a dark screen

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 5, 10 7:12 PM
I d/l the game and played for a bit - played quite fine. went into it again and played again for a short while - played fine, then when I wanted to exit the game - it totally froze up my computer and I had to turn it off to get out of it - couldn't even do the ctrl/alt/delete and I know it's not my computer - has to be the game. so probably won't buy.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Nov 6, 10 3:39 AM
Certain places on the map make my computer freeze.

I tried to play the level and the screen went black but the sound effects where still there, but nothing else so I tried clicking menu...But Nothing, so then I tried the three finger salute...But Nothing, so in the end I had to turn my computer off.

It is a real shame that this game will not work for me as I was enjoying it, it reminded me of a mahjongg style game, but I can not remember the name fo that one.

This would of been a buy but I do not think I can trust it to behave.

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 3:43:55 AM PST

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Nov 6, 10 10:22 AM
chelsq wrote:i downloaded the game and it downloaded fine and for some reason it wont play the game it doesn't start at all but the game from yesterday did and was wondering why it wouldn't even start after clicking play game

I'm having the exact same problem. I click play from the game manager and nothing happens. Well the game manager goes away, but the game never starts.

So guess I'll be passing on this one. Too bad to, 'cause it looked pretty interesting.

[Post New]by jesswinjo on Nov 6, 10 3:42 PM
I also can not get the game to play. I have dl 2x so guess I wil give up for now. I have never had this problem with other games.

[Post New]by nanaxs09 on Nov 6, 10 6:02 PM
I have all three clues for the suspect, but I when I try to go to their lair, it pops up and tells me I have to match clues to suspect. They are matched! I uninstalled and reloaded, still same problem. Either tell me how to fix it or refund my money!

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Nov 6, 10 10:26 PM
I d/l the game fine but wasn't really enjoying it so I chose to exit but it wouldn't let me. The computer froze up and I had to turn the entire thing off to get out of it. It's a no buy for me

[Post New]by beestitcher on Nov 7, 10 10:07 AM
chelsq wrote:i downloaded the game and it downloaded fine and for some reason it wont play the game it doesn't start at all but the game from yesterday did and was wondering why it wouldn't even start after clicking play game

I am also having the same problem and I was really looking forward to this game. Was it Mahjongg Investigations that some thought it was like? I really enjoyed that game!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Nov 8, 10 5:18 PM
windrose53 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. I click play from the game manager and nothing happens. Well the game manager goes away, but the game never starts.

Same problem I'm having. My operating system is Windows 7 32 bit. I'd like to know if this game doesn't work in this environment or if there is something else I can try.
Thanks!

dreamnite
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dreamnite on Nov 9, 10 11:52 AM
Are we going to get help, or just be referred elsewhere? I'm no computer expert, I don't need a bunch of jargon thrown at me, I want games released shortly before or anytime after a new OS is released to be compatible WITH that OS, or marked "Hi, I don't work with Win7". And you know what? It would be nice if that message only lasted long enough for compatibility issues to BE FIXED.

Win7, and like some OTHER bfg games, Unlikely Suspects won't run. It downloaded the same as the rest of the bfg games on my machine, but for Some Reason, when I start Unlikely Suspects, within maybe five seconds, I receive an error message, UnlikelySuspects.exe has stopped working, upon which time Windows offers to look for a solution.

It isn't that I expect this game for free, or am upset that I am not getting something for free, it's that I come to BFG to try a game before I buy it, and as I have both Inspector Parker and the followup BeTrapped, Unlikely Suspects appears to be right up my alley and would probably have been an instant buy, so I am super happy that I always run the demo before I buy, otherwise I would be upset AND trying to get my money back...

Update 11/9 at 3:37pm, I tried it one more time before deleting the darn thing and it might (?) be working, at least for right now...

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 12:38:22 PM PST

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Nov 16, 10 11:01 AM
jesswinjo wrote:I also can not get the game to play. I have dl 2x so guess I wil give up for now. I have never had this problem with other games.

I can't get the game to play after installation. I have installed the game using both the manual and automatic options in the game manager. (deleted game inbetween installs)....the game just opens the game manager...and I click on the game to play...I do not get a game!!!!

I have never had this happen before. I will contact the tech dept.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 20, 10 5:05 AM
I hope that everyone in this thread with a problem has been in touch with CS via the green envelope. You're only telling other players by posting in this thread.

[Post New]by jenabTX on Dec 11, 10 6:26 PM
nanaxs09 wrote:I have all three clues for the suspect, but I when I try to go to their lair, it pops up and tells me I have to match clues to suspect. They are matched! I uninstalled and reloaded, still same problem. Either tell me how to fix it or refund my money!

I'm having the same problem getting into the lairs on my iPad (which has all the latest updates). I have the warrant, I have evidence to narrow it down to 6 suspects but I click on the door/arrow icon, I get the "You can't search the suspect's lair if the facts don't add up. All evidence must fit your targets." It does, but I can't go to any of the lairs. The game's helpfile doesn't address going into suspect lairs, but I would think with the warrant and the matching the traits would be enough.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Feb 11, 11 10:32 AM
i am late playing this game but I also have run across not being able to get the bear. I have clicked all over that bear, ropes, and all other areas to no avail. Has anyone found a solution to this problem. Will I need to AGAIN uninstall and reinstall under a different name to be able to play (I hope not). Please help if you can.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 26, 11 12:53 PM
Hello everyone,

For those of you having troubles with the bear, please write in to Tech Support so that our team is able to gather more information to hopefully get this resolved. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by cheekypuss on Mar 29, 11 12:03 AM
I also cannot visit suspect lairs despite having a search warrant!?

The game mentions there were three suspects who match the clues found so far. However, I found FOUR suspects (from the list of 15 people) who appear to match the clues!!

Maybe because of the discrepancy on the number of suspects matching clues, is preventing visiting lairs??

Don't know what version of game I have, I couldn't find the game version number anywhere.

Game bugged? Any resolution?

[Post New]by nasirmom on Apr 19, 11 7:07 PM
I can not get the bear to move. The hint magnifier no longer goes to the bear. I have reinstalled game 5 times to no avail as it refuses to reset. Help.

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Sep 12, 11 2:59 PM
judy76073 wrote:I d/l the game and played for a bit - played quite fine. went into it again and played again for a short while - played fine, then when I wanted to exit the game - it totally froze up my computer and I had to turn it off to get out of it - couldn't even do the ctrl/alt/delete and I know it's not my computer - has to be the game. so probably won't buy.
It's now Sept 2011 and it still gets stuck and you still have to turn off the computer to get out of it.

Go to: