bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 5, 10 2:17 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Nov 5, 10 2:24 AM
To any fish who has seen this game as the DD and wondered whether to buy it can I just say..DO IT!!! In my opinion this is the best game there has ever been. A Hidden Object/Adventure of the very highest quality, great story and lovely graphics it'll keep you enthralled for hours.. you don't get many like this especially for $2.99...oh how I wish I hadn't already played it!!

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 2:25:50 AM PST

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on Nov 5, 10 4:50 AM
Ditto. I love this game and $2.99 is a steal. Great graphics - I love the story line - when I bought it, I kept playing because I got so engrossed in the story. Anytime there is an MCF game for $2.99, don't hesitate to buy - they are the best!.. One can only hope seing them show up as DD's the new one is right around the corner - Thanksgiving weekend would be the perfect time to release it(hint hint).

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 5, 10 4:52 AM
donnasm wrote:Thanksgiving weekend would be the perfect time to release it(hint hint).
picman has confirmed 25th November in the new game's teaser thread.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Nov 5, 10 5:51 AM
What can you say about a classic???!!! For any IHOGer, this game is a must-have. Beautiful graphics, awesome story-line, fantastic puzzles, the best soundtrack of any game I've ever played-this one has it all!! When I first started playing I was enthralled with all the elaborate detail involved in this game! Never before had I seen anything like this!! I've replayed many times and still totally enjoy it.
This was my very first interactive hidden object game. I purchased it retail when it first came out. I can honestly say it was worth every penny (that's alot of pennies at $20)! For the DD price, it most definitely is a STEAL!!

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 5, 10 6:01 AM
This game by far one the best that has come from BF and well worth this price.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Nov 5, 10 7:32 AM

Did I like Return to Ravenhearst?????

NO!!!!!!

I LOVED IT!!!!!!

It is the best! Those of you who do not have this game, this is the Cadillac or Rolls Royce of all games.

Very, very well done in graphics, music, storyline, interest, challenging, different. I never get tired of playing the game over and over.

If you buy no other game this year....you have to get RETURN TO RAVENHEARST...what a buy you are getting! $2.99! You cannot beat that. Nor can this game be beat in quality.

All I can say is "Amen" to all those who have made comments before my posting.

Give yourself the gift of a journey of mystery, intrigue, beauty, uniqueness, and lots of "aha" moments.

[Post New]by tuliplady11 on Nov 5, 10 7:37 AM
This truly is a must have!
I have played it over and over and it never gets boring.
What a magnificent job developers !!!
For anyone who doesn't own this game;
grab it!!!
Am so looking forward to the next MCF

Happy gaming all !

catfishsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by catfishsue on Nov 5, 10 8:28 AM
I agree with all the other comments. First game I bought with hidden objects and was totally inthralled with the story line, graphics and loved the music that went along with each scene. Am so disappointed that the ravenhearst story line will not be continued this month. I don't think any other game will compare to this one. Dire Grove was good, but did not hold a candle to this one. So will be looking forward to another release to ravenhearst. Please don't let us down!!!!!

[Post New]by emfer3010 on Nov 5, 10 10:46 AM
Wow, never thought I would see Return to Ravenhearst as a DD
Glad you fishies still love this game. Good excuse to buy myself another birthday
present

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 5, 10 11:19 AM
this was the first MCF game to really give me a run for my money... loosely translated: the first time through it kicked my a$$!

i was just getting into HOGs and along came this dark and dreary and ultimately eerie game... charles is back - that's what madame fate told me and i was anxiously awaiting this return... but it was nothing like the carnival of horrors and freaks that was madame fate... no, it was something much more complex, more intriguing, more mind-bending...

would i go down this road again? oh, yes, i would! and i invite you to travel along it as well - the fare can't be beat! just remember to hold onto your seat...

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Nov 5, 10 5:51 PM
WOW! What rave reviews. I am in the middle of Ravenhearst and can't wait to get to this one! Dire Grove was the first MCF game that I played and I absolutely loved it. Others have stated that RTR is even better. So, I'm off to play so I can see for myself what all of the HOOPLA is about. Can't wait!

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Nov 5, 10 8:25 PM
Dire grove "addicted" me too...And still remains my favorite game of all time. But this one is an awesome Dark & Eerie game; far superior to the "meh" original. I totally agree: at $2.99, GRAB IT!!!

rosieroo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosieroo on Nov 6, 10 4:06 PM
Just finished the game ,enjoyed the storyline immensley , usually they do not hold my attention. The hint take ages to charge and sometimes the puzzles are way -out of my wavelength but excellent none the less
Could not have got through it without the walkthrough though, well done all of you who succeeded without it..
A definate bargain for $2.99.
Enjoyed Madam fate more though just because it was light hearted in comparison and i have played it time and time again.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 7, 10 8:16 AM
Thanks Imbrium for this thread !

I love all the MCF games, from Huntsville to Dire Grove. (Huntsville was my first HOG, and I can't forget it)

Looking forward to # 7

What to say about RTR ?

It is different from the first 4 ones and so entertaining !

I was really surprised when I discovered it ! IHOG were new for me and had never played adventures games before !

I always loved the MCF games graphics, music (particularly the theme of MCF), and puzzles, always challenging....And RTR has all these caracteristics !

And the novelty was, for me, the adventure side of the game. So wonderful ! Every hidden object scene gives you a tool you have to use later. When I discovered a new Hidden Object scene, I was so exciting to know which object i'll get.

The music of RTR is so wonderful and can be compared to classical music ! I imagine an orchestra playing this music !

Sometimes, I was stuck and needed the strategie guide or help from the games. It was not easy to find what to do next, in which room to go or which tool from your inventory to use !

So I stopped the game for a while and went back later (often a few days later) and the solution was in front of me !!!!

RTR is a smart and challenging game and Dire Grove is the same.

Too bad there isn't a CE version of RTR (with morphing objects..... ..I love). If there was one, I would buy it

But the SE is really great !

Thanks for offering us all these wonderful games every day !!!

Marie

ETA : I just want to congratulate the developers of all these games, because I know that's not an easy work and that sometimes computers and programms can make you crazy !!!!!

So BRAVO and keep developping so wonderful games

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 8:21:06 AM PST

xXxLulu
Clownfish
Clownfish
805 Posts

[Post New]by xXxLulu on Nov 7, 10 9:43 AM
I looooove this game.I think it's my favourite IHOG ever!! I had so much fun playing it. If you're thinking of buying it,IMO you should!!

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 9:43:32 AM PST

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Nov 8, 10 10:19 AM

This long game was fantastic! I just finished it and hated to see it end! The puzzles were very frustrating but was able to go to the walkthrough. Glad it has the "Skip" thing. The hints were to long in coming up because I use them quite a bit. Well worth the 2.99 price. I say go for it!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 9, 10 11:44 PM
Ok so everyone has given all the rah rah reviews... and it's a great game although I liked Dire Grove better... but anyway since the others are positive here's some of the negatives:

Lots of repeat hog scenes... you come back to the same scene again and again. Sure the items you look for vary but they don't vary all that much. And items are repeated through the different screens. They do fit the story to a point but you're still searching for things like fresh broccoli and cupcakes on a moldy shelf (heck the game even makes a point of showing you the moldy food in the storyline!) so that's a turn off. The truth is if this game didn't say "MCF" in front of it there would be more complaints than there are.

Hints take f.o.r.e.v.e.r to recharge and you're expected to be psychic to solve the puzzles since there are no directions. There's a skip option but it comes with a whopping 30 minute time penalty. And don't even get me started on the arcade style games thrown into the mix. Their version of whack-a-mole is particularly irritating (and I LOVE the real whack-a-mole game!) but this one they shoot up and down so fast that you just about have to have your curser on top of it when it comes up to hit it. And that's assuming you have enough chances since you have to hit only certain colors or your penalized points. It has to be one of the worst mini-games I've ever seen in a hog game. (I can seriously picture some pimply faced guy with thick black glasses sitting in his parents basement going "mwahaha this will drive them crazy") It's also picky about where on the mole you hit... it has to be right on top (I tested it just to see and even right on the edge of the top didn't count).

It's a classic and I mean to take nothing away from the game... it's a must play for hog fans. Just figured I'd offer up the cons since most reviews are of the positives.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Nov 11, 10 6:43 PM
OK. Found out what all the HOOPLA over this game was about. I too absolutely loved it. I know there has to be a sequel coming. Victor did say: This isn't over yet. I can't wait to see what he's up to next.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 11, 10 7:16 PM
Picman (one of the owners) did confirm that Victor and Co. WILL return... but not this time. The new Mystery Case Files game is due out on Thanksgiving, but will not be directly related to the Ravenhearst story arc.

Have you tried Dire Grove yet? Also an excellent game. Mystery Age 2, Nightmare Adventure: Witches Prison and Twisted Lands: Shadow Town are a few of my favorites for this year.

Go to: