bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 5, 10 2:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by iamnotaguppy on Nov 5, 10 7:32 AM
Hello!

Just bought Return to Ravenhearst yesterday (and am beyond pissed that it's a game special today- makes the technical issues even worse! I spent extra money to have a crappy game!) and found that I could not use the hint button. I restarted the game- it didn't save my progress. Tried it again- hint button didn't work so I restarted my computer. Again- didn't save my progress and the damn button still didn't work. So, I thought that I'd go it alone without the hint button. Well now I found that the skip puzzle button doesn't work, either! And I've invested a few hours into this game and have the sinking feeling that my progress isn't going to be saved if I shut it down again. I am really upset with this. I've never had any issues with my games before and I'm very disappointed.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 5, 10 8:02 AM
Since your game isn't saving automatically as it should I am going to guess that you are running Windows 7. If so, try running as administrator. You can always get BFG technical help with a game via the green envelope.

[Post New]by iamnotaguppy on Nov 5, 10 8:12 AM
thanks for the reply- actually I'm running it on a Macbook. I ran it under administrator the first time- it did not save when I restarted the game. When I restarted my computer, I started it under non-admin and same issues. I tried chatting with a rep, but since I'm on the east coast, they weren't up and running yet.....waiting just a little while longer.....argh.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 5, 10 8:27 AM
thanks for the reply- actually I'm running it on a Macbook.
Oh. I know of one game (Drawn: The Painted Tower) where you need an Intel Mac.
I don't know if that's the case here.

Jan69
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Jan69 on Nov 5, 10 9:39 AM
I checked around the forums and haven't seen any complaints about the 5 min minimum recharge for hint button. Hard to get very far in the trial with that wait. Is something wrong with my set-up? Windows 7 with current updates, video, etc. Since its the DD, need response asap.

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 9:41:51 AM PST

[Post New]by richard1968 on Nov 5, 10 12:18 PM
just bought Return to Ravenhearst only to find that the full screen function isn't working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but no change. Any advice.
cheers

[Post New]by jchrivia on Nov 5, 10 1:26 PM
richard1968 wrote:just bought Return to Ravenhearst only to find that the full screen function isn't working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but no change. Any advice.
cheers

I am having the same problem. It opens to full screen mode, but gives me only a black screen and does not proceed to the game.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 5, 10 2:36 PM
Hey Fishies,

For those of you having troubles with the display and are using Windows 7, please get in touch with a Tech rep for further assistance. They should be able to walk you through steps that may resolve this issue. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by richard1968 on Nov 6, 10 12:40 AM
And for those of us that are not using windows 7?

[Post New]by Lidell919 on Nov 12, 10 8:24 PM
Hi! Iv'e been having issues after I get past the 3 gargyoles hidding the little girls. The cofin raises and opens then the game freezes. it's quite frustating. Can anyone help me ? Oh, i'm not using a mac or windows 7.

[Post New]by Kelsy19 on Nov 13, 10 6:42 PM
Lidell919 wrote:Hi! Iv'e been having issues after I get past the 3 gargyoles hidding the little girls. The cofin raises and opens then the game freezes. it's quite frustating. Can anyone help me ? Oh, i'm not using a mac or windows 7.

Yup, this happened to me too. Just finished playing the game today. Had to shut down the game and when I came back, I had missed the cutscene and the journal entry.

Not sure what you can do to fix it but you will probably have to consult a walkthrough for the information the twins would've given you, you will need it to get through the typewriter puzzle.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 28, 10 3:24 PM
I hope someone will read this and be able to help. I'm almost at the end of the game, and my screwdriver has disappeared from my inventory! I have to have it to take the fuel panel off. Do I have to start over from the beginning??

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 29, 10 11:26 AM
jennsmom wrote:I hope someone will read this and be able to help. I'm almost at the end of the game, and my screwdriver has disappeared from my inventory! I have to have it to take the fuel panel off. Do I have to start over from the beginning??

Never mind, I did start over, and this time, the screwdriver stayed in my inventory.

[Post New]by roshiiie on Dec 14, 10 3:45 AM
I can't seem to click the stove in the toy store. Can somebody tell me how to fix this? I really need help. I already tried quitting and restarting the game and it still doesn't work. What should I do? HELP!

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Dec 14, 10 9:21 PM
The game only plays in windowed mode. Pretty small on a 19" monitor.
I am trying out the demo.
I am using Windows XP on a fairly fast machine. Gb RAM.
An nVidia GT240 graphics card with 1 Gb of memory.

If it doesn't play in full screen mode, I don't want it. lesser games do.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Dec 14, 10 9:33 PM
An addendum.

Why do some little fishes post questions regarding tips and hints on this "technical issues here only" post?
Can't they read? Follow instructions? They waste everybody's time.

[Post New]by LucyisBlue on Dec 18, 10 7:31 AM
Once I solve the sun/star puzzle and find the opening to the secret passageway, I can no longer play the game. My computer always locks up and when I re-open the game and press "Start", I always get a black screen and my computer locks up again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm still having the same problem. I tried a different player name and started from the beginning and once I reached that point again, the same thing happened.

Grr!!!

Any suggestions?

StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by StarThrower on Dec 18, 10 11:18 AM
Need some Mac people advice...

MCF RtR ran fine (except for the full screen issue which I resolve by going to options and clicking full screen off then on again) PRIOR to the installation of GM. Because I enjoy the older MCF games to the 13th Skull, I thought I'd give RtR a go again.

But alas, the game will not start up now despite doing all the usual (uninstalling/reinstalling, disk permissions, deleting pref file, etc). And yes, all my software is up to date. I am running this on an intel imac w/10.6.5. Plenty of ram and hd.

The reason I am asking here is because since getting GM, when I try and launch RtR, I get an Apple error (you know that box that pops up with the yellow triangle and exclamation mark). The report is ridiculously long (and all geek-speak), but it does say "Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV); Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000001b0ae360".

Does this make sense to any Apple folks out there (yes, I tried the Apple forum and was advised to post here). BFG Support simply tells me to do all the things I mentioned above.

Can anyone help? I really liked this MCF game....

Thank you in advance.

[Post New]by Hamilton2613 on Jan 11, 11 8:36 PM
i downloaded the game and was so excited to play. i got passed the level where you go into the fireplace and passed the first door puzzle. when i go into the shop on the right and play the lucky 15 game to get the numbers to open the electrical box, the numbers i get dont work in the box. i have tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, starting over (twice) and even using a differend player name and nothing is working. i just want to finish the game and i cant because the school lights wont come on. ive even tried finishing the game with out the school but i think i have to get in there because i cant get passed a certain point. This is so frustrating!! please help me. oh and i dont have windows 7 or a mac.

Go to: