oliveoak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

flower, rose, apple pearl

[Post New]by oliveoak on Nov 5, 10 1:37 PM
have the rose dipped in silver.

I was able to get the pearl in the door. I can't get the others to go in....any help?

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Re:flower, rose, apple pearl

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 5, 10 4:09 PM
I'm having the same problem.

The walkthrough is rubbish. It says I've got to take the apple and the rose and the lotus flower to the Tower lab and do something with them (I'd already dipped the rose in the silver sand earlier on) on a 'Magic Mirror' (E).. but there's IS no flipping magic mirror in the flippin Tower Lab!

This game is beautifully done and the graphics are stunning, but I'm on the verge of giving up on it. I don't expect games to be easy .. that would spoil the fun, but I do expect SOME logic in the 'plot' .. there's none here, and I'm having to refer to the Walkthrough at every turn (which is a damn nuisance because I don't have a printer so I'm having to go in and out and in and out .. and the walkthrough takes ages to download every time .. and I'm just flippin well fed up with it).

oliveoak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by oliveoak on Nov 5, 10 4:59 PM
found the magic mirror, it is just to the left of the grandfather clock on the wall. put the stuff on it one at a time, good luck

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 5, 10 5:38 PM
I'm sorry--it looks like there is one screenshot missing from Chapter 14 in the walkthrough. I've resubmitted it.

Meanwhile:

Go to the Tower Laboratory. The Griffin from the rooftop will fly you there.
Look on the back wall, just to the right of the center.
The Magic Mirror is on the wall there.. There is a doorway between the Magic Mirror and the Grandfather Clock.
Click on the Magic Mirror to zoom in.
You'll see one silhouette at a time of the remaining objects.
Put each one in turn on the Magic Mirror, click several times to convert it to a Logo and collect it.
Eventually you'll end up with the Dragon's Pearl (which was magic to begin with), the Mirror-charmed Apple, the Mirror-charmed Snow Lotus, and the Mirror-charmed Silver Rose.

You can then continue on to the Witch's House to unlock the door.

Robin

steve_t
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by steve_t on Nov 5, 10 6:11 PM
arthurC wrote:I'm having the same problem.

.. and the walkthrough takes ages to download every time .. and I'm just flippin well fed up with it).

Next time you download the walkthrough, choose "File/Save Page as" from your browser menu to make a copy on your hard drive - double click on the saved html file next time you need the walkthrough.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 6, 10 4:42 AM
I forgive you Dogfish - if only because you've just proved to me that i'm not actually going bonkers!

[Post New]by kduvall508 on Nov 6, 10 3:30 PM
Thank you Robin for the info on the magic mirror. I was so frustrated. I kept looking for it in the walkthrough. I made it through the whole game without the w t, but I had to find that mirror.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 6, 10 7:35 PM
The missing screenshot showing the location of the Magic Mirror has been posted in the Blog Walkthrough. Sorry for leaving it out the first time!

Robin

[Post New]by goma9237 on Nov 9, 10 6:04 PM
How in the world do you transform the apple?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 9, 10 7:11 PM
goma9237 wrote:How in the world do you transform the apple?

Please see the instructions above in this thread. You do it the same way as the snow lotus--by using the magic mirror in the Tower Lab.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: