Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove - Daily Deal

[Post New]by Marg2 on Nov 6, 10 2:31 AM
A Daily Deal on this game is incredible! All I can say is if you don't have it - GET IT! It's a steal! One of my absolute favorite games.

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove - Daily Deal

[Post New]by erigby on Nov 6, 10 2:45 AM
Marg2 wrote:A Daily Deal on this game is incredible! All I can say is if you don't have it - GET IT! It's a steal! One of my absolute favorite games.

I'm thinking they will have all the MCF games as DDs prior to the launch of MCF #7.
They've already had Madame Fate & RTR this week.

What do you think?

cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove - Daily Deal

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 6, 10 2:52 AM
As erigby says "I'm thinking they will have all the MCF games as DDs prior to the launch of MCF #7.
They've already had Madame Fate & RTR this week. "

What do you think?

I agree. A shame for those of us who already have these games , but great for those who have the joy of now bying them for this great price.

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 2:58:18 AM PST

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Akenta on Nov 6, 10 2:58 AM
I agree MCF #7 is coming soon and I'm excited. Another game I'll have to get on day one. If you don't have Dire Grove, DD is a real steal - many hours of fun.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 6, 10 2:58 AM
Anybody not having this game yet? Well, for me it was the best of the series, and a must have. Only problem is, since this is a DD for the regular version, you will miss out on the morphing objects and the integrated extra levels - if you buy this just follow the walkthrough for the regular version to avoid confusion.

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on Nov 6, 10 4:12 AM
For $2.99 if you don't already have this game, buy buy buy! I have the CE and I had no problem paying at that time $19.99 for it. Truly the best of the MCF games - beautiful graphics, hidden object scenes that are not impossible to find everything - fantastic storyline - keeps you engrossed. Believe me, you can't go wrong getting this game.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Nov 6, 10 4:24 AM

Awesome game and great deal!! if you haven't already.....then buy now..you won't regret it

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 6, 10 4:54 AM
I paid $19.99 for the CE when it came out and it was money well spent. This is the gold standard, folks. If you don't have it, you really should get it, especially at this price.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 6, 10 5:30 AM
I bought the CE too. For me, the strategy guide that came with it was worth it, cuz I get stuck too much otherwise lol.

esmeqt
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by esmeqt on Nov 6, 10 5:33 AM
This is an amazing deal! Dire Grove is my favorite game of all time. There I said it. I like DG even more than RTR, though I love that too. (Readies herself for all the people who think I'm wrong for loving DG best)

If you don't have this game, get it..... ASAP! It's awesome!

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Nov 6, 10 5:54 AM
With the release of these 3 games on the DD I guess it i time to replay them to get ready for MCF 7. Can't wait!!!!!

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Nov 6, 10 6:34 AM
When I saw this as a DD I looked and realized I did NOT have this game. I must have demo'd it but did not purchase. So at $2.99, it's a done deal now!!

Not sure why I never bought it before But thanks BFG!!

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Nov 6, 10 6:45 AM
#7?!? I only know about 3. What other 3 am I missing?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Nov 6, 10 6:56 AM
I wonder if we will be able to upgrade to the CE since we bought it as a DD and how much it will cost to upgrade.

mmerv
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by mmerv on Nov 6, 10 7:43 AM
[quotHe=kimberph]#7?!? I only know about 3. What other 3 am I missing?

Huntsville, Prime Suspects, Madam Fate, Ravenhurst, Return to Ravenhurst, Diregrove. The first 2 are mainly straight HOG. Madam Fate was a major leap forward and the other 3 speak for themselves. Great Great Great. I will probably buy my first CE with #7.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Nov 6, 10 8:17 AM
Laflamme wrote:Anybody not having this game yet? Well, for me it was the best of the series, and a must have. Only problem is, since this is a DD for the regular version, you will miss out on the morphing objects and the integrated extra levels - if you buy this just follow the walkthrough for the regular version to avoid confusion.

Do the morphing objects and integrated levels add all that much to the game play/atmosphere? It always sounds like the DR CE is has better CE features than most. I'd hate to miss out on anything worthwhile; but at this price it's so hard to resist!

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Nov 6, 10 8:45 AM
Well unlike others I do not really see what the hype is about when it comes to this game, I did not really care for it and will not be buying it.

I get a little iffy with games that involve you wandering around trying to find what you are doing, and there are no hints apart from coming out of the game to look at a walk-through.

The videos where a nice touch but I am getting sick of all of the horror about, I have anxiety disorders I do not need to be scared witless.

The sound effects where not intrusive and the hidden object/puzzles where of average difficulty.

If you like games where you wander around looking for the place to use your items, and you enjoy games that have a good storyline then choose this, as you can see above most people love it.
For me however this game is a no go.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 6, 10 11:32 AM
ditto to everyone who said buy it now!!

you really have got to play this game! it is so amazing... all the little details... the neat little extras... it's just a super deal to get a game like this for only $2.99... just make sure to have an extra blanket and space heater nearby, because this game will CHILL you!

and i'm hoping that seeing all the cool MCF games popping up in DD's is a way to get people psyched for a NEW MCF game!! please!!

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Nov 6, 10 1:01 PM
Awesome game. If you don't have it, buy it. Loved playing it, although I did need to use the Walk-Through a few times. The only thing I didn't love about the game was the number of videos. Thought they slowed the game play down some. Never the less, the incorporation of video added something new to standard IHOGs.

A post above recommended you keep a blanket nearby while playing. I agree. The atmosphere is creepy, scary and coooooold!

Enjoy!

Edited on 11/06/2010 at 1:02:21 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 6, 10 1:03 PM
For those that haven't yet - run, trample over people to get this daily deal.

You lucky people that get it at that deal! I am green with envy but then it was my first game here, and I loved it. If I had known how good it was I would have bought the CE that is my only regret with it.

If there is a new game coming out, I can't wait!!

Go to: