bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 6, 10 9:03 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Ms_M
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ms_M on Nov 20, 10 8:18 AM
Several of the games that I have bought have not opened when using Windows 7 Professional while having Firefox open. This is one of those games and I'm going to start posting which games work on my operating system with Firefox open and those that do not.

[Post New]by zazupitt on Feb 2, 11 12:01 PM
were do i use snowshoes ? cant finish this game

[Post New]by biggerstfish on Feb 27, 11 1:46 AM
this game is unbelievably slow on a power mac, especialy the video-parts

I have os 10.5 and 1.8 ghz prozessor, this means better than required. I am so frustrated, because I played the other mystery files without have any troubles.

do anyone know why it doesnt go on the PPC?

the collectors edition is listed as normal version, but when I try to download it, I become the massege it is only for intel-macs?! so what no, intel or non-intel?

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 28, 11 7:49 PM
zazupitt wrote:were do i use snowshoes ? cant finish this game

The snowshoes are used automatically to get up the hill to the barn. (The game wouldn't allow you to advance if you didn't find the snowshoes.) You never have to take them out of your inventory and since you need them repeatedly throughout the game, you'll have them until the game ends.

Unfortately, biggerstfish, you're speaking a language that I don't understand. If nobody gives you a satisfying answer in this thread, I suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking the on the right hand side of the page.

[Post New]by pollyanna7 on Mar 29, 11 4:42 AM
I have purchased the strategy guide...when they have a walk thru available on a game is that pretty much like the stategy guide? Should I not have to purchase the stategy guide if there is a walkthrough available. Also how do i toggle back and forth from my game to the guide. My game takes up my entire screen. Which is wonderful...but is there a fast way to go or toggle from game to guide?

[Post New]by loslass on Mar 30, 11 2:52 AM
Video and sound is horrible for me. Jumpy and indistinct. Can't even play the 60 minute download it's so annoying. And yes, I have the latest video card drivers, latest sound card drivers and every extraneous program is turned off. I also have a massive hard drive and boatloads of memory, with my computer going so far beyond the minimum requirements it's not even funny.

Very annoying as I really wanted to buy this game

b2u4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by b2u4 on Apr 1, 11 6:28 PM
I never had to use the snow shoes, since have 'em. BUT I never did find all 3 coins. Have got back everywhere & No 3rd coin. ONLY 2 coins - tried putting just 2 in slot machine but still no Sunflower Seeds.
So Without The SunFlower Seeds I CANNOT END THE GAME!

b2u4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by b2u4 on Apr 1, 11 6:29 PM
I never had to use the snow shoes, STILL have 'em. BUT I never did find all 3 coins. Have got back everywhere & No 3rd coin. ONLY 2 coins - tried putting just 2 in slot machine but still no Sunflower Seeds.
So Without The SunFlower Seeds I CANNOT END THE GAME!

[Post New]by lisamoreno on Apr 9, 11 9:44 PM
I have been playing the game using the walk through, step by step, for some reason, I can't access the hidden object game to retrieve the potato chips. I did the lantern, but could not go any further..please help me.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Apr 13, 11 8:44 PM
Hi, b2u4!

You use the snowshoes to access the farmhouse. Although you never take them out of your inventory, if you didn't have them, the game would tell you that the snow was too deep to climb the hill and it wouldn't let you advance.

As for the third coin - when you first enter the museum, turn left into the door that says 'Closed for the Season.' That's the museum gift shop, and it's the most commonly missed area of the game.

Good luck!!!

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Apr 13, 11 8:46 PM
Welcome to the pond lisamoreno!

It sounds like you're following the Collector's Edition walkthrough ... is that the version you have? The potato chips & rabbit's head are not tasks in the standard version because they're part of the bonus features that were exclusive to the CE.

Here's a copy and paste link to the Standard Version's walkthrough:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

Or you can just skip the potato chip task and it will have absolutely no effect on the game.

Good luck!!!

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Apr 18, 11 10:04 PM
I had a major problem with the Full version, its been solved by me getting a credit but not happy as the issue wasn't answered.

I downloaded the demo and played on my acer aspire one netbook
where screen resolution max is 1024 x 600, i played the full hour on this demo and a couple days later downloaded full version. Now the full version was nothing like the demo, i no longer could see the items bar, only part of the book, no typrewriter, when i clicked on the sign for Dire Grove no dialogue box and none where i knew there should be.

Tech suggested a number of things including downloading CE Demo, but this didnt work its showed cut off at the bottom like full version.I am still not happy with this as having very little choice but to demo in order to find games that will work on my netbook, and this demo worked but not the Full Version.

[Post New]by Wildiin on May 31, 11 10:12 PM
Loveday-

I am having the same thing happening with my Netbook. (It's the same exact kind as yours.) I was wondering if you've fixed this problem. I really want to play this game, but I can't see any way possible until I resolve the no item bar issue.

If anyone has answers, please share!

Thanks!

[Post New]by Bettsy327 on Jul 4, 11 5:15 PM
I am having trouble with the microwave. I opened it a few times before I realized I had to thaw the meat. When I went back, the microwave wouldn't open. I tried restarting my computer. Then I created another player and played without opening the microwave until I had the meat. It won't open for the "new" me either. Please help. I can't go any further until I thaw the meat!

[Post New]by dlb19595 on Jul 22, 11 8:18 PM
I am also having the same probem with the microwave.....in fact I left the frozen meat for the wolf and he would touch even got a error message saying just that. So I put the frozen meat back in my inventory to take back to the store and the picture shows teh microwave is open but when I click on it the microwave is closed and can't reopen it by pushing the green button. HELP!!!

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Aug 25, 11 8:40 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying this game, but the snow moving different directions is really making me dizzy, and giving me a headache. Please-- next time-- make the snow just go straight down! We'll get the 'drift'!!

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Aug 25, 11 10:26 PM
On the microwave, I found if I pushed the button, then touched the door, it opened. Good luck!

I have yet to be able to click on any of the metamorphosing things. I even went through the walk-through to make sure I was clicking the right object-- but nothing happens. I thought there were morhphing things in the regular version??? Thanks--

[Post New]by asbury2play on Sep 10, 11 2:56 PM
I have been unable to collect either the potato chips or the urn. I tried to go on without them but am now at the relics and cannot proceed without the ashes. I went over the walkthru several times but am unable to find the problem(s).

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Nov 12, 11 5:34 PM
The game freezes every time I try to play a videotape on the Crime Computer. It's otherwise a nice-looking game. I was thinking of trying to overcome my aversion to horror stories with this game, but the added stress of having to wait two or three minutes every so often makes this a no-buy for me.

Go to: