New CSI:NY Game

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Nov 23, 08 9:32 AM
I wanted to give you guys here a heads-up. Don't waste your money paying $29.95 for this game. BF will probably get it. It is much different than the other CSI games. It is kind of a bad HOG/puzzle game. The graphics aren't very good, you have to find hidden objects whose shapes are gradually revealed, many of which don't have a thing to do with the storyline. There are mini-games disguised as lab work. The game is done in a graphic comic book style, badly imho.

If you have played and enjoyed the other CSI games as I have, you will be very disappointed by this one. It can be slightly entertaining, but I played the entire game in about an hour and a half. There are only four cases also. Well, thanks for listening to my rant.

Poco

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

Re:New CSI:NY Game

[Post New]by ghost777 on Nov 23, 08 9:33 AM
okey good to know.thanks

babseymaz
Flounder
Flounder
2,179 Posts

[Post New]by babseymaz on Nov 23, 08 9:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 23, 08 9:47 AM
Welcome to the Pond Pocojazz. Thanks very much for letting us know.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Nov 23, 08 9:50 AM
Welcome to the pond and thanks for the tip

mistybig
Clownfish
Clownfish
663 Posts

[Post New]by mistybig on Nov 23, 08 10:05 AM
Thanks for letting us know. I love the CSI games and have been waiting for the new one, I won't bother now.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Nov 23, 08 10:55 AM
welcome to the pond pocojazz
i beta tested this game and couldnt even last the test time ,i so agree with you its not good. wont be buying this one.

Edited on 11/23/2008 at 10:55:46 AM PST

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Nov 23, 08 11:09 AM
I always wondered if the CSI games were good. Thanks and welcome!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 23, 08 12:47 PM
Bummer pocojazz - I enjoyed the first couple games. Thanks for the heads up and welcome to the forums!

LeStat1
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by LeStat1 on Nov 23, 08 10:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this game.

john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by john_murray2 on Mar 27, 09 3:53 PM
Hello Im wondering if anyone figured out how to do the mini game in case 1 when you are inside the Empire State Building in order to find the CD?
Pat

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 27, 09 3:57 PM
john_murray2 wrote:Hello Im wondering if anyone figured out how to do the mini game in case 1 when you are inside the Empire State Building in order to find the CD?
Pat

The CD is on the computer once you break the code. If I recall correctly.

[Post New]by rmrdacdhp on Mar 27, 09 4:20 PM
pocojazz wrote:I wanted to give you guys here a heads-up. Don't waste your money paying $29.95 for this game. BF will probably get it. It is much different than the other CSI games. It is kind of a bad HOG/puzzle game. The graphics aren't very good, you have to find hidden objects whose shapes are gradually revealed, many of which don't have a thing to do with the storyline. There are mini-games disguised as lab work. The game is done in a graphic comic book style, badly imho.

If you have played and enjoyed the other CSI games as I have, you will be very disappointed by this one. It can be slightly entertaining, but I played the entire game in about an hour and a half. There are only four cases also. Well, thanks for listening to my rant.

Poco

It's too late, I should have read the forum before I brought the game. But now I am hoping I can get some help. I can't seem to get out of the first screen, I don't know what to do with the braclet and rag. Help please. Tks

Edited on 03/27/2009 at 4:25:43 PM PST

[Post New]by rmrdacdhp on Mar 27, 09 5:31 PM
Please Please someone help me before I go crazy. I can't get off the first board. There is a braclet and a rag, both has checks. I don't know what I am suppose to do with them to get to the next page. HELP!!!!!!!

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 27, 09 5:38 PM
click on the black spot of the bracelet. Finish all conversations. You will know when you have finished everything because there will be a flashing X in the upper right hand corner of the conversation box. Make sure you also click on any colored words in the conversation. Good Luck

[Post New]by rmrdacdhp on Mar 27, 09 6:02 PM
granny754 wrote:click on the black spot of the bracelet. Finish all conversations. You will know when you have finished everything because there will be a flashing X in the upper right hand corner of the conversation box. Make sure you also click on any colored words in the conversation. Good Luck

Thank you Granny for getting back with me. I have a question, is there any special place on the black spot you have to click on. When I click on the black spot it just keep going back to the bottom of the page. I also already click on all the highlighted words and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by rmrdacdhp on Mar 27, 09 6:07 PM
rmrdacdhp wrote:
granny754 wrote:click on the black spot of the bracelet. Finish all conversations. You will know when you have finished everything because there will be a flashing X in the upper right hand corner of the conversation box. Make sure you also click on any colored words in the conversation. Good Luck

Thank you Granny for getting back with me. I have a question, is there any special place on the black spot you have to click on. When I click on the black spot it just keep going back to the bottom of the page. I also already click on all the highlighted words and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Or I keep getting the message that they found it right next to the body

[Post New]by sassygrannygoose on Mar 27, 09 6:24 PM
Thanks for the info. Good thing to know.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 27, 09 8:58 PM
Clicking on just the right spot on the bracelet is very tricky. Try clicking on the biggest place of black near the top of bracelet. It is a trial and error type thing. You will get the right spot just keep trying.

Janadott
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Janadott on Mar 28, 09 6:48 AM
I'm so confusedk the only black spot i see on the bracelet is the shape of the empire state building. Is that where you try to click? I've clicked all over it

Go to: