bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

New version available for Mystery Valley - November 8, 2010

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 8, 10 6:50 PM
We have a new version of Mystery Valley available now. This new version of the game contains the following updates:

- A majority of the text was proofread and corrected
- Wide-screen issue that made picking up some objects difficult or impossible fixed
- 6 new music tracks added
- New option added to the Main Menu to watch the cut-scenes that you've already unlocked
- Cut-scenes now have a “skip” button
- Cursor changes more dynamically for areas where the player can interact with any given scene
- Diary now opens up at the last useful page and its controls were re-drawn

We apologize greatly for the trouble and hope you will continue to enjoy your adventure in Mystery Valley!

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Re:New version available for Mystery Valley - November 8, 2010

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 8, 10 7:02 PM
This new version should help many users who were experiencing Access Violations. If you were experiencing an Access Violation with the game, please uninstall and reinstall Mystery Valley, then restart the game using a new player name.

We are still looking into the Access Violation issue as not 100% of the access violations encountered may be resolved by this update. If after uninstalling and reinstalling you still receive an Access Violation, please send an email to Customer Support along with a Dr. Felix report so we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to still contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

-bfgOkeechobee

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 8, 10 7:08 PM
I loaded the game to demo it (haven't done so yet) a few days ago, but no update is being shown in the game manager, either automatically or manually.

Should I uninstall/reinstall it just to be sure I have the newest version?

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 8, 10 7:16 PM
genkicoll wrote:I loaded the game to demo it (haven't done so yet) a few days ago, but no update is being shown in the game manager, either automatically or manually.

Should I uninstall/reinstall it just to be sure I have the newest version?
I'd uninstall and reinstall to ensure you have the version we put up this evening. This was not set as a critical update, so it wouldn't show in the Game Manager.

bfgOkeechobee

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Nov 8, 10 7:31 PM
Thank you, Okee, reinstalling now~

So glad I waited to demo this!

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Nov 8, 10 9:14 PM
genkicoll wrote:Thank you, Okee, reinstalling now~

So glad I waited to demo this!
You are very welcome, genkicoll! I just played the hour trial myself, couldn't stop and the hour snuck right up on me! I think I may put this on my 'play through' list! Although I've got to finish the Mystery Legends: Phantom of the Opera and the Mystery Trackers: The Void first!!

[Post New]by lorainefrances on Dec 17, 10 4:59 PM
i'M STUCK AT THE ELEVATOR WHERE THE BOOK SAYS i NEED FOUR FUSES (WHICH i HAVE) AND THE SCREEN BELOW THE ELEVATOR SAYS i NEED 5 FUSES? Where oh where is the last fuse.

[Post New]by Starwink on Jan 21, 12 9:44 PM
When I freed Daniel and he got the straw to light the torches, before I get there the fire blows out and it says running too fast will blow the fire out. I didn't run, I promise. Seriously how do I get the fire to stay lit?

hugo12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by hugo12 on Jan 28, 13 10:58 AM
lorainefrances wrote:i'M STUCK AT THE ELEVATOR WHERE THE BOOK SAYS i NEED FOUR FUSES (WHICH i HAVE) AND THE SCREEN BELOW THE ELEVATOR SAYS i NEED 5 FUSES? Where oh where is the last fuse.

hugo12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by hugo12 on Jan 28, 13 11:44 AM
lorainefrances wrote:i'M STUCK AT THE ELEVATOR WHERE THE BOOK SAYS i NEED FOUR FUSES (WHICH i HAVE) AND THE SCREEN BELOW THE ELEVATOR SAYS i NEED 5 FUSES? Where oh where is the last fuse.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 28, 13 12:11 PM
Hi hugo12,

If you're having trouble with the fuses at the elevator, too, it might help to check out our walkthrough. It goes through the whole game and shows where everything is and how to solve all the puzzles. Just click the link below to be taken right there:

Mystery Valley Walkthrough

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: