ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Comments and Reviews: DD, November 9, 2010

[Post New]by ajuma on Nov 9, 10 12:08 AM
I demoed this game for the "I'm Bored" Challenge thread and this was my review:

Dr. Daisy Pet Vet Cute premise...you're just out of vet school and raring to go. You get a job in a vet office taking care of pets.

The problem with this game is that it gets too hard too fast. You've got pets with fleas....which spread to other pets if not taken care of right away, you've got pets with a "blue funk" which is highly contageous (can't spell that word!) and they need to be treated in a separate room from the other pets and you have to wash your hands after treating them (shouldn't she be doing that ANYWAY???)

Not good for adults OR kids!!

If you're a FAST TM player, you might like this one...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews: DD, November 9, 2010

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 9, 10 9:17 AM
Just one comment or review??? Is everyone at Faunasphere getting their 3 eggs for 3 card punches (- that's where I was... lol).

Played half the demo and haven't decided yet. It's taking me several tries to succeed in each level, but so far it has just required dealing with 2 patients at once when convenient, and clicking ahead a bit on routine stuff. Since getting too hard too fast is what ajuma noted, I want to play the rest of the demo and see how that goes.

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 9:17:38 AM PST

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Nov 9, 10 10:50 AM
I will not be going near this one, it is just too chaotic.

Like it has been said that things get too hard with too many contagious diseases.
I think that the cartoon style nature might at first glances seem like it is aimed more for children, but I think it is a bit too hard for children but it seems too cutesy for adults....So who is this aimed at exactly??

A good idea for a TM game but one that just gets frustrating far too quickly.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 9, 10 11:45 AM
I'm buying this one. I played nearly the whole demo, and I'm surprised *some* aren't saying "too easy" - not that I was trying for expert or anything. I advanced to the second location and type of animals, and was a couple levels into that at the end of the demo. I did not find it terribly hectic, and I did not select the coffee upgrade - but did select the better shoes when they were offered later. So I think it's just a matter of being in sync with what you have to focus on to play this and meet the goals.

The thing with the contagious blue and flea-ridden animals is always move them away from the other types in between whatever else you're doing. You only have to move them to the check-in desk really, and 2 of the same type (2 blue, or 2 flea) can't infect each other. The vet is only contagious when she turns blue, so that's when you have to have her go to the sink to wash. The game didn't allow me to cancel actions as far as I could see, but was often somewhat forgiving when the vet moved an animal while she was contagious.

The other key is probably chaining actions. If you get in 4 blue animals, you may have to scramble a little to get them situated away from the non-blue animals, but then you can examine all 4 of them before treating all 4 of them, and that likely helps.

There's also the treat dispenser. You can pick and choose the order of your patients, so that you can work on 2 similar ailments at the same time, by always giving a treat to the patient with the fewest hearts. The hearts don't indicate their overall health, just their patience, so the worst that happens (so far at least) is they leave. I think during the hour I only had a couple of them leave, and that did not mean I lost the level.

(By the way, I went back and played Faunasphere some more - I made some friends quickly with my first profile, so I was shown around a little by "following" them. But I created a second profile using a different email address, in order to have one with no friends so I could just explore on my own and not think about that. It reminds me of Wandering Willows .)

Edited on 11/09/2010 at 11:59:07 AM PST

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Nov 9, 10 12:35 PM
I bought this game a long time ago, and have enjoyed it. It's cute. It has upgrades to help with the hetic vet visits. I don't like things to hetic, but this one was OK. I have played it many many times. I think for $2.99 it's a cute game.

[Post New]by PyraSanada on Nov 10, 10 8:07 AM
The graphics are passable. But the game play itself, sucks. Others have already pointed out what's wrong with the game. I like to consider myself addicted to Time Management games, but this is definitely not going on my list of games I'd ever play again, even if I was bored to death.

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Nov 10, 10 9:18 AM

ginnegames -

Thabk you for the helpful tips on how to play this game.

I bought it as well.

Go to: