bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mahjongg Platinum 4

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 9, 10 9:40 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mahjongg Platinum 4? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mahjongg Platinum 4

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 10, 10 6:31 AM
I don't love Mahjong games, but I don't hate them either. I can usually at least play through the demo. I couldn't with this one. The highly pixelated graphics and non intuitive controls make this seem like a very old game that was ported to the Mac.

Pro
Lots of choices - tiles, backgrounds, layouts
You can create your own tiles and layouts

Con
Every layout and background is tilted - it's uncomfortable playing with your head tilted
The tiles seem to be out of focus - and no it's not my glases
The control button icons are confusing - you have to click on Options to quit
It takes 6 clicks to quit the game
Doesn't work with Command Q

[Post New]by CliffFan on Nov 11, 10 12:36 AM
i agree with you RyeMcLaughlin
I bought the game but like you found the controls etc a little off
hate that you have to keep clicking to exit the game
i even tried using 2D rather than 3D in the game i am rather disappointed in this game and normally i like mahjongg games
i thought it was my eyesight at 1st but it isn't/wasn't
am glad i didn't pay for it as it was via coupon so really was a freebie

bobbiejo2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiejo2 on Nov 11, 10 7:34 AM
I love Mahjong games and bought this one. While the game has good potential, the tiles appear small and far away. Does anyone know if this can be corrected? I switched from 3D to 2D and there was slight improvement.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 11, 10 11:49 AM
tried a couple of mahjong games and really enjoyed them... but I cannot get my head round this one !!
Played the trial and after 60 mins I still did not know what I was doing !
Really confusing,, or am I stupid ????
Anyone else had problems ?

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Nov 19, 10 4:29 PM
I love mah jongg games but this one is awful. I only made it 12 minutes into the demo and quit and deleted it. It's very difficult to see the tiles - they're tilted, out of focus and very hard to determine which tiles are available and which aren't. My eyes were hurting and was starting to get a headache from it. I can't believe BF would OK garbage like this for their customers. Shame on you Felix!!!!

[Post New]by onlykathyg on Jun 19, 11 2:52 PM
I like this game all right, however there are no instructions on how to play the different games. Is there any place to go to learn the rules for each?

Go to: