bfgFlounder
Moderator
Moderator
12,864 Posts

A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 10, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to an adventure of magnetic proportions! Using a small magnet, solve physics-based puzzles that will stretch your gray matter in ways you never imagined. Once you learn to utilize the magnetic force of your little hero, you'll be able to manipulate a variety of mechanisms, all of which are holding a totem you need in order to protect your world. Open safes, repair clocks and activate teleporters in this innovative Puzzle game, and go on A Magnetic Adventure!

 

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 10, 10 3:57 AM
oy what an irritation so early in the morning. This is so spatially designed that my little artist brain is aching to figure it out and my patience is done. The Circular maze got me. This little game would be ok if only there was a skip button...it needs it badly. Some of us just don't have certain brain skills (or patience) to fight with some games. Give us oldies a break, devs, we're the ones who are more liklely to buy!
Other than the frustration, it was fun at a B level. Because there is nothing else in the offering by BFG I even downloaded it. Boy, the pickings are sparse here recently!
kris

 
jim48
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by jim48 on Nov 10, 10 8:38 AM
its very slow to load and extreeeeeemly jumpy ..... help!!!

 
yogibear2
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by yogibear2 on Nov 10, 10 8:47 AM
There needs to be a Cheat Guide to the Levels or a Skip button or something if you get too frustrated like I did. Glad I did not buy it before trying it.

 
Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by Alrydian on Nov 10, 10 8:48 AM
It's certainly my type of game, and I'm quite enjoying it so far. If anything I'm finding it a little bit too easy, I got as far as the circular maze in the first 30 minutes of the demo. I'm thinking I may very well buy it using my credit, but hope I don't complete it too quickly (I'm in my fifty's, sorry if anyone older is finding it hard).
Anyway, it's a pretty good fun puzzle thanks

 
debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 10, 10 10:56 AM
My brain knows what to do in this game, but my eye-hand coordination is not obeying. Find it simply hard moving the objects around with the mouse as I tend to pull too much or too little. I like figuring out the solutions, but get frustrated with actually moving the stuff. So I don't think this will be a buy for me even though I tend to like these types of physics-based puzzle games.

 

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by jancheyenne on Nov 10, 10 1:44 PM
Alrydian wrote:It's certainly my type of game, and I'm quite enjoying it so far. If anything I'm finding it a little bit too easy, I got as far as the circular maze in the first 30 minutes of the demo. I'm thinking I may very well buy it using my credit, but hope I don't complete it too quickly (I'm in my fifty's, sorry if anyone older is finding it hard).
Anyway, it's a pretty good fun puzzle thanks


I am much older than you, and I also am finding it a little too easy, but fascinating nevertheless. Is there some way we can figure out how many more levels there are? I just completed the 60 minute trial andI am on the second map. (And because I am older I can't remember if it said how many maps there are.) I am thinking of gifting the game to my almost 6 year old grandson. He is a pretty smart little kid and may enjoy this a lot. Good, unique game. But my poor old hands do get quite tense trying to get all the moving parts to move where they should when they should. 4 stars

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 10, 10 1:46 PM
There are 50 puzzles in the game.

 

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by jancheyenne on Nov 10, 10 1:48 PM
Thanks! That seems like enough to go ahead and use one of my three credits from last month. (I would like to try to break my record of three credits and get to four one of these months!)

 
obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by obrien60 on Nov 10, 10 2:31 PM
This game is almost diabolical. It is so innocent and innocuous looking, but some of the puzzles are darn hard, lol. The hint system is not helpful, and there is no skip, but I like it. 50 puzzles seems kinda short, but I notice they get crazier as you go on so hopefully it is worth the money. I am going to take the plunge!

 
Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by Alrydian on Nov 10, 10 2:53 PM
Thanks Jan, and yes it does get harder, I'm on the fourth circle and finding I have to do a lot more thinking to figure it out, but great I'm loving it.

 

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by beasleybee on Nov 11, 10 12:52 PM
I am extremely disappointed by this game. Whilst I enjoyed actually playing it I completed it in less than 2 hours and I'm by no means a genius! The end screen doesn't seem to actually end and take you back to the menu so you're not sure that you have actually done it. If you go back to the main menu and look at the map, unless I am missing something, it still shows the last point on the map as unfinished. I find that very annoying.

I don't think you would ever play it more than twice so I am really regretting using a credit on this.

 
cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by cnmoore on Nov 11, 10 4:33 PM
I loved this game.

At 6.99 for 50 puzzles - actually I make it 45 by counting the ones on the map - it would be 35 cents per puzzle.

But I don't go by bulk, just by how much I like the game and I really liked this one. Since for me it's one of those "can't stop playing it" games, if it were any longer I'd still be playing it and real life would be terribly neglected.

 

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by rowanbear on Nov 11, 10 8:53 PM
I am having problems with "Just one hit". I get to where the key is at the button and the gear sitting near the exit, but I can't figure how to get the gear out. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 12, 10 4:16 AM
rowanbear wrote:I am having problems with "Just one hit". I get to where the key is at the button and the gear sitting near the exit, but I can't figure how to get the gear out. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
I have posted a video of how to solve this on youtube. You can find it by searching for A Magnetic Adventure Just One Hit on youtube.

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 3:30:29 AM PST


 

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by rowanbear on Nov 12, 10 3:27 PM
LizzieK wrote:
rowanbear wrote:I am having problems with "Just one hit". I get to where the key is at the button and the gear sitting near the exit, but I can't figure how to get the gear out. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
I have posted a video of how to solve this on youtube.


Thanks

 

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by ellojello22 on Nov 16, 10 5:23 PM
yogibear2 wrote:There needs to be a Cheat Guide to the Levels or a Skip button or something if you get too frustrated like I did. Glad I did not buy it before trying it.

I tried it, bought it and got mind numbingly stuck on level 15. I'm going nuts people, NUTS!!!

 
LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 17, 10 8:28 AM
ellojello22 wrote:
yogibear2 wrote:There needs to be a Cheat Guide to the Levels or a Skip button or something if you get too frustrated like I did. Glad I did not buy it before trying it.

I tried it, bought it and got mind numbingly stuck on level 15. I'm going nuts people, NUTS!!!
There is not a walkthrough for this game on Big Fish but there is a walkthrough. You can find it by doing a google search for the name of the game and the word walkthrough.

Good luck!

 
 
 
 
Go to: