bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to A Magnetic Adventure forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 10, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to A Magnetic Adventure forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other A Magnetic Adventure players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Macazzar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Welcome to A Magnetic Adventure forum

[Post New]by Macazzar on Nov 10, 10 2:21 AM
This game is loads of fun - You use a magnet to manipulate items out of mazes, open locks and solve puzzles. Really nice graphics and I enjoyed the music too. The demo went by in a flash.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 10, 10 3:58 AM
oy what an irritation so early in the morning. This is so spatially designed that my little artist brain is aching to figure it out and my patience is done. The Circular maze got me. This little game would be ok if only there was a skip button...it needs it badly. Some of us just don't have certain brain skills (or patience) to fight with some games. Give us oldies a break, devs, we're the ones who are more liklely to buy!
Other than the frustration, it was fun at a B level. Because there is nothing else in the offering by BFG I even downloaded it. Boy, the pickings are sparse here recently!
kris

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 10, 10 5:09 AM
Well, I was REALLY intrigued by this game. Seriously considered using a coupon on this, but.....as earlier posters said, holding down the mouse button continuously and no skip button mean I'll probably pass. I got as far as the "flashlight" puzzle. Devs, that was diabolical! I never enjoyed this sort of thing even in an earlier MCF game (Prime Suspects ??), and I surely didn't enjoy it here! A skip button would have been very welcome, for sure.

All that said, the entire time I was playing the game I found myself thinking that this would be a PERFECT game for the engineer husband of a dear friend. Any fishies with engineer significant others, who have been wishing for a way to entice her/him into the pond, this could be the game for you! Very reminiscent of the earlier "Crazy Machines", but more forgiving. I purchased CM, shortly after purchase hit a level I just couldn't solve, and have never played again - which is why this will be a miss for me! But if you liked that game, by all means at least give the demo on this a try. Aside from the above-mentioned issues, this is a very well-designed, visually appealing game. I will be interested to hear the opinions of other fishies.

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Nov 10, 10 5:12 AM
I really like the concept - it is a fun mix of brainteaser and manual dexterity! Great production values, and really something different.

But, after demoing, my wrist hurt from all of the dragging, so no buy for me. But try it for sure!

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Nov 10, 10 5:57 AM
Really needs a skip button. I also got to the maze and after 20 mins of that my wrist was hurting. If it had a skip button I would have bought it. But I'm not one to sit for hours trying to pull on a circle just hoping the little ball will bounce into the slot by blind luck.

[Post New]by Clammy79 on Nov 10, 10 6:07 AM
I am really enjoying this game, but I am stuck on the slipgate. skip button would be good or better hints please. and if anyone can help with the slip gate I ould be very greatful
thanks

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 10, 10 6:49 AM
I doubt I will buy this game, because like other fishies already said, it doesn`t have a skip button and I get also tired after a while to hold my mouse the hole playing time. I will pass on this one

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by kiminee on Nov 10, 10 7:07 AM
I *totally* love this game, bummed that it doesn't have more levels! THANK YOU for something new & fresh & interesting!!!! Wish more people were on the "buy" list as would love to see more interesting games like this more frequently.

Completely tired of little else but HOGs on here lately, even under puzzle and brainteaser categories ~ an HOG is an HOG, after all, no matter if it does include other welcome elements, and a good non-junkpile HOG is always nice, I just so *really* appreciate seeing this excellent little gem that's NOT an HOG!

Great original thinking here - kudos to developers!

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Nov 10, 10 7:11 AM
LOVE this game, but its too short. I was about done with the third circle by the time the demo ran out. Generally I won't buy anything that I half finish during the demo, but I'll consider this one because it is so fun and unique.

This is a great twist on logic puzzle games.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Nov 10, 10 7:11 AM
Wow, I came to this forum having played the hour demo and fully expecting to be in the minority, but I am so pleased to find some people saying exactly what I was thinking. I too got to the flashlight puzzle, and thought 'I could sit here for 24 hours solid and probably still not solve this one. Oh for a Skip button'. In addition, my wrist and mouse finger are aching like mad!

If only that Skip button was there, this fishie might be a credit lighter.... Oh well.

Edited on 11/10/2010 at 7:13:19 AM PST

[Post New]by oceanloverOH on Nov 10, 10 7:27 AM
Thanks to all for the heads up about having to hold down the mouse button for extended periods. I have arthritis in my wrists and I would have been hurting for days if I had tried the demo!

[Post New]by chris122049 on Nov 10, 10 8:33 AM
Wow! What a different type game! A refreshing change! Yes, you have to hold the mouse down quite a lot and I have arthritus but it wasn't that bad. I just had to be careful not to subconsiously push down hard (pushing harder doesn't do anything) Plus I have a logitech mouse with the ball worked by the thumb which really helps ......... I don't have to move the whole mouse all the time.

But I really enjoyed the puzzles. I wonder how long it is? In half an hour, I got to the 4th element..........I don't think I've hit the flashlight one yet.....the maze was fine with me but the screwdriver drove me nuts trying to swing that thing around.

Does anyone know how long this one is?

Welcome to A Magnetic Adventure forum

[Post New]by ManuelaAnna on Nov 10, 10 8:46 AM
Can anyone tell me, how long the game is? Thanks.

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on Nov 10, 10 9:02 AM
It's a great fun puzzle game, wish there was more games like this. The only downside is as others have said, it is a little too easy and I've nearly completed half the puzzles during the demo. But a great game, I will probably buy it, and would certainly recommend it if you like these types of games.
More similar games please

[Post New]by heidizie on Nov 10, 10 9:35 AM
Please help. I'm stuck on the same circle with the flashlight - the level called "missing gear" with the gear in a box and the lock in a box. I understand moving the lever back an forth opens the boxes but I'm having trouble placing the gear so that I can get the key to the lock. Any suggestions??

[Post New]by heidizie on Nov 10, 10 9:56 AM
Never mind - I didn't realize the handle was metal!! Too easy

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Nov 10, 10 10:20 AM
I usually don't get into puzzle games but I really enjoyed this one. You really have to use your logic skills to figure out what to do and in what order to do it. But as many fishies have said the game is short I don't think I'll buy it. I'm holding out for the new MCF!

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Nov 10, 10 11:10 AM
How many people does it take to change the freaking light bulb??? Certainly not me, how in the world do you do it, the hint didnt even help

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Nov 10, 10 11:17 AM
Very cute, unique game. Enjoyably frustrating! ha ha. Played the demo & most likely will purchase via funds or credit. Graphics are nice, as well as the sound effects. Music is fine, but I normally turn it down or off. The puzzles IMO, do not seem difficult to logically figure out. The challenge seems to be in getting the objects to do as you command, which can be tricky. I agree with others, that the only down side, is that the finger gets tired and a bit sore. I find myself having to pause and give my finger a rest here and there.

Over all though, I enjoy puzzle games and brain teasers, and I think the concept of this game is fun.

Go to: