bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Legend of the Golden Tome

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 10, 10 12:05 AM
Go on an exciting journey through the Druid lands and save The Golden Tome of knowledge and magic in this Match 3 game! Containing all of the Druids’ knowledge that has been collected for six centuries, The Golden Tome must be protected from those greedy villains who would use its power for evil! Help Aidan explore mystic locations and locate the legendary tablet in The Legend of the Golden Tome!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:The Legend of the Golden Tome

[Post New]by LilyCat on Nov 10, 10 12:41 AM
Well.

I've been looking out for a new Match 3 game for a while, to make a change from Caribbean Hideaway which IMHO is the best M3 ever, but I've played it through so many times. Well, this isn't it.

You start off with a long spiel from a wizard character, which I skipped. Then there's a Hidden Object scene, very misty and faint, almost monochrome, with objects so hard to find that I resorted to random clicking and use of hints as quickly as they refilled.

Ah, now for the M3 bit! Nice looking graphics, stonies which look like M&Ms - nice! Oh, but, you can't drag them, you have to click twice - that's a no buy already for me I'm afraid.

Two or three quick screens of moving candy around and it's back to the HOG. Easy this time - it's the same picture, but different objects superimposed in unlikely places.

Back to the M3 - a couple more screens then....

I'm deleting and off to buy a pack of M&Ms.....

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Nov 10, 10 2:25 AM
A cute & simple game - I probably won't bother to purchase it, but it's entertaining for about 30 minutes.

One comment for the developer (and hopefully he reads his comments here): Having a limited number of lives in a game sort of went out of fashion with the mullet. It properly belongs in games from about the 80's - definitely not something I care to see in games I'm even considering purchasing (even if I didn't lose a single live - as I said, cute & simple).

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Nov 10, 10 2:47 AM
There's no relaxed or untimed mode so no buy for me.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Nov 10, 10 4:21 AM
I didn't like this one from the very beginning because the graphics were very murky. Then the first thing to do is find hidden objects that were SO tiny, I had to use hints to find them, waiting for it to recharge.

The match-3 play was boring and unimaginative. Even if it got more challenging, it's not much of a game.

I only played about 10 minutes of the game and couldn't take it any more, and I usually love match-3 games.

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Nov 10, 10 5:56 AM
When I did my initial review and comment in that section, I failed to comment like Goofyduck did about not being able to not have a custom cursor. Carolinacat and I are in perfect agreement about this game. I wonder, if you get to play the Classic style after the 2 stages in the beginning of the game, that is where the untimed mode comes into play.

Restarting The Legend of the Golden Tome

[Post New]by mscraftyone on Dec 9, 10 5:59 PM
I need to know how to restart the whole game - back to sign in area. I want to replay it but everytime I uninstall and reinstall it picks up where I left off. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by ecunliffe on Dec 18, 10 1:27 PM
Afraid I have to disagree with the prior blogs. I found this game challenging as you run out of power ups in later stages and the stages get more and more difficult. I failed to make the last two games each time I tried and now on the third time through I am at the last two again with no power ups bur 13 lives left.No problems with the hidden objects although if you lose lives and/or start again it's the same objects in the same place which gets to be a bore. No problems dragging rather than clicking so maybe there's been an upgrade.

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on Jan 27, 11 1:47 AM
Has anyone finished the game? - PM me

I don't want to spoil it for the rest

BTW - the whole game was untimed

Edited on 01/27/2011 at 1:48:30 AM PST

[Post New]by dirkbob on May 17, 11 7:19 AM
Snap and drag??????nothing drags...nothing snaps!!!!! this game doesn't even have a HELP button This game is a piece of crap and a ripoff designed by halfwits!

[Post New]by fabunique1 on Feb 4, 12 4:28 AM
Please help me??!!!??? I jst startd the gme. Now I am at the first heart symbol on the board. i manged to win the heart, then i get the symbols the T and O which i know do amazing things but my problem is the level wont finish when i have already covered all the squares with green felt. I am left with T and O on the board but my past levels completed with those tiles left. I cant seem to get the level to end before I run out of time I even break all the chains and still cant conclude...Please tell me what to do????

Supernerd
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Supernerd on Oct 14, 13 1:23 AM
You also need to fill up the colour dials on the right hand of the screen before you can go any further.

Go to: