peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 10, 10 7:45 AM
I tried this for a little while, as I was desperate to try a new game this week. Sorry folks, but it seems like a childrens game. My grandchildren would love it.
Enjoy all that buy it.

Edited on 11/10/2010 at 9:23:28 AM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Magnetic Adventure

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 10, 10 9:23 AM
Thanks for starting this thread up peglegann! I'm going to go ahead and sticky this at the top of the Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

pal1953
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by pal1953 on Nov 10, 10 10:59 AM
Absolutly Ingenius!!! I loved this game!!! It is not a childrens game (unless your child is very, very good at logical thinking) it is more along the lines of 'Mummy Maze' or 'Lemmings' where you need to think a few steps ahead. The game was very well made and graphics are wonderful. I did purchase and it is about 4 hours long. Two big thumbs up from me!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 10, 10 1:33 PM
I love puzzle games and this one is really FUN! It has 50 levels and I wish it had 100. The physics of the game are excellent. The puzzles are imaginative. I love the variety. Most of the puzzles are about medium difficulty but there are a few that require a good bit of pondering.

It has a simple little story to give the puzzles purpose. The jazz music is pleasant and I did not find it annoying as I solved the puzzles.

The only negative is that there is no skip for the puzzles. There is a hint button that is available after it charges. I feel that if you ask for a hint that you have already been working on the puzzle for a while and you should not have to wait. The hint button gives you a clue for the next move but does not solve the puzzle for you. The hint clues are not always crystal clear in showing you what exactly to do next. After using a hint, if you want another one you have to wait for it to charge up again.

Over all I enjoyed the game and I hope they create another one that is twice as long.

Edited on 11/10/2010 at 2:35:38 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 10, 10 1:35 PM
wow thanks for telling me the length .. i was thinking of buying but was reading it wasnt very long after the demo...i got to 2 puzzles after the flaslight puzzle.....could you tell me about how long i have left

SANDY1957
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SANDY1957 on Nov 10, 10 1:41 PM
I found this game a breath of fresh air from match 3 games, hidden objects and etc... been waiting for this for a long time...it may seem childish but I found it as I said refreshing...thanks bfg..bring on another one..

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 10, 10 2:29 PM
I played 50 minutes of this demo, and I like it . The levels aren't timed, and the music track, aesthetics, and difficulty seem to be all about keeping it relaxing and upbeat.

About the difficulty, the puzzles are *interesting* and fresh, and I think that's somewhat the point - just something to keep your brain busy with something pleasant, rather than with worry or stress or whatever other negative pursuits your mind tries to get into.

If you're interested enough to have read these forum posts, you're probably interested enough to go ahead and try it. It's unique, so that's really the only way you'll know. - Unless, of course, you are looking for something really challenging or an adrenaline rush.

Update:

I bought the game and had some tech issues just on the last level. See the Tech Issues topic for what I said about that - I did resolve it, it seems, and got to the end of the game just fine.

One bit of good news is that I found I really didn't mind playing the levels over again - I still enjoyed it.

I think I'm ready for the next 50 levels now , but I'm willing to wait long enough for the developers to figure out how to keep it "fresh" - mostly just meaning some more new interesting mechanisms, and not just all the same ones again.

Some of the levels do get tricky, but the only one I found at all tedious was the last one - and maybe a couple of the map puzzles to a lesser extent. I did not feel stuck though, although I was starting to wonder how long it would take me to get thru that last one.

The explanation you get for the shells with keys in them puzzle wasn't as helpful as it could have been, and didn't seem to match what I saw in the puzzle exactly, but once you play around with it a little, it's not too complicated and it's a fun level.

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 6:26:11 PM PST

Four20
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Four20 on Nov 10, 10 3:06 PM
This is a great thinking game. As for the comment that this is a children s game, I wish my kids were this smart the levels get very challenging.

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Nov 10, 10 4:07 PM
Thanks for something different! I'm really enjoying it and plan on buying.

Gothic1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gothic1 on Nov 10, 10 6:35 PM
Enjoyed playing the demo. Was going to buy it until just before the demo was completed, I was faced with a flashlight (darkness) screen puzzle. That did it for me. I like puzzles but not in the dark. HOGs with flashlight scenes are okay, puzzles uh uh

[Post New]by puglette404 on Nov 10, 10 7:35 PM
I really enjoyed this little game. it is very deceiving, looks simple but a lot of fun! gothic1, i hope you give it another try, the flashlight puzzle was not too hard and it is the only one. certainly not enough to give the whole game a thumbs down based on one small portion of the whole.

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on Nov 10, 10 7:44 PM
Wonderful! Bought it as soon as the demo was over.

Not all that easy, I keep getting stuck. But I love it.

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on Nov 10, 10 8:21 PM
Gothic1 wrote:Enjoyed playing the demo. Was going to buy it until just before the demo was completed, I was faced with a flashlight (darkness) screen puzzle. That did it for me. I like puzzles but not in the dark. HOGs with flashlight scenes are okay, puzzles uh uh

I didn't think I'd ever get through this one - the flashlight is so awkward and the darkness is claustrophobic - but I stuck with it and finally I made it!

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Nov 10, 10 10:05 PM
Hats off to BF for offering something different from HOGs, Adventures, TMs, and M3s. This is one interesting game. Something to give us oldsters (and the younger set also) something to out of the ordinary to exercise the gray matter on. I would love to see more Puzzle Games. The last really good one was Eden's Quest - The Hunt for Akura.

Marty

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Nov 11, 10 7:18 AM
Super game; refreshingly different from the norm. Not frustratingly hard, but just enough to get your cogs working and feel pleased that you have worked it out!

Nothing I didn't like about it really.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 11, 10 4:21 PM
LizzieK wrote:I love puzzle games and this one is really FUN! It has 50 levels and I wish it had 100. The physics of the game are excellent.

Thanks LizzieK for your comments especially info on the length. This is a terrific game for anyone any age who enjoys the challenge. I'm 60 and I had a great time! On my way to Buy Now.
The comments about aching wrist, arm etc., I get that! But as one reviewer pointed out, pressing harder doesn't help! TYVM for that reminder! I stopped pressing so hard, concentrated on relaxing my arm, and released the mouse button frequently. Worked for me, pains subsided.
The maze was fun and much easier once I figured out 'bouncing' it by releasing button frequently. I was out of that maze in no time!
I am so glad we got a game like this. I hope puzzle-lovers find their way to it, at least for the trial.
Happy Gaming to All.
Kellie

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Nov 12, 10 1:28 AM
Very enjoyable change of game play with excellent puzzles. Loved it, but the game ended too soon.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 12, 10 10:26 AM
first let me say that this game is definitely different! a great puzzle game meant to tease those little grey cells into overdrive...

the tutorial section in this game is actually part of the fun... the cute little magnet that takes you through all the things you need to know is never grating or intrusive - he just says 'here's something to try' and pretty much lets you figure it out while occasionally dropping a hint like 'gee, that's made out of wood' to get you thinking outside the box... and there are only a few of those before you start collecting maps...

then the real fun begins... moving the totems through their respective "hoops" to get them in their proper places is as fun as it is challenging... some of the puzzles may border on frustrating, but once the light bulb comes on - wow! it is so rewarding to finally master them... and each one is different, featuring metal and wooden parts, doors and locks to open, and crazy mechanisms to figure out and disarm...

there might not be any hidden objects, any weird scientists doing strange experiments, any lost civilization to discover, any beloved relatives lost in a parallel dimension or altered time-state... but there are plenty of challenging puzzles that you can tackle at your own pace again and again...

for something new and refreshing!

i'm just positively drawn to it!

asthenia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by asthenia on Nov 12, 10 11:06 AM
This game was fantastic! I just loved it. Not too hard, so you get stuck, but not too easy either. I was addicted immediatley. Too bad it wasn't longer This is the kind of game that could have had 200 levels and you'd never get bored!

Does anyone have any tips on other games like this? I want mooore!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 12, 10 2:08 PM
asthenia wrote:This game was fantastic! I just loved it. Not too hard, so you get stuck, but not too easy either. I was addicted immediatley. Too bad it wasn't longer This is the kind of game that could have had 200 levels and you'd never get bored!

Does anyone have any tips on other games like this? I want mooore!!

I love puzzle games too. Here are some puzzle games that I have played but they are not exactly the same. They do require sort of the same kind of logical thinking.

(On Big Fish)
Dale Hardshovel and The Bloomstone Mystery
Chime Spirits
Professor Fizzwizzle
Professor Fizzwizzle and the Molten Mystery
Rooms The Main Building

(not on Big Fish)
Vizati
Puzzle Dimension

Someone else mentioned that World of Goo and Nanda's Island are similar to this game.

Edited on 11/12/2010 at 2:12:41 PM PST

Go to: