bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any The Legend of the Golden Tome technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 10, 10 8:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any The Legend of the Golden Tome technical issues here only

[Post New]by Andymack50 on Nov 10, 10 2:56 PM
I have downloaded the game twice and when I press play I get this message "Can't create directx device make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements" .
I have done this and everything is okay. Help

jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by jujus1a on Nov 10, 10 3:17 PM
I have also received the same message Cannot create DirectX. My computer IS able to create Direct X.
This is the first time I have ever seen this message.

Have a great day swimming everyone

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 10, 10 3:53 PM
Hey Fishies,

It may help to update Direct X in your system to resolve this particular error message. You can do this by clicking on the following link:

Direct X

If this still doesn't resolve the issue for you, please get in touch with a Tech rep by clicking on the green envelope to the right. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

muttnutt
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by muttnutt on Nov 10, 10 5:00 PM
I am also getting that msg, have gone to direct x and downloaded update, uninstalled ,re-installed, rebooted. I am continuing to get the message! help, would really like to try this game.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Nov 10, 10 8:36 PM
After playing this game for a few minutes, all the information boxes (the ones with instructions, words) came up blank. The game kept going but all the boxes where there was typing were blank. Anyone else?

owlgirl61
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by owlgirl61 on Nov 11, 10 10:22 AM
Just been playing a further 5 minutes (already played 25 earlier today) when the graphics went crazy. The boxes containing pictures of the hidden objects and text boxes just showed shapes. Fortunately I remembered where the menu and exit buttons were so was able to exit.

Technical problems

[Post New]by KryHoo on Nov 14, 10 4:23 PM
I recommend to install the DirectX 9.0c. It should solve most of the technical problems.

I downloaded the game but all I got was a black page with a black curser.

[Post New]by bevyan12000 on Dec 14, 10 1:41 PM
owlgirl61 wrote:Just been playing a further 5 minutes (already played 25 earlier today) when the graphics went crazy. The boxes containing pictures of the hidden objects and text boxes just showed shapes. Fortunately I remembered where the menu and exit buttons were so was able to exit.

Go to: