bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any A Magnetic Adventure technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 10, 10 9:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

rlppep
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any A Magnetic Adventure technical issues here only

[Post New]by rlppep on Nov 10, 10 11:13 AM
I had the same problem with the game flashing and all you could hear was music, as the poster further down in the forum. However, with the poster that have sore wrists and fingers, it isn't worth pursuing for me.

[Post New]by iluvmy3s on Nov 10, 10 1:23 PM
Same problem here. Can't get it to work, and I'm a little sad cause it looked like a really fun game. Oh well....

[Post New]by aliceplusn on Nov 10, 10 5:54 PM
I had the same problem. It took me about 30 min of the trial to figure out if you take off full screen, it stops and you can play. Wish I could have the 30 min back. It was fun while it lasted.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Nov 10, 10 6:46 PM
only flashed and wouldn't load properly - no game is worth messing with - there are two many that work right

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Nov 12, 10 5:44 AM
Love the game. BUT:
Got to the 'shell game' level where you need to move all the balls around to find the 4 with the keys.
After about 1 minute I lose control of the cursor. I can usually get 2 shells/balls to the upper left but then the cursor develops a mind of its own and I have to go to Task Manager to shuit down the game.

I have reported this to CS but have little hope.

zendnez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by zendnez on Nov 12, 10 7:51 AM
I have the same flashing problem described by others. This is on a 21.5" iMac (Late 2009) with up-to-date drivers, including the latest ATI Catalyst drivers (October 2010 release).

Running the game in windowed mode resolves the flashing issue.

The game is consistently freezing on the "light the light bulbs" level on which balls have to be rotated to route power to bulbs.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 15, 10 11:10 AM
My game's run perfectly till the level after the totems where you enter the code for the teleport with the gear mechanism. It crashed twice on that level. I haven't done *any* troubleshooting yet - not even a reboot yet - just was first checking the forums to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Update: Rebooting my computer didn't change the problem. So I uninstalled the game, deleted the application data folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Magnet's Story), and reinstalled the game. After that I was able to play thru to the end just fine, except that the game shut down once early on - but quickly and cleanly - I just had to click Play Again in the BFG manager to continue playing.

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 6:04:41 PM PST

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Dec 4, 10 11:40 AM
GG,
I got stuck along the way, at the light bulbs. Closed 3 times and went to the end. Perseverence has its pleasures.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Nov 12, 11 4:33 PM
I know this is a really old post but just in case anyone wants to buy the game in future I wanted to make a note of something I discovered about the flashing problem when trying to load the game. Who knows, maybe it'll help someone and they'll be able to buy if they really want it because it's an awesome little game.

I have always played the game with full screen on 800x600 resolution and it has always worked perfectly. However, last night I had put my res to 1024x768 (I believe) to do some other stuff and then went to play the game and it went haywire with the flashing. Thought it was going to crash. So I did the Ctrl+Alt+Del thing to shut it down and changed the res back to my normal 800x600 and then reloaded the game to perfect working order. No problems since. Hope this helps someone!

[Post New]by gamemood on Jan 2, 12 4:16 AM
Having same issues. I see the BigFish logo, game goes to load, screen flashes, then it crashes back to desktop.

As the above poster suggested, i dropped my resolution down to 800x600 and it did not solve my issue.

I have contacted BigFish technical support, but based on the replies here, i'm less than optimistic.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 17, 12 1:56 AM
This is a great game except the mouse is hard-coded for right-handed people. Makes playing it as a leftie difficult. I usually don't continue playing games that are programmed this way but the game was so different and fun, that I couldn't stop. But because of the mouse, I probably won't buy it. Great game, though!

Go to: