Completed the game

jimmy1027
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Completed the game

[Post New]by jimmy1027 on Nov 10, 10 4:24 PM
If anyone needs any help on any of the puzzles I will do my best to help out!!

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Completed the game

[Post New]by cnmoore on Nov 10, 10 9:01 PM
Can you help with the one named 'A Missing Gear' in the second circle?
I can move the lever, of course. I've tried moving the gear to jam the ratchet but that doesn't work..

Darned if I can see how it's possible to solve.

Sierrra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Sierrra on Nov 10, 10 11:02 PM
I was going nuts with this puzzle until I realised the lever is metal and I didn't need to use the key to move it!

[Post New]by sphinxvictorian on Nov 11, 10 12:52 AM
I still can't figure out the flashlight one on the second circle. I can maneuver the flashlight fairly well, but I can't get that gear to move the gate hardly at all, so that I can remove the key. The hint just shows where the key and lock are, not how to get the gate to move better. I figured out how to press the button with the flashlight, but that's about all I've been able to do. Help!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Completed the game

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 11, 10 6:36 AM
jimmy1027 wrote:If anyone needs any help on any of the puzzles I will do my best to help out!!

How do you turn off the lightbulbs in order to change the one that's burnt out? All I get when I try to push to button is the comment that wood doesn't attract metal. It seems that the magnet is supposed to be atop the button with both ends on it but all I can manage to get the magnet to do is to go sideways.

Suggestions? I'm a-listening!

MEnr56

P.S. BTW, when has a lightbulb ever been metallic?

Edited on 11/11/2010 at 6:37:59 AM PST

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

XX !!SPOILER ALERT!! XX

[Post New]by Alrydian on Nov 11, 10 7:09 AM
XX !!! SPOILER !! XX

The magnet will attract the lightbulbs, use a lightbulb to operate the switch.

P.S The part of a lightbulb that screws into a socket is metal.

Edited on 11/11/2010 at 7:20:35 AM PST

jimmy1027
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jimmy1027 on Nov 11, 10 7:18 AM
sphinxvictorian wrote:I still can't figure out the flashlight one on the second circle. I can maneuver the flashlight fairly well, but I can't get that gear to move the gate hardly at all, so that I can remove the key. The hint just shows where the key and lock are, not how to get the gate to move better. I figured out how to press the button with the flashlight, but that's about all I've been able to do. Help!

Press the button with the flashlight and then you can move the key under the bar thats attached to the gear and then move the key over to the lock. The gear doesnt have to move.

please help with the circular maze!!!

[Post New]by valeriekg on Nov 11, 10 8:26 AM
can someone please explain to me how to complete the circular maze (a-maze-ing)!?!? i can't seem to get into the final tunnel becasue i can't turn the wheel!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

XX !!SPOILER ALERT!! XX

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 11, 10 9:48 AM
Alrydian wrote:XX !!! SPOILER !! XX
The magnet will attract the lightbulbs, use a lightbulb to operate the switch.
P.S The part of a lightbulb that screws into a socket is metal.

THANK YOU -- was successful and got to the area that looked like 3 stalls with a key in one and some metal ball with a red design and the padlock in the other before my time was up BUT did manage to solve it -- after getting myself wedged because I put the metal ball with the red design in the wrong spot and "jammed" it. I clicked on the menu tab (upper right-hand corner) and it has a RESTART button and re-did it and solved the problem. I REALLY like this game -- it's VERY challenging mentally as well as dexterity-wise. As other members mentioned -- was getting tired of HOGs and Match3 games and this is a very intriguing game -- though watch out folks, I may be asking for more help

DEFINITE for me!!
MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

please help with the circular maze!!!

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 11, 10 9:56 AM
valeriekg wrote:can someone please explain to me how to complete the circular maze (a-maze-ing)!?!? i can't seem to get into the final tunnel becasue i can't turn the wheel!

THAT WAS TRICKY -- I was surprised also that I couldn't turn the wheel completely in the direction that I needed to go but what I did is make sure that the ball was at the end of the tunnel and that the tunnel itself was at the top and then I turned the wheel back and forth slowly until I was able to get the ball to drop into that final tunnel. The ball HAS to be placed at the END of that tunnel (at least for me anyway) which will put the tunnel and ball to your right side and then turn the wheel slowly upwards towards the left -- seemed backwards to me but did manage to get the ball out of the maze.

MEnr56

cjMcT
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by cjMcT on Nov 11, 10 10:30 AM
jimmy1027 wrote:
sphinxvictorian wrote:I still can't figure out the flashlight one on the second circle. I can maneuver the flashlight fairly well, but I can't get that gear to move the gate hardly at all, so that I can remove the key. The hint just shows where the key and lock are, not how to get the gate to move better. I figured out how to press the button with the flashlight, but that's about all I've been able to do. Help!

Press the button with the flashlight and then you can move the key under the bar thats attached to the gear and then move the key over to the lock. The gear doesnt have to move.

I'm really loving this game and bought it as soon as the demo was over. I'm stuck on the flashlight puzzle though. I did figure out to hit the red button with the end of the flashlight, but I still can't get the key out. The bar is not moving. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

cjMcT
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by cjMcT on Nov 11, 10 10:35 AM
cjMcT wrote:
jimmy1027 wrote:

I'm really loving this game and bought it as soon as the demo was over. I'm stuck on the flashlight puzzle though. I did figure out to hit the red button with the end of the flashlight, but I still can't get the key out. The bar is not moving. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

LOL...nevermind, just figured it out!

[Post New]by feanas on Nov 11, 10 1:26 PM
I finished this game in a very short time of causal playing. It is really not long enough. I did experiment with the hint button on one of the puzzles and found it will walk you through it if you find a need to. So in all honesty that eliminates the need for a skip button.

This would be really cute if it was a little bit longer. The one problem with it, it is so short that you can probably remember all the solutions which totally eliminates replay.

All in all it is cute, but really easy if you just stop and look at the puzzle. If it was about double of what it is, it would be worth buying.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Nov 11, 10 4:46 PM
I am having trouble with the 'shell game' where the map is behind 4 locks. Twice the game has locked up and my cursor takes on a mind of it's own. Not sure if this is a technical issue or because I'm doing something wrong.
what do I do with one of the 'shells' if I think it is hiding a key. Take it to the empty circle at top left? Taking it to the locks is not helpful.
Thanks.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 12, 10 3:04 AM
JessF wrote:I am having trouble with the 'shell game' where the map is behind 4 locks. Twice the game has locked up and my cursor takes on a mind of it's own. Not sure if this is a technical issue or because I'm doing something wrong.
what do I do with one of the 'shells' if I think it is hiding a key. Take it to the empty circle at top left? Taking it to the locks is not helpful.
Thanks.

Spoiler:

Looking For Keys

You can move the metal detector around the scene until the needle goes all the way to the green area. Then move some of the shells away from the metal detector to find out which one is the one that makes the metal detector needle stay in the green area.

Be sure to move all shells away except the one that makes the metal detector stay in the green. That way you know a key is inside. You have to find 4 keys and you only get 5 chances to open shells.

Move that shell into the circle in the upper left and if it has a key inside it will open to reveal the key. Then take the key to the locks and use it on the color lock that matches the key.

Be careful when you are moving around that you don't accidentally push a shell into the circle in the upper left that does not have a key inside as that will take one of your 5 chances away.

Good luck!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Nov 12, 10 5:32 AM
Thanks, Lizzie K.

I think I am going to have to contact CS. Even following your instructions exactly after about 1 minute the game freezes and the cursor will not respond. I have to bring up the task manager to shut down the game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 12, 10 1:45 PM
JessF wrote:Thanks, Lizzie K.

I think I am going to have to contact CS. Even following your instructions exactly after about 1 minute the game freezes and the cursor will not respond. I have to bring up the task manager to shut down the game.

You might try setting your screen resolution to 1152 x 864, then in the game options turn off full screen and play in windowed mode. You can also close out the Big Fish game manager that runs in the background. Your game will still run without the game manager open and it will use less resources of your computer.

You should update your video card driver if you have not already done that.

Good luck!

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 13, 10 12:49 AM
I am completely stuck on the 2nd game on the fourth circle. I don't know how to get the key out to unlock two locks The key is attached to the bar.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 13, 10 3:07 AM
valeriepres wrote:I am completely stuck on the 2nd game on the fourth circle. I don't know how to get the key out to unlock two locks The key is attached to the bar.
I believe the name of this puzzle is Partners. I have posted a video of the solution on youtube. You can find it by doing a search on youtube for A Magnetic Adventure Partners.

Good luck!

Edited on 11/13/2010 at 3:32:49 AM PST

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 13, 10 5:37 AM
Welcome to Bigfish, Jimmy1027,

Thanks for taking the time to setup this thread to help others with the game, that's very thoughtful

Go to: